Pre-West Final Thread: Bombers Updates

Noeller

Like who is this marketed towards? This makes approximately zero people want to go that we’re not already planning to go. 

This is also basically the extent of their marketing effort online so far as well. 

Come on. 

This almost makes me not want to go. 

The White Out marketing works because you are inside and warm. 

This is just ineffective. 

See, I dunno...I absolutely loved it. I consider myself proud to be a true, "hardened" Manitoban. I'm proud of that weather and that makes me EXCITED to get together with 30+k friends and scream and yell and drink some Haze Bombs and watch Rourke get ******* crippled (not really) on Sunday afternoon. I get that it's maybe not helping the passive fans who want Sunny and +20, but **** it, I loved that clip.... it was like a rallying cry.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

See, I dunno...I absolutely loved it. I consider myself proud to be a true, "hardened" Manitoban. I'm proud of that weather and that makes me EXCITED to get together with 30+k friends and scream and yell and drink some Haze Bombs and watch Rourke get ******* crippled (not really) on Sunday afternoon. I get that it's maybe not helping the passive fans who want Sunny and +20, but **** it, I loved that clip.... it was like a rallying cry.

You’re in the “already going” group - it does nothing for non-hardcore.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

You’re in the “already going” group - it does nothing for non-hardcore.

Maybe....but if we're actually at 31k+, maybe it IS working as a war cry of sorts? I mean, 2300 shy of a sellout in that barn is pretty damn good.... it's going to be raucous in there.

Just now, Noeller said:

alright, alright..... fair enough. 

Like I can’t wait to get there- I spent a bunch of money on cold weather stuff for last year and again this year- but we are the easy sells. 

Go look at BC’s social media and see the difference- they pump out stuff. 

I think you should always put that effort in. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Like I can’t wait to get there- I spent a bunch of money on cold weather stuff for last year and again this year- but we are the easy sells. 

Go look at BC’s social media and see the difference- they pump out stuff. 

I think you should always put that effort in. 

am I crazy or has our social media team not been the envy of the league for at least the last few years.....? It seems odd to hear that our social media team isn't doing enough....I'm not disagreeing, but I could have sworn we were the ones that everyone was trying to be like. 

Just now, Noeller said:

am I crazy or has our social media team not been the envy of the league for at least the last few years.....? It seems odd to hear that our social media team isn't doing enough....I'm not disagreeing, but I could have sworn we were the ones that everyone was trying to be like. 

They are good overall- but they have fallen asleep the last two weeks. 

We have two posts on Twitter today. One is the injury report and the other is a RT from Global interviewing WJ. 😴

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

They are good overall- but they have fallen asleep the last two weeks. 

We have two posts on Twitter today. One is the injury report and the other is a RT from Global interviewing WJ. 😴

Twitter? What about Insta and their reels? There is a lot more going on than what is on Twitter. 

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm right there with you, but I understand that what he's getting at.

It's also the only thing I've seen this week - I expected much more of a marketing blitz.

Jeff makes a good point, and I honestly wouldn't know if there's anything going on outside of Twitter. I check FB a little bit, am not ever on Insta (and have never once intentionally watched a "Reel") and I don't even really know what TikTok is.......so maybe there's stuff going on that I have no clue about......? ****** if I know, anyhow...

Just now, Geebrr said:

I just checked IG and the last reel I see is then asking players what they call a toque from yesterday and an AMA with WJ 5 days earlier. 

Other than that really nothing that I can see. 

I don’t have Tik Tok because I’m not 15 

Did you not see the other promo video, which is better than the one you posted? 

Just now, JCon said:

Did you not see the other promo video, which is better than the one you posted? 

I guess not? Is it the one from last week? 

Just now, Noeller said:

I'm not sure if @rileymarra has any insight or is able to say anything, but I'm curious.... is the general feeling that there NEEDS to be a big SoMed push to sell tickets? 

I don’t get why there wouldn’t be. 

My buddy who is not a football fan told our group chat he got spam robo-called asking if he got his tickets yet.

People love that approach… 

Just now, Geebrr said:

I guess not? Is it the one from last week? 

Yes, last week. All of these reels have more than 40k views. I think they're reaching enough people but some will wait until the last minute to buy tickets. There's no urgency until they get close to a sellout. 

Just now, JCon said:

Yes, last week. All of these reels have more than 40k views. I think they're reaching enough people but some will wait until the last minute to buy tickets. There's no urgency until they get close to a sellout. 

Ok so I saw that video and it was ok but -again- a week ago? 

They should have urgency now. 

Fundamentally I don’t agree with the approach. They’ve had a month to plan marketing for this game. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Ok so I saw that video and it was ok but -again- a week ago? 

They should have urgency now. 

Fundamentally I don’t agree with the approach. They’ve had a month to plan marketing for this game. 

There's a point though, where your return on investment is going to be low. The stadium will be full. It may not sellout but it will be full.