Back 2 Back Losers at BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS GDT

Nolby

Evans was right back into his pouty self midway through the game...we are so much in his head now he will never beat us

The defence is hitting stride...and getting Hansen back in game form and in rotation is gonna really ratchet it up

Oh to pray now for a Kongbo release and return ...mix in a BA return and healthy Rose...we in business

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

We winning while short handed....Rose will be back to his self soon...BA will be back....and we can rotate or flip Houston and Glass if need be ..but in my opinion Glass hasnt been that bad...

My only concern is offensive play calling...mainly in regard to the run game....tho people need to realize Ham dline with Laurent .Johnson..Wynn..and Howser is no joke...but we definitely need a back to step up...that or maybe flip the position

I've seen Bomber backs in the past more effective than the backs we have now gain positive yards playing with inferior offensive lines. Dave Raimey gained over a thousand yards playing on 4-12 teams in the late 60's with vitrually no blocking for him. As Booch says, the backs have to step it up. They have to run hard as soon as they get the ball even if blocking isn't what it should be. They can't wait for the blocking to set things up. When Oliveira ran hard in the second half he gained yards. Something he didn't do in the 1st half.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The big busts are all on Taylor-Glass side of the field.  Seems like they are way out of sync.

2nd half there was so much pressure and Evans basically just quit so DB's didn't have to do much.

Nicholls is among the best at his position, Alexander should be when recovered.  The rest are looking pretty marginal.  Houston was solid tonight but was beat pretty bad 1-on-1 by Dunbar where Evans missed the throws twice.  Both would have been TD's..

Taylor got after glass twice after completions to their side.  Rutledge isn’t marginal.  

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

We winning while short handed....Rose will be back to his self soon...BA will be back....and we can rotate or flip Houston and Glass if need be ..but in my opinion Glass hasnt been that bad...

My only concern is offensive play calling...mainly in regard to the run game....tho people need to realize Ham dline with Laurent .Johnson..Wynn..and Howser is no joke...but we definitely need a back to step up...that or maybe flip the position

we need a whole lot of some thing in the running game. The blocking was bad the play really struggled in the first half and we just don’t produce. 
 I’d be really interested in seeing the position flipped but I don’t think it’ll happen.  I’d also like to see much more diversity in our run game play call.  

Bombers did a great job of controlling the ball. Time of possession is an incredible 36 minutes to 23. That’s roughly 60% over slightly less than 40%. Offence did their job by keeping the ball, yet would have liked to see more td’s by the O. D was fresh and boy did it show in the 4th. Bighill broke that guys back.  

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've seen Bomber backs in the past more effective than the backs we have now gain positive yards paying with inferior offensive lines. As Booch says, the backs have to step it up. They have to run hard as soon as they get the ball even if blocking isn't what it should be. they can't wait for the blocking to set things up. When Oliveira ran hard in the second half he gained yards. Something he didn't do in the 1st half.

Our run scheme requires backs to wait aim properly and follow blocks.  We don’t run old man blocking schemes.  And you aren’t going to beat tacklers one on one in the back field consistently. Defenders are way too good these days. 

I had very few gripes with our play tonight,  the 2nd half it seemed like we turned up the intensity in which we didn't see against Ottawa and in the first half.    At half time I was thinking at just how few sacks we've had and how we hadn't generated any turnovers at all.   I'm glad that the 2nd half showed that we still have it.  

The running game I am a bit concerned with Brady not being able to gain yards after the initial hit... he's still a question mark IMO.   It's not all on him though... our o-line isn't pushing guys forward like they did for the last several seasons.    

The passing game,  I want to see them keep pushing the ball mid  - deep down the middle... it was gold all night long.  I only groaned late in the 4th quarter before the 2nd INT when they called the screen pass... I can't stand that play it seems to work once every ten times.  

On defense if they can play with the intensity of how they did in the 2nd half then good thing will come.  That 2nd half defense was exactly like the defense from the last 2 seasons in which we just beat the crap out of the opposition and by the end of the game they are worn out and we really start taking over. 

The best part so far of this weekend is going to be seeing Saskatchewan drop in the power rankings and Winnipeg regaining the #1 spot on all lists! 

Evans looked bad tonight. But, we've seen that look before. His throws were erratic. He threw out of bounds many times when he was aiming for a reciever. He's just lucky he get the ball out really quick or thJeff-Ends would have destroyed him. 

5 years ago we were a first half team, unable to win when it mattered. 

Now, we're a second half team, able to win it when we want. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

The best part so far of this weekend is going to be seeing Saskatchewan drop in the power rankings and Winnipeg regaining the #1 spot on all lists! 

