Back 2 Back Losers at BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS GDT

Nolby

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

three games

one t.d. allowed.

I'll admit that I was a bit nervous about the defense after the first game but I shouldn't have doubted. They look great! Rutledge has been a fantastic find and I agree that Thompson seems to be improving every game. 

In general the way that the D gets stronger as the game goes and just wears the other team out is a thing of beauty. By the second half they become absolutely lights out.

Edited by Blue_Dragoon

And to think....we gonna get BA back....Rose back to 100 percent and Hansen in game shape in no time....and that Lawson stepped up...well actually got substantial reps and was very effective....I'm not concerned in the least....and gotta say...Wilson is prob the best sideline to sideline in the league...if he doesn't miss a game due to injury and plays at this level it will be a crime if he not an all-star...best in league by far and I'd say our best defender this year so far...dude can cover ground like a db...incredible closing instincs and speed and can lay the wood...and best part acts like a pro...does his job and gets ready for next play..no goofy after play antics ...and was impressed with O'Leary Orange too ...made his first catch ever...a clutch one at that and just placed ball down and acted like a pro and someone who has made a play before.... culture here is infectious and why we win when u play average games

Edited by Booch

Yeah that penalty was a joke....and Suitors validating it should get him hoof3d from the media wing of the HOF....2.jokes in one play...good god....maybe if Thomas was a circ de solai performer he could have contorted his body away from that QB

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

And to think....we gonna get BA back....Rose back to 100 percent and Hansen in game shape in no time....and that Lawson stepped up...well actually got substantial reps and was very effective....I'm not concerned in the least....and gotta say...Wilson is prob the best sideline to sideline in the league...if he doesn't miss a game due to injury and plays at this level it will be a crime if he not an all-star...best in league by far and I'd say our best defender this year so far...dude can cover ground like a db...incredible closing instincs and speed and can lay the wood...and best part acts like a pro...does his job and gets ready for next play..no goofy after play antics ...and was impressed with O'Leary Orange too ...made his first catch ever...a clutch one at that and just placed ball down and acted like a pro and someone who has made a play before.... culture here is infectious and why we win when u play average games

Hansen looks like he hasn’t missed a beat. He  Lawson and Mack had some really good rushes. I loved watching Mack jansen and jake tear up a 6 man front for Hamilton repeatedly. 

I love how kyrie and biggie complement each other. They can both to basically every thing and cover more ground than most Ss in this league. 

was happy to see orange finally get some passes. Looks good too. 

I wonder how many former bombers who chased dollars in free agency are now wishing they had chased another ring. 

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Attention now turns to Demski's injury, this O can't afford to lose anyone let alone him for considerable time

I don’t think it’ll be too serious. He was walking on it no boot or any thing. Worst case I would think a high ankle sprain that takes a couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah but none of our DBs are as good as Mike Jones!! Or so I've read

Mike Jones is a fantastic DB and I wish we had found a way to keep him. I loved the way he brought the hammer down on receivers catching the ball on short passes in front of him and he always seemed to be in position to contest the longer stuff.

45 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Just rewatching the game this morning and that flag for a leg whip on Fat Boi in the endzone was a joke, Okafor gets run over grabs on and Thomas tumbles over top on him. Ref looking for something that wasn't there.

Doug Brown was very critical of the call on the postgame.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Just rewatching the game this morning and that flag for a leg whip on Fat Boi in the endzone was a joke, Okafor gets run over grabs on and Thomas tumbles over top on him. Ref looking for something that wasn't there.

Most terrifying part of that call is that someone who has made it to be a CFL head ref can watch that play (it's his call all the way) and not call it holding on the offensive lineman.  It couldn't be more textbook OR blatant in the course of that play where if the rip down to the ground of Thomas by the OL saved the QB from pressure/being sacked IN THE ENDZONE.

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

I noticed TBurgess gave your post a frowny face.   

I don't see how anyone can disagree with your statement, it was a very fringe call and one that "could" of impacted the game.  

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...and not clicking yet....anyone who is complaining about that is cookoo

Average what...13 points against per game? That's crazy...

Yup, even Suitor sounded impressed ,stating " I wonder if the Bombers are ever going to give up more than 18 points per game ever again."

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

^^ Yeah, Doug Brown had some choice words for that call.

It was a Bovine Fecal Matter call....period.

32 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't see how anyone can disagree with your statement, it was a very fringe call and one that "could" of impacted the game.  

He sees thing a little different than most and that's okay all opinions  are valid to the person making them even if they are wrong

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Watch it again. It was a valid call that could have impacted the game. Even when I try not to get into arguments folks try to pull me into them.

