Stumps at BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS early talk

Nolby

43 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If the team plays like it did in BC, we win. If they play like the first 4 games we don't.

Calgary's a good team. They'll play the full 60 minutes. BLM won't get confused by our defence. IMO Carey is the best RB in the league.

Should be a good game.

I'm not so sure. They've only done this once this year and it was against the L'ks.

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

The only matchup I might be worried about would be Henry vs Taylor. Taylor had a rough night covering Rhymes and I believe both of his TDs came against Taylor covering him. But I’m sure he will rebound. 

he's played well up to that point...still played well, but guys do get beat...and one was a fluke...9 times outta ten that catch doesnt get made

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

he's played well up to that point...still played well, but guys do get beat...and one was a fluke...9 times outta ten that catch doesnt get made

Absolutely he has. But Rhymes and Henry are a good test for him. I’m sure he will be fine but it’s a matchup I’ll be watching. 

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict
Repeat post

43 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

(insert segue) Anyone know where Anthony Coombs is?  He was with the RB's last year but I can't locate him on any teams roster this season.

FA - but yeah he's a bit of a ghost.  Only thing I've seen lately was a tweet from Recruit Ready, mentioning he was helping some of their young athletes.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

(insert segue) Anyone know where Anthony Coombs is?  He was with the RB's last year but I can't locate him on any teams roster this season.

Yeah his career never really took off and now he's a ghost. A good buddy of mine coaches Winnipeg high school football and has for a long time. He's played/coached against all the greats while in high school(Harris, Demski, Lysack, LaFrance, Coombs, etc). He's always said Coombs was the most dominant out of all of them. Just ridiculously good, unstoppable. A man amongst boys. Just never translated into pro. Not sure if he was really ever given the proper chance. He had some success early in Toronto but i remember reading somewhere that they just didnt know how/where to use him properly. Was he a running back or a receiver? If they would have used him the way we use Demski he may have been a star.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

The only matchup I might be worried about would be Henry vs Taylor. Taylor had a rough night covering Rhymes and I believe both of his TDs came against Taylor covering him. But I’m sure he will rebound. 

He was right there in the hip of the WRs but just the body positioning was off so he couldn't bat the ball away at all. Some film review on his 2 tds should help with cleaning it up.

2 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

He seemed to have trouble with the physicality of Rhymes not his speed. I feel like he might match up a bit better against Henry but it will still be a tall order.

Taylor won't have issues with any player in the league in regards to speed....dude is one of fastest db's in league if not fastest...Houston prob has him...so we have 2 of the faster ones....he has matchup issues due to height...but so do many DB's in the CFL

BC is a quick strike team. Fast skilled players. If you can't keep up to their pace they eat you alive. We kept to their pace and dramatically beat them in the physical part of the game.

Teams like Toronto and Calgary are much more physical where they can almost keep up to us in that category. That's why they're much harder to beat for us. That said, we're the champs and we've won almost every meaningful game in over a season. And we're at home. So I expect us to win. 

45 minutes ago, bearpants said:

interesting Coombs is only 29 years old and currently a free agent... I'm thinking he's either got some kind of injury or is done with football... I'd think if he wanted to play and was healthy, someone would've given him a shot this year.

I was playing against him in the local Rec league here this winter and I don’t think that man has an injury. He still moves like a gazelle. 

If he can stay healthy, he’d be a productive player to have with the right passport. He would be a good depth signing with the injury to Demski. 

28 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I was playing against him in the local Rec league here this winter and I don’t think that man has an injury. He still moves like a gazelle. 

If he can stay healthy, he’d be a productive player to have with the right passport. He would be a good depth signing with the injury to Demski. 

Pitfootball? We played against Demski's team in 2009 with him on the team. We beat them 60-6 but Demski was already a beast,these guys are real fast in person younger or older.

From Blue Bombers.com

Tue July 12 no practice 3-4 players available to media including Collaros and MOS. 
Wed July 13 closed practice 

Thu July 14 walkthrough No filming Collaros and MOs available in press box and players on field after walkthrough.

Fri July 15 game day 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

I am impressed that there are posters here that are good enough to play v Demski, coombs. even in a fun league. 

I know Booch played much higher than that. 

think I will limit myself  to likes, and weather stuff.

In fairness my buddy only played against Wes Lysack. He's coached against the others. Funny story. My buddy was a pretty good QB back in the day and extremely fast. But every time he played against Lysack the guy would intercept atleast one pass per game minimum. So one game he throws a sideline pass and ofcourse Lysack picks it off and my buddy soon realizes he's the last man back. The way he tells it is he had the angle on Lysack and planned to just push him out of bounds. So he starts running full speed and the angle is slowly disappearing(Lysack was wicked fast), its going, going, going, gone, so he lunges at Lysack only to get hurdled for a pick six TD. He's pretty sure he was on Lysack's highlight tape for college lol.

23 hours ago, Nolby said:

Pitfootball? We played against Demski's team in 2009 with him on the team. We beat them 60-6 but Demski was already a beast,these guys are real fast in person younger or older.

I got buddies who played against Blink back in the day. Said it was damn near impossible to tag him. QB would dump the ball off to him and was basically a guaranteed TD lol.

As for Coombs. All the potential in the world, but I don't think his body can handle the pros. He was hurt often if I remember correctly. Very Lumsden esc....absolutely talented enough for the league but the body just didn't want to do it.