2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

16 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

😂 great argument  - he had 26 fewer yards playing 5 games less. 

You can say “why him?”  - but he was the best RB in the division when he was healthy. 

Harris had 4.3 yards per carry , 0 TD's and 4 fumbles with 19 yards being his longest carry.        Absolute joke that Harris was voted in when Oullette , Antwi, Fletcher all had far better numbers. 

This all-star list is embarrassing for the CFL, honestly. 

Bighill, Rutledge and Rose aren’t all stars. Not this year. 

15 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

You can say “why him?”  - but he was the best RB in the division when he was healthy. 

We’ve spent the last month talking about how stupid it is that there are people who want Rourke to be MOP. This is no different.

23 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What argument am I making? I simply pointed out that he wasn’t even the leading rusher on his own team and made it as a CFL all star, his counter part Quellete also had a full yard per carry higher then Harris and two more touchdowns. It was a bad choice. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

8 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

For those complaining, the voting for all stars was partially generated by fans. Which would explain why some players made the list likely by virtue of star power / name recognition

I see no mention of fan votes.

The Division All-Stars were selected by the local voting members of the Football Reporters of Canada (FRC) in their respective division’s markets and the National Chapter, as well as their respective division’s head coaches.

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

At first glance I didn’t notice any Riders on the list but I saw KSB ended up making it. It’s funny to see the posters on the rider board thinking there’s a league wide conspiracy against the Riders. The hard truth is bad teams rarely get a lot of representation. 

Truthfully, surprised KSB made it, but good for him.

some questionable ones...but then again....voted on by people in media...so somewhat in the know from what they told/hear from coaching staffs...also who have a vote

Some guys (sankey/dean) got sexy stats....but also thats at times not a good thing, and also thinking goes into things as a sum of the parts....Biggie for example was part of the best defense in terms of points against, amoung other things....he also did a lot more than Sankey...whoever played most games in Edm...B.C's guy...

High tackle numbers a lot of times means you cant get off the field...same with oline picks...sum of the parts...low sack totals...as well as high dont reflect the oline guys (tho in Sask its the exception and not the norm....was all around garbage)

Is Rose an all-star....basically....this yr tho....questionable...but also he took a lot of abuse as a result of a revolving door around him...and 3 rookies at times...so not expected he may have been trying to watch too many things at once to aid elsewhere, and it caused him a few times to get caught...and also his start to season ws not healthy...but he played through

Since tho Parker has progressed, and then games with Darby and also Lawrence for that one game..u cant help but notice that he isn't..well  noticed much now...and when he is it's for breaking up a play...good coverage and quick tackles....theres a reason for that