Back to Back Champs vs Hillbillies early talk

Nolby

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Harrison doesn't play special teams at all, return or cover.  He's got one snap between the lines in 4 games.  Gotta think they can integrate him into the offense in some capacity soon.

Go watch some previous games and get back to me...I know for a fact he does....seen him as well

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Go watch some previous games and get back to me...I know for a fact he does....seen him as well

Watch all the games over and chart them.  If you want to look they are on YouTube.

No 81 on any special team.  Parker and Ford gun on punt, the rest are backs and backers.  Same guys plus Bighill and Clements on kickoff cover and return.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Watch all the games over and chart them.  If you want to look they are on YouTube.

No 81 on any special team.  Parker and Ford gun on punt, the rest are backs and backers.  Same guys plus Bighill and Clements on kickoff cover and return.

well...for example...go to about 3:16 min of first quarter...kickoff after our second TD...tell me how you see....

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Go rewatch last game...u will see...I dont need to go to YouTube...have access to watch without that..go watch kick offs...please

I did.  No 81.  Our special teams units are basically the same guys, swap snapper/kicker for a couple backers on kickoffs.  No 81.

00, 3, 24, 25, 27, 32, 34, 41, 44, 45, 47 was the main crew last week.

Will have some changes with Kramdi and Thompson back this week.

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Go rewatch last game...u will see...I dont need to go to YouTube...have access to watch without that..go watch kick offs...please

Whether he plays kick cover or all the teams matters little. It’s still a heavily wasted di spot. We could get atleast comparable di value with basically any defensive player. 

burtenshaw as an ni would be more valuable as a roster spot as long as we don’t use Harrison on offense. Mack as a rotational defensive player and thrown into the same teams roles would be drastically better. 

with how thin we are at wr it’s mine boggling that we haven’t actually given him offensive reps. Maybe he isn’t picking up the ni game well or our playbook idk. 

we have frequently had confusing and low production roster choices at di in the mafia genre. It doesn’t cost us wins generally. But it is frustrating and confounding. 

Watch all games and chart them? Wow.

That’s called preparation people.

I agree...If not gonna use him why have him....maybe this week he sees reps on offence....that being said...almost makes tackle on 2nd half kick return too...

This goes back to a lot of the time Osh's questiuonable use of roster, and guys on it...sometimes there seems to be no point in it

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

A total fail is quite the exaggeration. He has been solid not spectacular. 

Not at all.  Clements has been consistently isolated by all of our opponents and he's pretty consistently failed the test.  Edmonton's not even worth celebrating.  The three teams Clements has started against that have a reasonable offense have torched him.  It's a pretty big weakness in our coverages.

Glad to see the adjustment last week to put Bighill out there and let Gauthier fill gaps to slow up Calgary's run.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I agree...If not gonna use him why have him....maybe this week he sees reps on offence....that being said...almost makes tackle on 2nd half kick return too...

This goes back to a lot of the time Osh's questiuonable use of roster, and guys on it...sometimes there seems to be no point in it

I get the point of having a backup receiver, but I don't get why a guy wouldn't be integrated more even if he's covering every other kickoff.

Like build a couple packages that have him in there for Bailey or whoever.  He's that body type of receiver that usually has pretty good success with Collaros style too.

Not at all.  Clements has been consistently isolated by all of our opponents and he's pretty consistently failed the test.  Edmonton's not even worth celebrating.  The three teams Clements has started against that have a reasonable offense have torched him.  It's a pretty big weakness in our coverages.

Glad to see the adjustment last week to put Bighill out there and let Gauthier fill gaps to slow up Calgary's run.

I get the point of having a backup receiver, but I don't get why a guy wouldn't be integrated more even if he's covering every other kickoff.

Like build a couple packages that have him in there for Bailey or whoever.  He's that body type of receiver that usually has pretty good success with Collaros style too.

Agreed...u need to see what he does under fire

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

He did.  Botched one return pretty badly against Edmonton.

Yup...looked below average at it too...Ford excelled at it in university...did the first one against CGY and looked legit...then that was it..like wtf?!?

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah only thing I can think other than him just not being ready is they are really being over cautious incase another wr or two goes down in game and we end up having some one line the goat at wr. 

typical strange poor di use round here 

Just posting this as an FYI because I'm thinking some people may not know: If you click the blue star next to the thread title (to the left) it will automatically take you to where you last read. It will show you only the posts you haven't seen. So that way you can get caught up on what's been posted since you were last here.... 

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just posting this as an FYI because I'm thinking some people may not know: If you click the blue star next to the thread title (to the left) it will automatically take you to where you last read. It will show you only the posts you haven't seen. So that way you can get caught up on what's been posted since you were last here.... 

I think you over estimate how much some people want to read vs. How much they just want to post