2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

8 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I think O'Day is convinced that his o-line is great and it was all the QB to blame

I honestly think that he believes he has the horses in the stable....like wtf??

6 minutes ago, holoman said:

Just wait unti he finds out  (based on stats  the last couple of years) the Riders signed a less mobile but more experienced version of Cody.

and I bet more brittle than the Faj....one thing I will give him credit for is that he took a pounding and kept coming back for more...( tho he did whine and pout like a baby) Harris is the anti version of that

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Loooowwwwwww ******* bar..... And imagine thinking that MBT makes your team better..... Good gravy. 

No, because we had him last year. So that's not "better", it's looking to pick up where we left off. And if that doesn't happen, then we're definitely worse, so...

We've done good business and have assembled a roster that looks ready to try winning another Eastern Championship. Life, Injuries and the Unexpected will still happen as they may to every team.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

What an odd...and pointless signing by them....is Oday on glue?...he's a good stop gap for a team with a legit shot at a cup this yr...not a team in free fall and with big glaring holes all over...like oline...receiver...db's....linebackers....what an utter useless G.M....and likely for big money too, to further rape other positions needs and be just a scrap heaping off-season for them

That's the only reason he signed there. O'Day overpaid. Just like Duke Williams, The money he spent on that useless piece of trash receiver could have been spent on an OL. Same now with Johnson, instead of upgrading his OL he spent $$$ on an overpaid aging DL. O'Day hasn't even re-signed the immortal Dan Clark. 

11 hours ago, Mike said:

Yes, agreed. After all, teams in pro football always honour the contracts and don’t historically just use guys up like they are assets and nothing more. 

I agree with you but I don't make the rules. Teams can release players as the contracts aren't guaranteed. Teams always have had the one up on players when it comes to contracts.

However, things are much better than it was 40 years ago. There was little player movement back then. Players had to play an option year after their contracts expired for 2/3 of the value of the deal. Supposedly, it was to give time for both sides to work out a new deal once the old one expired.

So, as far as Dominique Rhymes goes he has way more freedom than a receiver like Jim Young did back in the day. A year from now Rhymes can cash in if he has another season like he did last year. If Young had one year left on his contract, he'd have to wait 3 seasons to be able to get a raise. He'd have to finish off his deal then take a one third pay cut under his option year with no free agency as teams seldom signed free agents. Only after his option year could Young play elsewhere & get paid.  

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, bluto said:

There's reports that Chris Edwards will not re-sign with the Argos. Helluva SAM/DB. Game breaking emotional player. Had some clashes with the staff and is 30. I get why it's time...

... especially since the word is we'll be signing Adarius Pickett.

McManus, Williams and Pickett looks pretty good.

That would be a coup.

2 hours ago, bluto said:

There's reports that Chris Edwards will not re-sign with the Argos. Helluva SAM/DB. Game breaking emotional player. Had some clashes with the staff and is 30. I get why it's time...

That's too bad, Edwards is a good player but emotionally crazy, wonder where he ends up....

Gainer the Gopher under fire for 'inappropriate' handling of stuffed lion |  CBC News

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) has released a statement on Tuesday morning about the Montreal Alouettes.

The ownership of the Montreal Alouettes franchise has been transferred to the CFL. Mario Cecchini has been appointed the team’s interim President and will lead the management of the organization’s day-to-day business operations under the direction and supervision of the league office. General Manager Danny Maciocia continues to focus on the important work of building the team’s roster for the upcoming 2023 season.

The league has initiated an accelerated and formal sales process, which is being led by its investment banking partner, Park Lane, a leading sports-focused advisory firm whose clients include major league sports properties around the world.

15 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Waiting for JOD to start slinging picks for aging/borderline starters out of self preservation/desperation and ignoring that the OL can basically only be rebuilt through the draft in any realistic/sustainable way

In fairness, JOD and his mentor Chris Jones did draft OL. They just suck at it. St. John was a first overall...lmao. That same draft, 9 picks later, we drafted a young man in the 2nd round by the name of Michael Couture. Just as a frame of reference. 

Jones biggest weak spot is that he tries to get too cute, or takes big flyers on guys. O'Day mentored directly off of him, and shows similar weaknesses only he doesn't have the knack for hitting the odd home run like Jones does.

Edited by GCn20

23 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) has released a statement on Tuesday morning about the Montreal Alouettes.

The ownership of the Montreal Alouettes franchise has been transferred to the CFL. Mario Cecchini has been appointed the team’s interim President and will lead the management of the organization’s day-to-day business operations under the direction and supervision of the league office. General Manager Danny Maciocia continues to focus on the important work of building the team’s roster for the upcoming 2023 season.

The league has initiated an accelerated and formal sales process, which is being led by its investment banking partner, Park Lane, a leading sports-focused advisory firm whose clients include major league sports properties around the world.

@SpeedFlex27....  And you were saying what to me?