2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

If ig field was called IG dome it would be sold-out already 

He wasn't this year. Missed a few games. I think it's good he holds himself to a higher Standard 

I'd still take him over Dennis...Hardrick been solid for last 3..4 yrs...and shows no sign of slowing down...Dennis was good this yr..an anomaly since his real good yr what..4..5 yrs ago? Since he been average at best..and a bit of a tool to boot

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'd imagine ppl are waiting to find out who we play. 

Not everything is Ambrosies fault but It's interesting that MY opinion can set you off like that. Very snowflake like attitude from a dude my dad's age. Just saying. Thought snowflakes were more born after 2000 not before 

What you said... not you as a person... but your statement... was exceedingly dumb. That players don't care about all star nominations. Really??? Most, if not all players have it written in their contracts as a bonus if they're selected an all star. It is exceedingly important to them. So, basically because of incompetence all the way down from the top, the CFL gave & then taketh away those all star $$$ bonuses from the players named. Plus the embarassment of being named an all star & then having that taken away from them. As in, "He's not good enough so these are the real all stars". If you're too blind to see just how BADLY this league is being run right now since the pandemic under a man like Ambrosie who blatantly lies about just about everything as easily as blowing his nose then your total blindness is on you.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-blue-bombers-accessible-sport-expo-1.6641618

Not a good look, but to be honest who's the idiot that double-booked the university on the day of the West Final?

Oh, that sucks. I wish they could have tried to do more for them. Separate parking passes, etc. Looks like they'll be on their way out when most fans start coming in - probably could have figured something out. 

13 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Hey @Noeller are u going to start a new week of thread? The Bombers were back at practice today and released an injury report.

wasn't much to report today and likely not for the weekend either. I'll give the Semi's their time, and then come Monday, we'll fire 'er up! LFG! 

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-blue-bombers-accessible-sport-expo-1.6641618

Not a good look, but to be honest who's the idiot that double-booked the university on the day of the West Final?

These people are the idiots. They booked an event they knew might conflict with the game and are now upset the game is actually happening.  Not much the Bombers can do, it's a league thing.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

These people are the idiots. They booked an event they knew might conflict with the game and are now upset the game is actually happening.  Not much the Bombers can do, it's a league thing.

It was the only available date. There are some mitigating measures that could have been taken.

On the other side - these are the kinds of conflicts that were going to occur when building on a university campus. The Bombers don't own/control the university and could have been better partners in this situation, imo.

Like it said in the article, everyone supports diversity/inclusion until it inconveniences them - then it's fend for yourself. 

23 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It was the only available date. There are some mitigating measures that could have been taken.

On the other side - these are the kinds of conflicts that were going to occur when building on a university campus. The Bombers don't own/control the university and could have been better partners in this situation, imo.

Like it said in the article, everyone supports diversity/inclusion until it inconveniences them - then it's fend for yourself. 

I'd replace the word everyone with the word some, then I'd agree with this keen insight.

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's unquestionable that he's an all-star..... he's the best RT in the league. He'd be our MO OL nom every year if not for Stan The Boy Bryant.....

The CFL should also have an award for the best locker-room guy voted only by the players and coaching staff.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

It doesn't say it was the only available date, it says it was the only date that worked. That can mean a whole host of different things. 

I don't see how the Bombers can be better partners... the game is scheduled by the league to fit with what the national broadcast partner wants.... 

These people should have considered that there was a pretty solid chance that the 2x defending champions, who had in august only lost the one game,  if they had lost at all, might be hosting the western final. 

This whole story reeks of a ploy to bring attention to their event under the guise of a woe is me sob story.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Its just a bad situation, but what're the Bombers/CFL supposed to do? The game has been scheduled for months now, the Bombers have legal right to the parking lot 90 mins before kickoff, per the agreement. Changing kickoff time is silly, if anything I'd be blaming the U of M adminstration. For them here it's a win win... They get $ from both events, and none of the bad public press, despite them being the only ones able to really do anything about the situation. As nothing more than the next tenant to use the lot, what should the Bombers be doing that they're not?

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

What could go wrong with an outdoor event for disabled people scheduled for mid Nov. in Wpg., sound like pain and suffering will be intensified.

"I can't feel my fingers!"

"You don't have any fingers."

I don’t think anyone expected them to move the game, but making sure a lot was open - instructing the parking officials that another event was ending and there needed to be an available exit.

The event is ending before the game - they likely didn’t need to do much, just offer assurances that there would be unobstructed exits.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I don’t think anyone expected them to move the game, but making sure a lot was open - instructing the parking officials that another event was ending and there needed to be an available exit.

The event is ending before the game - they likely didn’t need to do much, just offer assurances that there would be unobstructed exits.

There is already limited ways in and out of stadium.   How can you guarantee unobstructed exits when you are expecting a sellout.  

Edit:  I’ll also add the Bombers have hired consultants in the past to optimize the flows in and out.   You can just change a small area without affecting the rest.  

2 hours ago, Rich said:

There is already limited ways in and out of stadium.   How can you guarantee unobstructed exits when you are expecting a sellout.  

Edit:  I’ll also add the Bombers have hired consultants in the past to optimize the flows in and out.   You can just change a small area without affecting the rest.  

There is obviously an exit out of the stadium. And, again, the event ends before the Bomber game starts.

I think all you really had to do was prioritize the parking away from one area for any super early arrivals who plan to tailgate. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

There is obviously an exit out of the stadium. And, again, the event ends before the Bomber game starts.

I think all you really had to do was prioritize the parking away from one area for any super early arrivals who plan to tailgate. 

People park in assigned lots and tailgate in those.   You can't really just have them all in one lot.

11 hours ago, Jesse said:

There are other facilities, there are other weekends.  Planning an event like this in August when the Bombers were firmly in first place and extremely likely to host a playoff game on this date was a major screwup by whoever made that decision.  Completely foreseeable problem the organizer caused themselves.

15 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Not a good look look??? Thirty three thousand people will be showing up. Should there be a massive traffic jam around the stadium., instead? Now, it'll be the big, bad, uncaring Blue Bombers bullying people with disabilities. This event should never have been booked. that day. Everyone knew after Labour Day the team would finish first. This group just can't expect to be automatically accomodated. Sometimes the only solution is the harshest one. They have to leave. 

Yeah...gotta agree...poor choice of date and location...the West final...or chance of it being here was known way back in the spring...so essentially buyer beware for that organization choosing that particular day...there is a multitude of other places they could have held this

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...gotta agree...poor choice of date and location...the West final...or chance of it being here was known way back in the spring...so essentially buyer beware for that organization choosing that particular day...there is a multitude of other places they could have held this

Agreed. Still think that The club will do what they can (if anything) to accommodate. 

It’s all about the optics, and Wade is well aware.  

31 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Agreed. Still think that The club will do what they can (if anything) to accommodate. 

It’s all about the optics, and Wade is well aware.  

Sure, but tbh the hands of the Bombers are kind of tied. Awful situation, but not really anything the club could have done differently about it.