2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

True...but they also have a contract for 90 mins pregame to exclusive parking lot rights...so there is that...and that was well known...technically they dont have to do anything outside the norm...and not be vilified for it

The event ends more than 90 minutes before pregame.

Again, All they really had to do is assure the event leaders that very early Bomber fans would be temporarily diverted from one area (wherever their event parking was). 

I don't know what else could even be needed.

But honestly, who knows what was said between the two sides. 

14 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Agreed. Still think that The club will do what they can (if anything) to accommodate. 

It’s all about the optics, and Wade is well aware.  

What opticss? Some bumpkin booked the group at a date & time they shouldn't have. You going to tell 33.000 they can't use the facility on Game Day? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2022-11-05 at 4:57 PM, Jesse said:

There is obviously an exit out of the stadium. And, again, the event ends before the Bomber game starts.

I think all you really had to do was prioritize the parking away from one area for any super early arrivals who plan to tailgate. 

They decided to hold an event on what would be the most important day for footbal at the stadium this year? All they really needed to do was realize that this was a really bad day/place to book that event and either change the date or alternately, find a different venue.  "Only day that worked" out of an entire year?  As the old saying goes, "Your inability to plan does not constitue an emergency on my account."

15 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

They decided to hold an event on what would be the most important day for footbal at the stadium this year? All they really needed to do was realize that this was a really bad day/place to book that event and either change the date or alternately, find a different venue.  "Only day that worked" out of an entire year?  As the old saying goes, "Your inability to plan does not constitue an emergency on my account."

yup....exactly....and realy how many people will be there for that any way?...couple hundred max?

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The constant feed of stuff like this is why I believe this team will over achieve even the sum of their pieces until the wheels fall off. 

thing is....if the leadership group is maintained, and the continual retention of core players, and new blood that fits the narrative, then the wheels shouldnt fall off....but this is pro sports, and it eventually becomes cyclical...but some times takes a loooong time

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

thing is....if the leadership group is maintained, and the continual retention of core players, and new blood that fits the narrative, then the wheels shouldnt fall off....but this is pro sports, and it eventually becomes cyclical...but some times takes a loooong time

Yeah if they keep the core of Walter and mos in tact the wheels could stay on the bus for 20 years. This golden age of the bombers could last longer than the riders longest grey cup drought lol. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah if they keep the core of Walter and mos in tact the wheels could stay on the bus for 20 years. This golden age of the bombers could last longer than the riders longest grey cup drought lol. 

yup...agreed....I also truly see no want or reason for either to leave....cause really why would they....sometimes legacy and perpetual success and accolades goes a long way...and if it came to money...I'm sure the Club will make it work....especially now with the cap...only so much u can give without raping your staff and not having quality across the board

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

I have no doubts walters will keep the NI depth strong, but in the cfl the other big thing is qb. You have one you are golden and you don't have one you're in trouble. Long as this team keeps having solid qbing they will be fine. All things come to an end though. Eventually we will lose games again.

YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS!! 

I have no doubts walters will keep the NI depth strong, but in the cfl the other big thing is qb. You have one you are golden and you don't have one you're in trouble. Long as this team keeps having solid qbing they will be fine. All things come to an end though. Eventually we will lose games again.

QB and your ability to protect them

Three more years! Three more years!

40 minutes ago, BBlink said:

QB and your ability to protect them

Which is 3/5th a Canadian thing. But ya, though I don’t worry about our ability to find ol either. If only Richmond could get healthy. 

as for qb similarly I think we find guys well. Streveler mbt might be the best qb in the east right now, brown and even our creative package with prukop. What we flashed in one drive with him would run an offense better than most teams in this league. Really Masoli and rourke are probably the only Guys right now who could run a more effective offense then what we saw. 

Just now, Tracker said:

May be an image of 1 person, beard and text that says 'Reginais kinda scary. Every time go there it feels like I'm m on pills and needles. Ricky Book of Rickyisms @justbinsdisposal'

Do they actually have a book of Rickyisms? I need one. 

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Which is 3/5th a Canadian thing. But ya, though I don’t worry about our ability to find ol either. If only Richmond could get healthy. 

as for qb similarly I think we find guys well. Streveler mbt might be the best qb in the east right now, brown and even our creative package with prukop. What we flashed in one drive with him would run an offense better than most teams in this league. Really Masoli and rourke are probably the only Guys right now who could run a more effective offense then what we saw. 

Do they actually have a book of Rickyisms? I need one. 

https://trailerpark.fandom.com/wiki/Rickyisms

11 minutes ago, CodyT said:

All of these threads look exactly the same and I can't tell which ones I've gone through and which ones I haven't

Does this not drive anyone else nuts?

Nope. But when in doubt, the ones I started are the "correct" ones..... :)