Week 10 - LOLouettes @ The Back-to-Back Champs - GDT

JCon

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Honestly, what the OL needs the most is a bye week. The summer months are tough on the big guys, and 10 straight weeks without rest is even tougher. They ran out of gas.

yup the CFL definitely went out of their way to give other teams every advantage possible this year.  Heal up hoggies, now we start the road to the cup.  The perfect season garbage is over, let's focus on that third Grey Cup ring.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yup the CFL definitely went out of their way to give other teams every advantage possible this year.  Heal up hoggies, now we start the road to the cup.  The perfect season garbage is over, let's focus on that third Grey Cup ring.

It was a distraction.

Imagine a playoff game with the opponent on our one. We’ve shown we can stop three downs. The line will be sure they ain’t offside. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think the ball was tipped by Moore 44 so the DB had a right to the contact.  Was a last ditch effort by O’Shea.

I haven’t had a chance to watch it again… I was at the game and it looked like the DB grabbed early, but I only saw one replay on the Jumbotron.  I agree it was a last ditch effort by O’Shea; nothing to lose.

23 hours ago, GCn20 said:

We looked like a tired club that just played 10 straight weeks without a bye last night. I am not offering this up as an excuse, but it is the reality. The heart was there but the legs simply weren't. A stretch like that is especially tough on the guys in the trenches and it showed last night. Leggs had an awful game or we still win. I'm not upset at all by this loss, nor am I concerned about it in the least. We will come back refreshed and go on another roll with a few of our starters coming back to the lineup. Losses are never good, but if there is a silver lining to it I feel that it will serve to motivate Walters if any good ex CFLers are cut in the NFL the next week or so. 

Prior to this game, I would have put the odds of us going hard after Desjarlais (if he is cut) as slim just based on what offers he will receive....now I think we would be extremely competitive in bidding for his services. I wouldn't have thought we would look at many ex-CFL cuts at all...now I think Walters will make a splash if someone is available to push us even more over the top.

That's exactly what I thought. They looked worn out. They dug real deep and almost ( should have ) won it but that insane schedule caught up to them. I caught a bit of the"  miked up " show with  Wolitarsky and it was interesting how he was talking about not ever having a month of football like that. How he was so exhausted and was learning new things about pushing  himself. Neither O'shea or the team will admit it but it slipped out there on a live mike. 

Edited by the watcher

54 minutes ago, the watcher said:

That's exactly what I thought. They looked worn out. They dug real deep and almost ( should have ) won it but that insane schedule caught up to them. I caught a bit of the"  miked up " show with  Wolitarsky and it was interesting how he was talking about not ever having a month of football like that. How he was so exhausted and was learning new things about pushing  himself. Neither O'shea or the team will admit it but it slipped out there on a live mike. 

I don’t think they would admit it. Which speaks to not whining, just do your job. 

12 hours ago, Geebrr said:

He wasn’t offside. 

Unlike the billion times receivers are offside on the waggle every game. 

I don’t know how that waggle business never gets flagged. The rule was explained to me, and I understood it at the time but that was during many beers and an interesting game. Someday, I’ll revisit the rule, if I can remember who the **** told me they can go past the line of scrimmage before the snap. I’m guessing/recollecting it has something to do with having one foot at the line when snapped.

9 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I don’t know how that waggle business never gets flagged. The rule was explained to me, and I understood it at the time but that was during many beers and an interesting game. Someday, I’ll revisit the rule, if I can remember who the **** told me they can go past the line of scrimmage before the snap. I’m guessing/recollecting it has something to do with having one foot at the line when snapped.

Ray Elgaard was famous for being 2-3 yards offside nearly every play, and rarely was called on it. 

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Ray Elgaard was famous for being 2-3 yards offside nearly every play, and rarely was called on it. 

Pretty sure one Milton Stegall also took some liberties with the offsides lol...

11 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I’m sure it has been said, but the shotgun draw on 2nd down before the squib kick was a terrible play call. 

Yeah, I had the same thought.  We kind of lapsed into the Lapo playbook there.  Plenty of time on the clock, go for the end zone on 2nd down and try to get the TD, rather than just go for the safe play to set up the FG.  Playing it safe in the CFL usually is the wrong way to go.  There was time even to just go for another first down on 2nd down, and then take a shot or two for the endzone before trotting out Leggs.  Hindsight is always 20-20 of course.

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Pretty sure one Milton Stegall also took some liberties with the offsides lol...

Yeah, I had the same thought.  We kind of lapsed into the Lapo playbook there.  Plenty of time on the clock, go for the end zone on 2nd down and try to get the TD, rather than just go for the safe play to set up the FG.  Playing it safe in the CFL usually is the wrong way to go.  There was time even to just go for another first down on 2nd down, and then take a shot or two for the endzone before trotting out Leggs.  Hindsight is always 20-20 of course.

All that plus, if you are playing for the kick, why hand the ball off 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage? 

23 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Am i drunk right now? Playing for the field goal was 100% the right call. The only think I hated about the second last play was that we didn't QB sneak to the muddle of the field.

That was an easily make able field goal with no time left. No reason to risk the TD.

I don’t dislike the call other than it being a handoff at depth.