2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

No one will admit it, but football fans miss the Patriots being dominant. It’s fun to have a big bad bully that everyone wants to beat.

These Bombers will be admired by all one day.

They are...people just dont want to admit it until we knocked off...anyone who says not impressed with what we have done in this era of  yr contracts..sms..coaching cap and all the new leagues around is full of crap

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

They are...people just dont want to admit it until we knocked off...anyone who says not impressed with what we have done in this era of  yr contracts..sms..coaching cap and all the new leagues around is full of crap

And people need to stop saying from 2019 - present day. No one has won more than the Bombers since 2016. We're in year 6 of winning far more than losing. This isn't a flash in the pan. This isn't a fluke. This is who they are and who they have been for more than half a decade!

19 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

No one will admit it, but football fans miss the Patriots being dominant. It’s fun to have a big bad bully that everyone wants to beat.

I won't admit it because I hated the Patriots winning even once.

I will agree that it takes time for dynasties to be appreciated.  In the short term, it's not necessarily a great thing for a league.

25 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

And people need to stop saying from 2019 - present day. No one has won more than the Bombers since 2016. We're in year 6 of winning far more than losing. This isn't a flash in the pan. This isn't a fluke. This is who they are and who they have been for more than half a decade!

I’ve been pointing this out for while- this is our 4th West Final and 3rd straight Grey Cup.

If Harris gets that catch in the 2018 WF we would probably have got to that GC too

4 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I hated, I mrean HATED the Eskimos from 78-82 when they won 5 Grey Cups in a row. They started with Tom Wilkinson & then Warren Moon replaced him as Capatain of the ship. The Esks dominated regular seasons during that time. No matter what the Bombers did or how well they played in the Western Final we just couldn't beat them. I almost destroyed my parents TV set one year in anger after a frustrating loss when I had a complete meltdown after we lost the 82 Western Final. It's hard to believe but now I look back 40 years later & admire that team for having such a dynasty that lasted so long. They were a great team. i still think the Bombers were as good as Edmonton was & we'd have won Grey Cups had we been able to beat them in the WDF but we never did so they got all the credit. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Bombers ended their run - started their own 

I was at that game & just revelled in it. Knowing those guys wouldn't win a 6th consecutive championship felt great leaving the stadium. You could see the Bombers were building something great under GM paul Robson & HC Cal Murphy. 

ICYMI:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/11/16/long-read-who-is-zach-collaros/

Solid read. My fav take away, ZC- FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

"Stanley Bryant: I was waiting to see what he had to offer when he first came to us. He had dealt with a couple of concussions in Sask and in Hamilton had some injuries, too. I saw him in the ’14 Grey Cup and he had a spark then and almost beat us when I was with Calgary.

Then after what I saw on that one play, when he spun around and then threw it to Darvin and I knew that’s the guy we needed to win a Grey Cup. That play… it was something we had been missing. Matt Nichols did a great job for us – great job – but Zach had that spark. And he had this grit and toughness like an O-lineman."

I remember this play he's talking about and thinking... we are winning the cup this year...

9 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

ICYMI:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/11/16/long-read-who-is-zach-collaros/

Solid read. My fav take away, ZC- FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

"Stanley Bryant: I was waiting to see what he had to offer when he first came to us. He had dealt with a couple of concussions in Sask and in Hamilton had some injuries, too. I saw him in the ’14 Grey Cup and he had a spark then and almost beat us when I was with Calgary.

Then after what I saw on that one play, when he spun around and then threw it to Darvin and I knew that’s the guy we needed to win a Grey Cup. That play… it was something we had been missing. Matt Nichols did a great job for us – great job – but Zach had that spark. And he had this grit and toughness like an O-lineman."

I remember this play he's talking about and thinking... we are winning the cup this year...

This might be the Bombers play of the decade.

3 hours ago, CodyT said:

This might be the Bombers play of the decade.

Its the bombers play of my life time for me. We've had lots of great ones, but that was a total franchise changer. 

I wasn't a fan of getting collaros when I first heard about it. His interviews in regina at the start of that year, and the injuries, Man I thought he was done. Like, done done. 

When the play happened I was west side, upper deck mid field ish with my then gf now wife. She became a fan the previous year and really took to the blue fast. When the play happened a bunch of people around me started high fiving each other and us, and the person sitting behind me (all total strangers to me.) gave me a huge hug from behind. I was in shock. My brain just starting to comprehend that we may have just completed the puzzle after soo long. We had the incredible defense that had battled injuries and changes. The whole offense, wrs, harris the OL. Now we had the dynamic td out of nothing QB. 

Khari and glenn did great things here. Each of them had great careers. Both of them brought us to grey cups as the best team in the league, both mop caliber performances. Out side of that year glenn never felt like the best qb in the league and kharis flame burned soo bright but for such a short time. Both times we had that spark at qb the rest just didn't line up. In that moment it felt like every thing clicked and at just the right time. I thought the 19 bombers team was only under dogs due to injuries and excessive adversity. But that adversity forged the team we have now. Every phase played like they had to carry the team to a win single handedly. And going into the 19 play offs we suddenly had a defense and 99% of an offense ready and capable of carrying the team, and a QB who could carry us. Plus, a back up qb who in 10 ish snaps a game could completely change the complexion of the game. 

As a franchise and dynasty, that was our tom brady moment.