42 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Personally think if you call the one on Jake you gotta call the one late in the game on the Dru Brown sneak. Whistle went and ticat threw brown to the ground. Consistency doesn't exist. It's not game to game either it's play to play 

I agree that should have been called too.

Rewatched game and not sure what the Neufeld hate was...and how people claim he seemed to be lost and out in in space doing nothing....in first half..around 10 min mark he was to seal the edge..and his guy got washed out past the tackle...so he did his job...no one was out there in the end but u can't block nobody...also around 530 mark he engaged and chipped Wynn but he spun off to inside so he looked like he was in space doing nothing....defensive guys make plays too ya know....a third quarter play his role was to do a trap block...Ticat vacated spot right at snap...so no one was there..still assignment sound...and later on his one possible play u could consider a whiff was on Laurent where he was supposed to seal edge...but Laurent jumped to the inside....again...defensive guys are trying to make plays too....Sack right before the Hamilton penalty on the chop block on Gray was an Oliveira misque not keeping his backside protection thru the play..started to but then left his protection to take an inside guy that was handled...and the play to open the 4th...oline had their assignments but Ticats brought 2 extra guys and if any was at fault was Ellingson in protection...but I don't expect him to negate 2 guys coming off edge...for most part line played well...the weak spot and not expected was Kola as he got beat a few times in the A gap but what do u expect in first start and against Laurent..Johnson and Wynn...even then he played quite well and will get better....for whatever reason to me the issue seems to be the RB's over thinking and trying to make each run a more than it needs to be..they need to take ball and hit it...right now they not

Edited by Booch

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Personally think if you call the one on Jake you gotta call the one late in the game on the Dru Brown sneak. Whistle went and ticat threw brown to the ground. Consistency doesn't exist. It's not game to game either it's play to play 

The dru brown hit should be called 100% of the time. Purely excessive. If they are consistent with the jake call then fine. Don’t love it but at least if they are consistent I get it. But when they aren’t consistent and make calls like that it’s just the worst thing in sports. 

8 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I'll admit that I was a bit nervous about the defense after the first game but I shouldn't have doubted. They look great! Rutledge has been a fantastic find and I agree that Thompson seems to be improving every game. 

In general the way that the D gets stronger as the game goes and just wears the other team out is a thing of beauty. By the second half they become absolutely lights out.

I was too but Masoli has always given us a tough time until we made him fold. Like it was mentioned; Rose can come back healthy,BA will be coming back and once this defense get fully aligned then we could be just as scary as last year,already looking damn good. Special teams are really coming around (Legs hopefully builds on last night), defense is humming and once the offense gets clicking then man.....watch the hell out.

Edited by Nolby

Bighill hitting Dunbar might be the third most injury inducing punishing hit in football. Mama don’t let your your babies grow up to be footballers. Two other awful incidents are the Thiessman broken leg and the terror watching Matt Henry’s leg being whipped around his own bloody neck. 

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Bighill hitting Dunbar might be the third most injury inducing punishing hit in football. Mama don’t let your your babies grow up to be footballers. Two other awful incidents are the Thiessman broken leg and the terror watching Matt Henry’s leg being whipped around his own bloody neck. 

Terry ray on Pat woodcock. Milt took a vicious hit over the middle that had him twitching on the field. Willis mcgahee in his last college game. Sean Taylor on the punter in the pro bowl. Robinson on Deshean Jackson. 

lots of hits in the top tier in my books. Biggies was amazing. Never seen a harder form tackle. 

the three scariest for me are theisman love lt and that reaction was sobering. Theisman such a good dude. Heart breaking. 

milt I don’t even remember who hit him. But man my heart was in my stomach. 

and mcgahee. 4th quarter last game kids about to be one of the first picks in the draft. Screen pass. Hit right away. He goes down and his leg is stuck. Knee bends the wrong way and he gets carted off. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Terry ray on Pat woodcock. Milt took a vicious hit over the middle that had him twitching on the field. Willis mcgahee in his last college game. Sean Taylor on the punter in the pro bowl. Robinson on Deshean Jackson. 

lots of hits in the top tier in my books. Biggies was amazing. Never seen a harder form tackle. 

the three scariest for me are theisman love lt and that reaction was sobering. Theisman such a good dude. Heart breaking. 

milt I don’t even remember who hit him. But man my heart was in my stomach. 

and mcgahee. 4th quarter last game kids about to be one of the first picks in the draft. Screen pass. Hit right away. He goes down and his leg is stuck. Knee bends the wrong way and he gets carted off. 

I’ll be looking those up! Have seen the Terry ray hit, it’s a dilly. Haven’t seen milt, mcgahee, Taylor or Jackson. Of course we can learn things on the web!