We were already first again after last week. But, point made! 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Our run scheme requires backs to wait aim properly and follow blocks.  We don’t run old man blocking schemes.  And you aren’t going to beat tacklers one on one in the back field consistently. Defenders are way too good these days. 

Well, all well & good we don't run old man run schemes but if things continue zone runs won't work either. We don't have the time to do it effectively. Waiting for blocking to develop when it isn't there makes no sense either.

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Maybe they trade for vaj? 

He's worse. I don't know how much prep work VA puts in every week.

We need a 215 lb power back with speed and hits holes hard...no ***** footing around and they a dime a dozen in the U.S... we havnt scouted...or had the need to the past 4.. 5 yrs so had none here...might be time now to bring one in..the line woukd feed off that too just like it did with Harris...

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

We need a 215 lb power back with speed and hits holes hard...no ***** footing around and they a dime a dozen in the U.S... we havnt scouted...or had the need to the past 4.. 5 yrs so had none here...might be time now to bring one in..the line woukd feed off that too just like it did with Harris...

That is exactly my point. A damned back that is the hammer & not the nail.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Man we are not doing damage returning missed fgs.  I like grant but maybe we should have some one else return those.  

Brady with a great decision seeing the more dangerous rusher and picking him up. 

I'm not disappointed getting 20.yards on a missed field goal

25 minutes ago, do or die said:

Bombers simply wore down the Cats in a grinding affair.   Pass rush in 3rd-4th quarter really got on Evans nerves....

Those passes to Dunbar were really off the mark and that was when he had time in the pocket with nobody on him.   Evans definitely didn't like the heat. 

Watched on TV tonight because of my work schedule and here’s what I would say:

Thompson looks like he’s settling in at safety, starting to read the plays as they develop a little better and getting his confidence up

Houston looked better than Rose and made a big play to set up that Willie TD. Then again he was also fortunate to see a couple drops from Dunbar. Then again (again) they threw Dunbar the ball roughly 37 times so I can understand one or two lost battles

Rutledge is one of our best players on D, even as a veteran of three entire games

Mack is going to get vilified for a few penalties but that call against him was borderline and he’s quickly becoming a solid member of our DL rotation

Gray looked much better today, Dobson looked pretty rough in a few spots too. Kolankowski solid, I thought

Good to see Bailey and Demski get involved - Bailey such a leader out there, happy to see him get his touches as well. Very well rounded group of receivers

Liegghio confidence meter: 73% (up from 61%)

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Watched on TV tonight because of my work schedule and here’s what I would say:

Thompson looks like he’s settling in at safety, starting to read the plays as they develop a little better and getting his confidence up

Houston looked better than Rose and made a big play to set up that Willie TD. Then again he was also fortunate to see a couple drops from Dunbar. Then again (again) they threw Dunbar the ball roughly 37 times so I can understand one or two lost battles

Rutledge is one of our best players on D, even as a veteran of three entire games

Mack is going to get vilified for a few penalties but that call against him was borderline and he’s quickly becoming a solid member of our DL rotation

Gray looked much better today, Dobson looked pretty rough in a few spots too. Kolankowski solid, I thought

Good to see Bailey and Demski get involved - Bailey such a leader out there, happy to see him get his touches as well. Very well rounded group of receivers

Liegghio confidence meter: 73% (up from 61%)

Agree with most of this... Legs confidence is about 90% and hasn't changed this season. If we're patient with him, we'll be rewarded. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, all well & good we don't run old man run schemes but if things continue zone runs won't work either. We don't have the time to do it effectively. Waiting for blocking to develop when it isn't there makes no sense either.

He's worse. I don't know how much prep work VA puts in every week.

The single inside zone scheme is say has failed. It was propped up by a great back and a great ol. I think we need to diversify to remain a high volume run team now. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

The lack of good young rb recruiting into the cfl in the last couple of years has seemed lazy. I feel like a plethora of guys could be had down south right now capable of dominating. 

Starting 8 nis right now doesn’t make sense. Soo many places we could stab in an imp and improve. 

Yeah I was hard on Thompson but he is settling in their nicely....isn't getting caught sucked in like before and actually was there in support...plus receivers alredy have head on swivel looking out for him

Rutz is a beast...he just flat out is getting this Canadian game...has bought in to what we doing here and has some serious skills.....Dobson needs work....and the oline is coming along...have to understand the cats got some serious fire power in the interior dline...I expected worse with a first time starter at center

I also actually think our linebacking corp gonna be better than last yr...especially when u factor in Clements....

Edited by Booch