Week 10 - LOLouettes @ The Back-to-Back Champs - GDT

JCon

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Less worried about the OL and more worried about Buck's ability to scheme for pressure, and scheme in a way that Collaros will run it.  Collaros has a lot of blame here too, he has a way he wants to run a pass game and it relies on having a lot of time to move the ball downfield.  Have to adjust to the D a bit sooner than the 3rd quarter.

100% this. You can really tell this is a Buck Offense. Heavy on the pass even when the run game is working. Collaros needs to take what the Defense is giving them at times too.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

100% this. You can really tell this is a Buck Offense. Heavy on the pass even when the run game is working. Collaros needs to take what the Defense is giving them at times too.

Yup. The play calling had been all over the map this year. From the 784 long-bombs in the Edmonton game, to last nights poor adjustments and lack of commitment to the run game. Zach also needs to stop carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. Three fumbles in the last 2 games now??

ZC needs to take care of the ball and not fumble like that. Just handed it to the defence. 

Leggz needs to make that kick but **** happens.

Routledge needs to line up onside (I think the LOS was wrong and he wasn't offside but what can you do)

O-line had their worst game in years.

Defence limited the Als on the scoreboard but didn't make any big plays to swing the game.

Team looked tired and checked out before the bye week.

And after that did they get blown out? No, they lost by 3 in OT. In August. Against a team not in their division.

Bad game all around. Maybe a loss is better than a cheap win to refocus and piss off the team.

It will be ok.  

O’Shea mentioned the placement of the ball on the post game show… said it’s the right call if the ball is placed right on the one… it wasn’t, so he was basically saying it was a bad call without explicitly saying that…

also on the post game… @DTonOB asked Mike Miller about the schedule, if they are tired, etc… Miller immediately shut that down and said there are no excuses for their play… not surprised our players would respond like that

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Bryant was struggling last night. STANLEY BRYANT.  Either he's playing hurt or there are problems with the protection scheme, as JBR keeps pointing out. 

Not so much the protection scheme as the get the ball out of Zach’s hands scheme.  Thorpe basically has one zone blitz layered with another delayed blitz on most passing downs.  The fumble play was a good example.  No one is ever going to read that 37 will rush from a short zone, but they need to know Thorpe’s scheme and not expect to sit in the pocket for 5 seconds, Collaros and Buck.

Bryant had a real hard time with Moore.  

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

We lost the trenches last night. Montreal had pressure all night on Zach and our D line was having a tough time getting through. Short passes killed us all night and man,Leggz has to make a 30 yarder. Boys seemed gassed,bye week couldn't come soon enough.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

He and hardrick have been dinged all year. I mean really I think the big issue was the team waited too long to make adjustments to what the als were doing. 

Sounds right. 

23 minutes ago, bearpants said:

O’Shea mentioned the placement of the ball on the post game show… said it’s the right call if the ball is placed right on the one… it wasn’t, so he was basically saying it was a bad call without explicitly saying that…

also on the post game… @DTonOB asked Mike Miller about the schedule, if they are tired, etc… Miller immediately shut that down and said there are no excuses for their play… not surprised our players would respond like that

They are not going to mention the schedule.

10 games is too long without a bye, but when you consider the short weeks and away games it is even more crazy.

I am not concerned.

Worst part is that our home unbeaten streak is broken!

This game was a lot like a lot of other games that we won. Keep it close. 1 big drive in the 4th to put the game away. It would have worked again if Collaros hadn't fumbled and Leggz could make a short FG.

We weren't going to go undefeated. We lost to an Eastern team like last year. We're still in first place and will be when we get back from the much needed bye.

57 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

ZC needs to take care of the ball and not fumble like that. Just handed it to the defence. 

Leggz needs to make that kick but **** happens.

Routledge needs to line up onside (I think the LOS was wrong and he wasn't offside but what can you do)

O-line had their worst game in years.

Defence limited the Als on the scoreboard but didn't make any big plays to swing the game.

Team looked tired and checked out before the bye week.

And after that did they get blown out? No, they lost by 3 in OT. In August. Against a team not in their division.

Bad game all around. Maybe a loss is better than a cheap win to refocus and piss off the team.

It will be ok.  

My thoughts exactly. The Bombers had several opportunities to ice the game, but it didn't happen. Few expected to run the table this season, but to lose in such a manner where the game was within reach but fumbled away is galling. We need to cut Liegghio some slack. He choked, plain and simple when the game was on the line. but athletes early in their careers have been known to do so are still have stellar careers. Its way too early to tell if this is a chronic issue or a rookieism.  The O-line was terrible from start to finish but 10 games without a breather and multiple injuries will do that. We need to back away from the edge.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

My thoughts exactly. The Bombers had several opportunities to ice the game, but it didn't happen. Few expected to run the table this season, but to lose in such a manner where the game was within reach but fumbled away is galling. We need to cut Liegghio some slack. He choked, plain and simple when the game was on the line. but athletes early in their careers have been known to do so are still have stellar careers. Its way too early to tell if this is a chronic issue or a rookieism.  The O-line was terrible from start to finish but 10 games without a breather and multiple injuries will do that. We need to back away from the edge.

