2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

I mean, you can say that you liked the Collaros pass to Adams and that it's your favourite and it changed the trajectory of the team. Yada yada..... But the best pure football play you may ever see is that interception to end last year's game. I mean, the insanity of Rose catching and then passing that tipped ball with his "wrong" (non dominant) hand, to Kyrie Wilson, who knew enough to fall down and end it.... You'll never see a better football play. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I mean, you can say that you liked the Collaros pass to Adams and that it's your favourite and it changed the trajectory of the team. Yada yada..... But the best pure football play you may ever see is that interception to end last year's game. I mean, the insanity of Rose catching and then passing that tipped ball with his "wrong" (non dominant) hand, to Kyrie Wilson, who knew enough to fall down and end it.... You'll never see a better football play. 

I just remember saying what just happened there while my arms involuntarily did there thing to express joy.

59 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Luck wasn’t a factor in collaros play though. Best football play might be jeffcoat being held by one arm strip sacking evans with the other. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'll literally never forget this play as it actually caused me to have my first ever surgery....well worth it!

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He jumped up and torn his meniscus 

I could sugar coat the story but this is literally the story lol

A side question. Heard Naylor say Ottawa will be contacting Pierce for permission for an interview to possibly be the next coach. Say we do lose Buck,who do we look at for the next OC? Do t really want Lapo back and it feels anyone would be a down grade from Buck.

Edited by Nolby

4 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I could sugar coat the story but this is literally the story lol

A side question. Heard Naylor say Ottawa will be contacting Pierce for permission for an interview to possibly be the next coach. Say we do lose Buck,who do we look at for the next OC? Do t really want Lapo back and it feels anyone would be a down grade from Buck.

Buck is a lapo disciple, given how much of a failure lapo was better just stay away there Ottawa....

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Buck is a lapo disciple, given how much of a failure lapo was better just stay away there Ottawa....

Buck this year alone has grown the offense and playbook soo much more than plop has in his entire career. Plop would’ve never survived with our early season run and mid season ol struggles. Buck showed more ability to use a running qb plop could muster the entire time streveler was here. 

no doubt as an offensive coach buck has surpassed plop by a lot. Plop though is an excellent player coach. I don’t think buck is close to ready to be a hc. 

ott should look hard at khari. I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered Chris jones money to hank though. 

Never mind the Winnipeg end of it, if I'm the RBs, I can't go with an unknown. It has to be someone experienced. Whether that's Khari or Dyce or whoever... After what you went through with Lapo, you can't **** this up. Taking a risk on a rookie does not seem like a good idea. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Agreed. Top 3 All Time Great Historical Bomber Plays:

1. Last year's Grey Cup. The Tip. Winston Rose tipping the ball to Kyrie Wilson after we had scored in OT to end the game. Incredible ball hawking play to end the game.

2. The 1988 Grey Cup. BC vs Wpg: Bomber DE Mike Gray tipping a Matt Dunigan pass & then intercepting it himself after it went straight up in the air & down again into his willing mitts was an incredible play done all by himself. Who says y'all don't like up downs? 

3. The 1961 Grey Cup: Blue Bomber QB Ken Ploen's 18 yard winning scoring run in OT to beat the Lions. Not only was it a great run but how.... how did he beat two Ti cat defenders on the sideline coming at him near the goal line?? What an incredibly athletic play from a guy who was money when he played. Ploen made those 2 defenders miss. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Hopefully Buck stays.

Here's the thing. It's not great coaches who win championships. It's great players. Coaches IQ's are raised considerably when they have Zach Collaros playing qb instead of Caleb Evans. Dalton Schoen instead of Duke Williams. A great offensive line like the Bombers vs the one in Saskatchewan. If he leaves, I wish him success except when he plays us but it won't be the end of the world. Another OC will find success with the group we have here. Just look at the disaster that was LaPo in Ottawa. 

If Buck goes to Ottawa, he won't have the talent he has here. Buck will start in a hole relative to the other coaches in the CFL. Maybe Massoli is 100% but maybe he isn't. He's got a good gig here & can afford to be picky regarding HC jobs. Does he really want to leave?