Stumps at BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS early talk

Nolby

This thread is refreshing. No chat on disciplinary issues, only comments on being undefeated, annihilating the previous other undefeated team, great players winning awards from last game, b2b champs, possible sell out crowds, good times, first place. When the franchise is as great as this one, it’s easy to be thankful for the job our group has done, top to bottom. 

35 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

This thread is refreshing. No chat on disciplinary issues, only comments on being undefeated, annihilating the previous other undefeated team, great players winning awards from last game, b2b champs, possible sell out crowds, good times, first place. When the franchise is as great as this one, it’s easy to be thankful for the job our group has done, top to bottom. 

Good time to be alive and a Bomber fan! I keep telling my buddies that weve really gotta enjoy this run and soak it all in. We may never see something like this again in our lifetime!

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Good time to be alive and a Bomber fan! I keep telling my buddies that weve really gotta enjoy this run and soak it all in. We may never see something like this again in our lifetime!

Well...hopefully all involved have the want to continue on ...they are all young...and successful and have a real chance to go down in the CFL history books as something extremely special...truly can't see any of the trifecta moving on anytime soon...so the culture and breed of player and commitment to team and each other is gonna be here for a while

17 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I got buddies who played against Blink back in the day. Said it was damn near impossible to tag him. QB would dump the ball off to him and was basically a guaranteed TD lol.

As for Coombs. All the potential in the world, but I don't think his body can handle the pros. He was hurt often if I remember correctly. Very Lumsden esc....absolutely talented enough for the league but the body just didn't want to do it.

Ah yes, Lumsden with a shortened career highlighted with a few very good games against us. Just watched a highlight video of his,I forgot how big he was and the dude could fly. 6'2 225lbs and a 4.40...geez

Edited by Nolby

14 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I wasn’t alive for our Grey Cup in 1990, or for our dominance in the 80’s this is hands down the greatest era of Blue Bomber football in my life time and I’m loving every minute of it. 

23 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I wasn’t alive for our Grey Cup in 1990, or for our dominance in the 80’s this is hands down the greatest era of Blue Bomber football in my life time and I’m loving every minute of it. 

Yeah i was 12 in 1990 and was never really a Bomber fan during our mid-to-late 80's run of success. Its taken 30 years to get back to winning ways. Might take another 30 after this glorious run, who knows. Gotta soak it all in while its happening!

21 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Well you are a better man than me. I can't remember the angry (drunken) rants I had yesterday.

Too many of my rants began with, “you know what your problem is….” - True.

Edited by Rod Black

3 hours ago, Nolby said:

Ah yes, Lumsden with a shortened career highlighted with a few very good games against us. Just watched a highlight video of his,I forgot how big he was and the dude could fly. 6'2 225lbs and a 4.40...geez

Why he never got a real shot at being an every down back is beyond me. The guy was a terror at the second level. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Who's the next NI Rec up after BOO? Is that why they brought in the Rifle kid? Jesus Christ...never imagined we'd have to dig this deep to find someone.

Yeah ..that's a weak replacement...I'm sure there guys around some PR's that would gladly jumpto good ship Bombers...lucky tho that we can get by just having one national reciever as a starter and be fine

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah ..that's a weak replacement...I'm sure there guys around some PR's that would gladly jumpto good ship Bombers...lucky tho that we can get by just having one national reciever as a starter and be fine

We want Petey!! *clap clap clapclapclap*

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Who's the next NI Rec up after BOO? Is that why they brought in the Rifle kid? Jesus Christ...never imagined we'd have to dig this deep to find someone.

Maybe we can get back the legendary Rashaun Simonise from the Elks?

On second thought, I'll stick with the Rifles kid.

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

A quick look at various PR shows not much of note. Might have to make a deal.

I checked all the rosters and only found 3 candidates.  None seemed any better than the rifle kid, which is probably why we signed him.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

He did and he was and he got hurt over and over and over again.... 

I seem to recall that the knock on him was that he was an upright runner at speed and being a big boy, that made him really vulnerable.  A safety coming downhill at him had a lot to aim at.

Real sad to see -- he could have been an all-timer, up there with Cornish, Harris, and Kwong.

he did win some medals at bobsled world cups, so that's pretty cool.