CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

Saskatchewan has a terrible pass protection ,  Calgary in the first 3 quarters got to Harris many times rushing only 3 - 4 guys.     They also have a terrible secondary and can't defend 20+ yard passes. 

Calgary needs to recruit receivers who can catch ASAP.   Lots of critical drops.    Maier chokes under pressure and gives the game away when he more then likely could of ran for a first down on that last play.  

Both of these teams are missing playmakers.   

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

That throw in overtime by maier... what on earth was he thinking? It was covered, it was underground... it was extremely dangerous.... just all around stupidity. That guy us not a good qb.

Dumb play call too, rolling out in that direction he was left with few receiver options, he would have been better off putting his head down and running for the first down.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

That play reminded me of when Bo threw the game away against the Argos in the 2017 Grey Cup.

Similar playcall and same mistake... Just different QBs.

That was my first exact thought too.

I mean christ you have one job in that situation,  don't turn the ball over. We're I a stamps fan (and thank God I'm not) I'd be livid