Back 2 Back Losers at BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS GDT

Nolby

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

milt I donโ€™t even remember who hit him. But man my heart was in my stomach

Rob Hitchcock.ย 

Milt was down, for about 3 or 4 minutes if I recall - jumped up causing the fans in Hamilton to boo, then scored a TD on the same drive after returning from sitting out the customary 3 plays for injury. Vintage Milt!๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

10 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Iโ€™ll be looking those up! Have seen the Terry ray hit, itโ€™s a dilly. Havenโ€™t seen milt, mcgahee, Taylor or Jackson. Of course we can learn things on the web!ย 

Dunta on desean.ย 

ย 

Punters and pro bowlsย 

ย 

Mcgahee

ย 

Lt

ย 

On 2022-06-25 at 7:56 AM, Booch said:

Yeah...and not clicking yet....anyone who is complaining about that is cookoo

Average what...13 points against per game? That's crazy...

This place is going to be ridiculous when we lose a game or two (which is going to happen in an 18 game season). I guess its a good sign though of how far we've come in the last 5 years when fans are complaining that our wins weren't quite dominant enough for them to be satisfied.

55 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

This place is going to be ridiculous when we lose a game or two (which is going to happen in an 18 game season). I guess its a good sign though of how far we've come in the last 5 years when fans are complaining that our wins weren't quite dominant enough for them to be satisfied.

Yup but that is what a championship team is,the bar gets raised byย  opponents and the fan's. MOS wouldn't want it any other way.๐Ÿ˜Š

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We've been spoiled the past few years. Heck since that 1-4 start in 2016, we're something like 57-27 with 2 cups wins and three western finals. Given how brutal 2012-2015was, its remarkable.ย 

It took a team meeting/camping trip at Bird's Hill Park, and then **** got real.... I will never forget that.ย 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

We've been spoiled the past few years. Heck since that 1-4 start in 2016, we're something like 57-27 with 2 cups wins and three western finals. Given how brutal 2012-2015was, its remarkable.ย 

Yup, I was thinking about how IG Field used to be our own Factory of Sadness. Those teams rarely moved the ball and getting 30 points in a game was almost unheard of.

5 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yup, I was thinking about how IG Field used to be our own Factory of Sadness. Those teams rarely moved the ball and getting 30 points in a game was almost unheard of.

If I recall correctly, at one point Hamilton had more wins at IGF than the Bombers did (please jump in if you know the correct stat / opposing team).

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have never been able to bring myself to watch this. I saw the injury in real time on tv but just turned away whn they replayed it. I just remember Lawrence Taylor freaking out on the field.

Itโ€™s really horrific. Even just lts response is crushing. The empathy and desperation screaming through one of the meanest toughest athletes ever is soo intense.ย 

10 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yeah, when it opened in 2013 - Hamilton had 2 wins and the Bombers had 1.

Remember when mos had a well below .500 record as a hc? Or when we were a good regular season team that couldnโ€™t get traction in the play offs? In the last decade and 5 ish years this franchise has turned 180 and sustained a level of greatness that is seldom seen.ย 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Remember when mos had a well below .500 record as a hc?

And all the usual suspects were convinced he needed to be fired because his emphasis on character was a detriment to roster building and he wasn't the guy to take this team to the next level?ย 

Man people are impatient.ย 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And all the usual suspects were convinced he needed to be fired because his emphasis on character was a detriment to roster building and he wasn't the guy to take this team to the next level?ย 

Yep i was one of those, was not sure if he could make the jump to HC and he had to change the culture of losing. Thankfully he proved me wrong. The whole organization had the patience to turn it around.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š Getting Collaros was the key,who would of thought that at the time?๐Ÿ˜Š

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Itโ€™s really horrific. Even just lts response is crushing. The empathy and desperation screaming through one of the meanest toughest athletes ever is soo intense.ย 

Watching Taylor's reaction is chilling... he knows he's just ruined someone's career, or worse... and you can tell he feels terrible about it.

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You know where this has really proven its worth? Assembling an all-star roster "on the cheap" year after year. You get high character guys who want to be around other high character guys, and they'll play here for less than their perceived value.ย 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

He was on the hot seat for sure. Walters and wade showed great poise to stick with him. Khari isnโ€™t getting a fraction of the lee way that mos did.ย 
ย I had my doubts for sure. I thought the COs should go before him but his love for fringe marginal players had he worried. He still has that and it drives me crazy at times. But he gets the most out of his guys and is a great leader. Iโ€™d say the best leader in the league in any role.ย 

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Donโ€™t rent the movie โ€œThe Blind Sideโ€ then.ย 

Skip the movie entirely and read the book. Fantastic piece by Michael Lewis.ย 

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just can't watch injuries.

....you and me both....I've witnessed a lot in my time and watching a guys leg bent in the opposite way it should go and a 300 pounder landing on it gives me the willies...I've broken a leg....broken a knee cap AND busted my forearm and they all hurt like hell when they happened....I can sort of imagine what Joe Theismann felt when the career ending disaster happened ...Bloody brutal

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

....you and me both....I've witnessed a lot in my time and watching a guys leg bent in the opposite way it should go and a 300 pounder landing on it gives me the willies...I've broken a leg....broken a knee cap AND busted my forearm and they all hurt like hell when they happened....I can sort of imagine what Joe Theismann felt when the career ending disaster happened ...Bloody brutal

I bet you LT wakes up in a cold sweet every soo often from that hit. I put a guy to the turf in school once head first. The thought of the noise would almost make me hurl for years.ย