Were on to Cincinnati

We looked like a tired club that just played 10 straight weeks without a bye last night. I am not offering this up as an excuse, but it is the reality. The heart was there but the legs simply weren't. A stretch like that is especially tough on the guys in the trenches and it showed last night. Leggs had an awful game or we still win. I'm not upset at all by this loss, nor am I concerned about it in the least. We will come back refreshed and go on another roll with a few of our starters coming back to the lineup. Losses are never good, but if there is a silver lining to it I feel that it will serve to motivate Walters if any good ex CFLers are cut in the NFL the next week or so. 

Prior to this game, I would have put the odds of us going hard after Desjarlais (if he is cut) as slim just based on what offers he will receive....now I think we would be extremely competitive in bidding for his services. I wouldn't have thought we would look at many ex-CFL cuts at all...now I think Walters will make a splash if someone is available to push us even more over the top.

Edited by GCn20

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

One of lirim or Brett Maher will be available soon. Not sure Maher is an upgrade on leggs tho. Plus American 

Oline has to be the most concerning tho cuz for 3 quarters Zach was being gumbied 

Oline was lacking for sure...but they also got pressure by blitzing one or two guys every time. Oline needs some help with play calling and player recognition. 

53 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We looked like a tired club that just played 10 straight weeks without a bye last night. I am not offering this up as an excuse, but it is the reality. The heart was there but the legs simply weren't. A stretch like that is especially tough on the guys in the trenches and it showed last night. Leggs had an awful game or we still win. I'm not upset at all by this loss, nor am I concerned about it in the least. We will come back refreshed and go on another roll with a few of our starters coming back to the lineup. Losses are never good, but if there is a silver lining to it I feel that it will serve to motivate Walters if any good ex CFLers are cut in the NFL the next week or so. 

Prior to this game, I would have put the odds of us going hard after Desjarlais (if he is cut) as slim just based on what offers he will receive....now I think we would be extremely competitive in bidding for his services. I wouldn't have thought we would look at many ex-CFL cuts at all...now I think Walters will make a splash if someone is available to push us even more over the top.

You could put up any club and ask em to go 9-1 in a 10 game stretch and likely no one would do it. 9-1 is damn impressive and although last night's loss stings bad were still using our oxygen tanks at the top of the mountain.

Let's be honest here....our O Line was porus as hell in that one last night....I haven't seen Bryant have a bad night like that for a very long time....With the heat coming from their D line, I though Zack needed to roll out more and not sit in the pocket....He was getting hammered on a few occasions and I know we all get a little jittery when that happens...sooooo...improvement needed by the big guys up front....The bye will help get our more seasoned guys a rest that is definitely needed.....Couture coming back and Alexander will definitely give the team a lift.....hopefully after the bye

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Oline was lacking for sure...but they also got pressure by blitzing one or two guys every time. Oline needs some help with play calling and player recognition. 

Honestly, what the OL needs the most is a bye week. The summer months are tough on the big guys, and 10 straight weeks without rest is even tougher. They ran out of gas.

Edited by GCn20

Not going to pull a Riderfans and blame the officiating in any way for the loss, because as many calls as I think were bad last night I probably missed as many that went our way too. However, am I the only person thinking that the PI on Winston Rose was just awful? I honestly did not see anything more than a very mild hand fight which is completely legal. Also, many spots on forward progress were extremely generous....like a yard or more. Just awful. There was one play where we stopped them about 2 to 21/2 yards short on 2nd down and it's suddenly 3rd and inches...like wtf?

I am not sure who the reffing crew was last night but they were brutal. As I said earlier, probably went both ways, but man that was some bush officiating last night. I don't often complain about officiating but that was the worst I've seen in a while. Maybe I was biased in my initial assessment so I am going to rewatch this dog of a game just to see, but that's the first time in a long time I've been upset at the officiating like I was last night.....and I was upset at them prior to us losing btw.

Edited by GCn20

That Rose PI is pretty blatant IMO.  If he made a more aggressive play for the ball it might have been less noticeable, but he got beat and just grabbed onto 11’s left arm and held it.  If he isn’t holding the arm 11 has a chance to catch a fairly accurate pass with two hands and it’s probably a TD.

I think that one needs to be called….I’d expect the call if it was Schoen running away from another teams DB.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That Rose PI is pretty blatant IMO.  If he made a more aggressive play for the ball it might have been less noticeable, but he got beat and just grabbed onto 11’s left arm and held it.  If he isn’t holding the arm 11 has a chance to catch a fairly accurate pass with two hands and it’s probably a TD.

I think that one needs to be called….I’d expect the call if it was Schoen running away from another teams DB.

What did you think of the PI challenge we made in OT?