Pre-West Final Thread: Bombers Updates

Noeller

Just now, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Anyone else here think the Lions are going to ground and pound that ball with butler down our throats and then toss a big play pass? much like the 2019 and 2021 iterations of the Bombers?

I don’t. He’s only passed 19 Carries twice this year. The Leo’s aren’t going to change their offense to revolve around him in one week. 

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Anyone else here think the Lions are going to ground and pound that ball with butler down our throats and then toss a big play pass? much like the 2019 and 2021 iterations of the Bombers?

Butler doesn't really scare me with their interior OL.  Suspect they might run some funky stuff with Pipkin if the pass game starts out cold.

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Butler got hurt vs Calgary I believe so he's definitely not 100%. A lot of their weapons are dinged up. So they can certainly try whichever method of attaining victory they like..... We'll see how it goes for them. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Butler doesn't really scare me with their interior OL.  Suspect they might run some funky stuff with Pipkin if the pass game starts out cold.

This is another thing. BC OL suuuuuuuuuucks. 

Personally I think the roster again has some eyebrow raisers...but that's Oshea for u...

If Houston practiced in full...and is game healthy and they chose Holm over him...who has missed the last few due to injury as well that is very odd...I guess they feel hes not 100 percent

Why Walker is off tho when he been on consistantly is odd...he serves a great purpose...same for Mcrae...They both offer way more in game use outside teams as whom they were replaced with.

I guess when u have a poorly stocked PR position wise leaves u hamstrung 

That being said I feel this version should handle the Lions...but if we get to Cup and roll with this lineup when we have some other options I'd be a bit questionable as to why

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Personally I think the roster again has some eyebrow raisers...but that's Oshea for u...

If Houston practiced in full...and is game healthy and they chose Holm over him...who has missed the last few due to injury as well that is very odd...I guess they feel hes not 100 percent

Why Walker is off tho when he been on consistantly is odd...he serves a great purpose...same for Mcrae...They both offer way more in game use outside teams as whom they were replaced with.

I guess when u have a poorly stocked PR position wise leaves u hamstrung 

That being said I feel this version should handle the Lions...but if we get to Cup and roll with this lineup when we have some other options I'd be a bit questionable as to why

The answer is always Special Teams.

MOS prioritizes ST as much as he does the O and the D and the rotation of guys on those teams. 

Every time we raise an eyebrow (and I have), the guy is probably is or is replacing a "starting" STer.

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

We will see what you’re wearing tomorrow 😂

+ 10 last time you were here and you had cold weather gear on.

Bc spending an inordinate amount of time trying to convince everyone they are ok with the weather.... I ask again, trying to convince everyone else or themselves? Honestly BC this week seems to be trying desperately to come across as not worried... but it leaves me with the opposite impression. Like they know the Bombers are better and they need a miracle to win. If I were a lions fan, God forbid I'd hate it. Really can see them just getting rolled over because they don't believe they can win.

29 minutes ago, Jesse said:

The answer is always Special Teams.

MOS prioritizes ST as much as he does the O and the D and the rotation of guys on those teams. 

Every time we raise an eyebrow (and I have), the guy is probably is or is replacing a "starting" STer.

For sure.  McCrae is a nice guy to have on the roster but unless there's a rash of injuries he'd spend this game standing on the sidelines.  They've shown that they won't pull off a starting receiver for him or anyone else this season.  He might get on the roster anyway if Bailey can't go.

I might have kept Walker on over Clements.  I'd bet we'll have Briggs/Gauthier on the field almost every down anyway.

Cold isn't really an advantage or disadvantage for the Bombers. Most players have played in the cold by the time they get to the pros. Everyone will have to play in the same conditions tomorrow.

A slippery field is an advantage for the offence, because they know where they're going and the defence has to react.

The last BC game shows what happens when one team is playing for next week and the other team is playing to send a message. I wouldn't put too much value on that game or the Rourke-less game. The game that shows the most is the first game we played against them, which made us the only team who beat BC with Rourke at QB.

I expect us to try and take Rourke out early. That means pressure and leaving the DB's to cover man. For BC to beat our pressure, they'll need to throw quick, go to screen and draw, or use the 'Milt go deep' that Khari did and throw to a deep receiver. I expect to see them do all three things at different times to try to relieve the pressure. The last time we played them Rourke was short on two deep balls, where their receiver was behind our deep DB. Completing the deep balls is there only real hope of winning IMO. 

On D, I expect to see a lot of run blitzes on first down. They need to make us one dimensional to give themselves a chance and that means taking away the run, cuz they ain't going to be able to take the pass away unless they take Collaros outta the game & I don't see that happening.

I'm hoping for a great game with the right team winning (Yah, I mean the Bombers).