2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

20 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yep, they've managed the money so well they can no longer afford players they just re-signed a month ago. 🙄

was gonna say...wtf is he babbling about...they have way too much money allocated in a few spots..where now they ned to pare down others

21 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yep, they've managed the money so well they can no longer afford players they just re-signed a month ago. 🙄

Dunk is honestly embarrassing in his opinions 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

The hummingbird to Irving's wise old Owl...

He also loves the Gappers - maybe he should go back 

1 hour ago, bluto said:

8-1 in my lifetime. 7 in a row. 7-0 against one particular team. You can act like it's no big deal... But I know we're the last team that anyone wants to face at the GC.

Well i hate to be nasty but when the whole league has to keep bailing you out and giving you players like Ricky Ray to keep you going,you should be winning. Just saying.

When we beat ourselves in the Grey Cup, I was disappointed that there wouldn't be a three-peat.  The other downside to losing to Toronto is having a certain poster here, posting incessantly, who we never see when the Argos are in the basement.  Oh well, hopefully, things will straighten out in the coming year.

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

was gonna say...wtf is he babbling about...they have way too much money allocated in a few spots..where now they ned to pare down others

I mean, is this really much different than us? 

We’ve invested every ounce of cap space in aging talent and we can afford to sign exactly one free agent, it seems like. I’m not thrilled with our off-season at all, at this point. Seems like we’re banking on a lot of “please still be in your prime” from key guys. Look at Toronto - they beat us in the Grey Cup and are making massive additions. They’re a better team than us *today* on paper.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Argos becoming East Champions wouldn't mean much? I would think that it might mean a great deal to any Western team that goes to the Grey Cup. When we go, we win.

Get a grip Bluto. You guys were flukey AF to win that game, and there is NO western team that gives a crap which of it's weak sisters in the East comes to play. That doesn't mean that an Eastern team can't win, it means that really any HEAVY underdog can sometimes beat a team that is much, much, better than them on any given Sunday. I am about as scared of Toronto as I am of Ottawa.

Take comfort in your Grey Cup win, but don't come on here all cocky. If that game is played 100x we win 95 of them.

Also, take comfort in the fact that the CFL artificially props up the crap teams in the East with an antiquated, bizarre, and quite frankly wholly unfair playoff structure. If not for that there likely isn't an Eastern team in very many Grey Cups. So know your role, and where you are at before flapping your gums.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

We’ve invested every ounce of cap space in aging talent and we can afford to sign exactly one free agent, it seems like. I’m not thrilled with our off-season at all, at this point. Seems like we’re banking on a lot of “please still be in your prime” from key guys. Look at Toronto - they beat us in the Grey Cup and are making massive additions. They’re a better team than us *today* on paper.

Interesting take. I have been wondering how much of an “unfinished business” approach the team has been taking here. But then, they were 15-3 so would you really want to tear down a team like that anyway? And in 2002 when we launched the original “unfinished business” we were probably just Stegall and Roberts injuries away from getting back to the Grey Cup. I won’t say there are no concerns here. Collaros has played his least impressive football in the playoffs the last 3 seasons, I wonder openly how much Bighill has left in the tank, and Jeffcoat is now looking like he could be an injury liability. Even Jefferson’s “game wrecking” seemed less frequent last year and Hardrick and Bryant  may see Father Time and injuries catching up with them. But here’s the question: with talent that got you to a 3rd straight Grey Cup and best record in club history (albeit with some visible flaws) do you quit on that level of talent maybe a year or two early, or risk being a year too late? 

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

we dont have close to 600k invested in 2 receivers tho....its a bit diff...we have some money invested in some guys right at their apex...so time is in the essence...but that being said they are established and proven and not in any obvious decline yet...and also at less than market value, so I'd say we spread our SMS around quite well...we have top notch players across the board at all positions...not high priced top notch at 1 or 2...then a group of middling average guys filling out a roster, with zero depth behind them....so we are set up well....

Based on the recent market, and signings...we have a fully stocked roster with top guys at almost value deals compared to lesser talent elsewhere making more

also..we have consistency and cohesiveness which is huge early on in the season...and its right across the board coaches on down...we hit ground running day 1 of camp

So in my opinion we are head and shoulders above all the squads, and have our SMS perfectly allocated to meet our needs, and augment what we have...without raping other areas....going down our roster...who is an overpay based on the recent activity league wide since Decemeber...I cant find anyone

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Except for QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, and DB

Yeah they’re better everywhere but those spots 

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

The Bombers were 15-3 and lost by one point on "Any Given Sunday".  The Bombers were the better team and lost one important game.  That does not make the Argos their equal or superior as a team or organization.  The Argos need to improve if they want to do it again.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

8-1 in my lifetime. 7 in a row. 7-0 against one particular team. You can act like it's no big deal... But I know we're the last team that anyone wants to face at the GC.

This is ridiculous. Just shut it. There are at least 3 Western teams that are far better than your lucky, but sad sack franchise.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

Common now. Other than LB and maybe secondary our team is much stronger at every other position.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

Baloney. Hitting the bong a little too hard today Mike? 

22 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Well i hate to be nasty but when the whole league has to keep bailing you out and giving you players like Ricky Ray to keep you going,you should be winning. Just saying.

You and the other 5 Argo fans should be ashamed at how disgraceful your team is managed business wise instead of flapping your gums about how great your welfare team is.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I know Jones managed to get some production with this similar situation in Sask with the lowly Faj at QB, but I still just can't imagine this situation working out in Edm with Corny at QB. It would be the same as us starting Prukop, and with a much worse OL. I don't get how this is supposed to work...

Faj was never Jones QB. Came the year after.

7 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Common now. Other than LB and maybe secondary our team is much stronger at every other position.

I wouldn't even say secondary either. I mean last year the Riders had a better LBer crew than us too and have added in FA, are we behind them now too?

Edited by GCn20

43 minutes ago, bb1 said:

And you will continue to do so for as long as we say so. And you may address those cheques to "The Champions".