2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

42 minutes ago, JCon said:

Sure would be nifty cool if salaries were shared and we could have site like CapFriendly to get a better insight into where everyone is. 

I was thinking that too, but since salaries aren't guaranteed, I'd hate to be the poor sucker trying to update that site.

27 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not me. I will probably get raked over the coals for this but I think Jeffcoat is a guy we should have moved on from. He just is in the tub way too much.

And is consistently one of our best playoff performers.

I'm going to throw on the Blue tinted glasses and say I'm happy to have Jefferson and Jeffcoat as bookends.

As a team, blame whoever you want, we continually made less than optimal roster management decisions last year along the DL. Never had anyone of the roster to rotate at DE and give the Jeff's a breather. They prioritized special teams bodies at the expense of the defense. 

Sorry Mike for agreeing with you. I find it hilarious that the "usual suspects" go on the attack when anyone, even Mike, says anything that's not uber positive. It's nice to know that it's not just me. 

I think Walters has had a great off season signing our own, but receiver is the only upgrade we've got from last year's shoulda woulda coulda won the Grey Cup team. It may be the only one we need as long as the older guys have one more year in them. 

MOS' "We use our MLB differently than other teams" is the same lame excuse he's used before for much less talented people than Bighill. I love Bighill, but he didn't earn his salary last year, especially at the end of the season when he was a step slow and didn't wrap up. I can only hope that was due to injury, not age.

Jeffcoat's another guy who I don't think earned his salary last year. I'd have looked for younger/cheaper and used the extra to upgrade @ DT. 

Bryant was still all star quality last year, but not a dominant as he has been. At 36, the wheels could fall off at any time. 

Agodusi is a one game wonder, but that doesn't really matter because he'll be the 4th or 5th option.

We're still the top team in the league because Collaros is head and shoulders above any other starting QB in the CFL. Rourke was the closest QB last year, and he's in the NFL now, so it's not even close now. 

Bring on the 'Yah Buts'.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Sorry Mike for agreeing with you. I find it hilarious that the "usual suspects" go on the attack when anyone, even Mike, says anything that's not uber positive. It's nice to know that it's not just me. 

I think Walters has had a great off season signing our own, but receiver is the only upgrade we've got from last year's shoulda woulda coulda won the Grey Cup team. It may be the only one we need as long as the older guys have one more year in them. 

MOS' "We use our MLB differently than other teams" is the same lame excuse he's used before for much less talented people than Bighill. I love Bighill, but he didn't earn his salary last year, especially at the end of the season when he was a step slow and didn't wrap up. I can only hope that was due to injury, not age.

Jeffcoat's another guy who I don't think earned his salary last year. I'd have looked for younger/cheaper and used the extra to upgrade @ DT. 

Bryant was still all star quality last year, but not a dominant as he has been. At 36, the wheels could fall off at any time. 

Agodusi is a one game wonder, but that doesn't really matter because he'll be the 4th or 5th option.

We're still the top team in the league because Collaros is head and shoulders above any other starting QB in the CFL. Rourke was the closest QB last year, and he's in the NFL now, so it's not even close now. 

Bring on the 'Yah Buts'.

So if anyone disagrees with you it’s so called “ yah but” interesting..I guess that’s a full proof way of convincing yourself you’re right all the time. 

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Moore for sure......Nevis??? was pretty good when he was here last but that position being a grinder....I'd go with the younger guy...Moore

I think Nevis would be an awsome stopgap for a year. Obviously rather have Moore.

I think the chance now of our DT’s being anyone but Thomas and rookies are slim to none. 

7 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I think Nevis would be an awsome stopgap for a year. Obviously rather have Moore.

I think the chance now of our DT’s being anyone but Thomas and rookies are slim to none. 

I'm fine with rookies but I really hope that they bring in a whole bunch to training camp. 

What's a bunch of Defensive Linemen called? A flock? A group? A murder? 

59 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'm going to throw on the Blue tinted glasses and say I'm happy to have Jefferson and Jeffcoat as bookends.

As a team, blame whoever you want, we continually made less than optimal roster management decisions last year along the DL. Never had anyone of the roster to rotate at DE and give the Jeff's a breather. They prioritized special teams bodies at the expense of the defense. 

I'm fine with the Jeff's...but as said we need another rotational end...who can be somewhat a difference maker too tho...said all along before last season started that the loss of Kongbo...and missing Hansen until he got back..then hurt was gonna hurt us more than anything...we just didnt have the roster to make that rotation work...Hansen back will help this yr as the dude can ball and is a tank out there

I'm sure that we will bring in some edge guys to find that other end, and we could even see Kongbo back....

If Jeffcoat stays on the field...we is a force, and that will just up Willie's game, but we do need a monster in the middle...Moore would be a nice rotational guy...in a Sayles role...maybe more athletic, but he also isn't the prototypical nose tackle body

51 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Man Fajardo’s thin skin has gotten even thinner… the “poor me” dialogue is continuing. Happy I don’t have to support him further. 

whats he yammerin on about now?

59 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Still waiting to hear which MLB is actually better than Bighill in this league. 

Most teams have their 2 non-SAM linebackers playing essentially interchangeably these days, so I’ll just use that criteria and say I’d rather have McManus, either Williams (Avery or Jordan), Thurman or Judge over Bighill at this point in time. Feels to me like we’re stuck in the same time warp that makes Hamilton fans think Simoni Lawrence is still good. 

What I’d really like to see is if we can scout a young one to come in and replace either Kyrie or Bighill. If we have to use the same excuses of “they’re just covering up for injuries” this year when we’re going to trot out the same guys who we’ve been having that problem with for two years, we’re really doing it to ourselves at this point.

46 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm fine with rookies but I really hope that they bring in a whole bunch to training camp. 

What's a bunch of Defensive Linemen called? A flock? A group? A murder? 

You mean on average 6'3" 275lbs Flesh mountains that are able to bench press 325lbs and squat 500lbs?  I am going with "C", A murder of D-Linemen. 

43 minutes ago, JCon said:

A sack? 

No, that is what you call a group of dysfunctional, self-deluded, faux-grandiose, wanna-b-gridiron players donned in green and white... More accurately called a "Sad Sack"

T3Py3Ex.jpeg 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy