Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Love that Lawler said that if he was coming coming back to Winnipeg it wasn’t about money and more about love for this place and wanting to be here - and if he went somewhere else he would be looking to take all their money 😂

Yeah... interesting comment...which I liked by the way...u can tell he's happy as a clam again...

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Schoen Lawler demski. Woli. Like put random poster in every game, does it Matter? 18 catches all year 

Honestly, with our starting three, and our commitment to Brady and the run game. I'm not sure there's any point (or cap space) in paying anything but league minimum to the rest of the receiving core.

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Honestly, with our starting three, and our commitment to Brady and the run game. I'm not sure there's any point (or cap space) in paying anything but league minimum to the rest of the receiving core.

That's reality.

A higher priority would be the DT position and some backup linebackers and DL - we are going with some older talent in the front 7 

I want to apologize to every poster I've ever had a run in with on this site. I just made one comment on the bomber fan Facebook page.

Note to the die hards.  Stay away from that place. It is infuriating . They make our dysfunctional group here look like true reasonable diplomats 

Edited by CodyT

9 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I want to apologize to every poster I've ever had a run in with on this site. I just made one comment on the bomber fan Facebook page.

Note to the die hards.  Stay away from that place. It is infuriating . They make our dysfunctional group here look like true reasonable diplomats 

Myess, myess..   quite.

40 minutes ago, CodyT said:

the-office-michael-scott.gif

1 hour ago, CodyT said:

Now, what did you say??? 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xfc2rpct4yjn7030o3

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

That people are more injury prone in their 30s?  It's just a fact.

They are not more injury prone per se but injury severity and time loss absolutely go up.  With proper care and conditioning of the body a player in his 30's can remain as healthy as a younger player. However, the contact injuries will keep a guy out longer in his 30's as the same injury to a guy in his 20s and wear and tear can worsen the severity of the non contact injuries.

However, I might add that the 32 year old bench mark used to be when it was considered time to find replacements ASAP, and that is no longer the case in pro sports. That goal post has moved to around 35 in the last decade due to advanced nutrition and conditioning programs becoming the norm.

Of course, you also have positions where age is less of a factor such as OL, and QB. The most dramatic drop off comes in your speed and stamina at your mid 30s. Strength is still there until your late 30's. This is why you see many OL still playing at a high level 35+.

Edited by GCn20

41 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

They are not more injury prone per se but injury severity and time loss absolutely go up.  With proper care and conditioning of the body a player in his 30's can remain as healthy as a younger player. However, the contact injuries will keep a guy out longer in his 30's as the same injury to a guy in his 20s and wear and tear can worsen the severity of the non contact injuries.

However, I might add that the 32 year old bench mark used to be when it was considered time to find replacements ASAP, and that is no longer the case in pro sports. That goal post has moved to around 35 in the last decade due to advanced nutrition and conditioning programs becoming the norm.

Of course, you also have positions where age is less of a factor such as OL, and QB. The most dramatic drop off comes in your speed and stamina at your mid 30s. Strength is still there until your late 30's. This is why you see many OL still playing at a high level 35+.

defensive back is where you see it first....once you are past 32...unless a freak athlete. Like Nick Taylor was your days are numbered

5 hours ago, Mark H. said:

That people are more injury prone in their 30s?  It's just a fact.

I was being facetious LOL

14 hours ago, CodyT said:

Agreed ,I just read and quickly scroll away.

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Same with Twitter. I’m a young guy but I got rid of all my social media during the pandemic and couldn’t be happier. 

I got rid of everything except LinkedIn so that if I ever get the craving I'm forced to use LinkedIn and the craving very quickly fades

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Litre signed in Ottawa this morning. 

Ah not a bad get for them. 

3 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Hear you wbbfan,  but think some of that money is being left aside for this years draft class.

true. I doubt any one picked in the bottom half will be on the roster and probably won’t play into the salary cap when it comes into effect. 
 Imo stock up on all the fa vet nis that are young/ fresh enough to contribute and make moves for the cap at the end of camp. Good nis are really few and far between. 

22 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Hear you wbbfan,  but think some of that money is being left aside for this years draft class.

doesn't really work that way though, you're still trying to create competition for camp. If you sign a guy and he's beat out by a drafted player, off he goes. It's not like these bottom half of the roster types are leveraging bonuses.