2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

33 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I could handle out of town posters rehashing the GC loss and hometown posters criticizing our somewhat aging roster, but I draw the line at mac-n-cheese and weiner slander from anyone

How dare you? Be ashamed and do better. My tapeworm and I bid you good day

Don’t know why but I heard it in this voice:

be-best-melania-trump.gif

And with this face:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bluto said:

On balance, I agree completely.

But that does nothing to erase the fact that on the day of November 20, 2022, Ryan Dinwiddie outcoached and out adjusted Mike O'Shea by a mile.

By a mile is quite a stretch. The Argos D deserves a ton of credit for holding down the Bomber O, no doubt.  However, several self inflicted wounds, not least of which was poor play calling, played a significant role as well.  Argos deserved the win but it was hardly by domination.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Sounds a bit like the 2002 mentality though. “All-time team, just fell flat in the big game. Let’s just run it back and we’ll be fine”.  And we all painfully remember how that turned out. I think a small bit of skepticism is fair. 

Yeah but losing Bolden after 01 was a pretty significant loss. This team is much deeper than 01. Don't forget 02 they went into the west final without stegall and lost Robert's on the first play. That was like 75% of the offense.

Just now, Booch said:

yup...no loss for you guys there whatsoever...and probably a help in a good locker room cleansing there....it's a start anyway

Duke is gone, AC Leonard is gone… I’m hoping Mike Edem doesn’t come back as I’ve been told he’s a ringleader for the toxicity at times.

Just now, greenrider55 said:

Duke is gone, AC Leonard is gone… I’m hoping Mike Edem doesn’t come back as I’ve been told he’s a ringleader for the toxicity at times.

yeah he was one of the last couple hold-outs for the doucher climate there...Marshall as well tho it seemed he kinda smartened up...a lil...lets see if that was the new norm...or just a anomaly with him

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah he was one of the last couple hold-outs for the doucher climate there...Marshall as well tho it seemed he kinda smartened up...a lil...lets see if that was the new norm...or just a anomaly with him

Marshall’s brother was murdered at some point during the 2021 season, and I believe it was a large reason for his attitude for a lot of that season, as I agree he really calmed down this past season. I hope he has reigned himself in.

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

I disagree.  He hangs here because he's tolerated by a few of you and that's fine.  To me, he's nothing but a troll, one that we never see here most of the time, except when the Argo's do well.  Then he's an insufferable jerk.  If there was such a thing as an online community for the ten's of Argo's fans, he'd be there, but sadly, he knows he can get away with this crap here and frankly, I'm sick of him trying to rub our faces in a fluke win by the welfare team of the CFL.  Might not be a popular opinion, but there it is.

I don't want to be old but wasn't bluto on the OG bombers site ourbombers. com? Couldn't be a troll then 

The riders fan who has had like 5 different names... he's a troll 

Edited by Goalie

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

spitty mc eyegouge to the Hammer.......

3DownNation:

"4:41 p.m. ET — The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have made a splash, signing receiver Duke Williams from the Saskatchewan Roughriders. I, for one, think Duke to The Hammer is a perfect fit, given how he likes to use his helmet like one."

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ed4k95fnqmo3swkj2vd

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I find the lack of Sankey speculation weird 

he racked up some tackles for sure...but cause they on field a ton...but he kind of a one trick pony...good going downhill between the tackles....lacks good pursuit speed and is a liability in coverage....I'd say one the more over rated defenders in the league

12 hours ago, Booch said:

he racked up some tackles for sure...but cause they on field a ton...but he kind of a one trick pony...good going downhill between the tackles....lacks good pursuit speed and is a liability in coverage....I'd say one the more over rated defenders in the league

Agreed- I’ve been saying it since last year , particularly getting beat to the sidelines by a  240 lb 3rd string QB on a short yardage sneak that went for 70 yards. 

Still surprised his name hadn’t even really been mentioned outside of not wanting to be in the Gap 

Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Realistically, the Riders are going to struggle this season. Too many changes, too much internal dissent, plus VERY questionable head coach and general manager. I would be surprised, no- shocked, if they win 6 games and even moreso if the coaching and GM survive past Labour Day.

49 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Dudes been visiting the bomber fan forum since christ was a carpenter lol

Some people take this **** too seriously and personally sometimes. Who cares lol

Welcome anytime bluto 

Yeah, Bluto’s no troll. Guy knows his football. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Realistically, the Riders are going to struggle this season. Too many changes, too much internal dissent, plus VERY questionable head coach and general manager. I would be surprised, no- shocked, if they win 6 games and even moreso if the coaching and GM survive past Labour Day.

They also just lack talent