2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Do we want the Riders to win mostly because of a better chance of us beating them if by a miracle they make it to the Cup?

Why?  We're the best team in the league.  Why would we care who we beat in the Cup.  Seriously, the silliness factor of some people is getting worse the more we win.

Edited by WBBFanWest

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Why?  We're the best team in the league.  Why would we care who we beat in the Cup.  Seriously, the silliness factor of some people is getting worse the more we win.

Honestly. 

I swear this same guy asks several times a year “do we want the Gappers to win?” 

Always no. They deserve nothing. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Would you rather face the Ti Cats or the Riders in the Grey Cup?   I'd rather face the Riders.  

Losing teams have attitudes like this. I doubt the Bombers are afraid of neither. The Ti Cats had their Grey Cup three weeks ago.  It won't happen twice. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

52 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Such dumb logic.

why would I want to win 16 games only to have some undeserving team have home field advantage in the most important game of the year?

like FFS 

Ti-Cats put 48 points against us and we've destroyed Saskatchewan both home and away...   why is it dumb logic?     

Why do you go on a message board and get so upset over a simple  yes/no question?  I find that extremely bizarre.

Jeeze if/when we play Calgary in the play offs and I ask  "Who would we rather face  BLM or Maier"  are you going to throw a massive hissy fit and deem why would anyone create a discussion on a message board because it's such a ridiculous idea? 

Not that I am...or the team is worried...but why would you wanna face a team u have wiped the field with for 3 seasons...in a 1 game takes all game...on their turf...in what could be horrible conditions...and obviously geeked up after being first team to do the crossover to grey cup route? That's just plain asking to be upset...as they are due to win one...that's just asking for trouble.

That being said if we get there...i dont think it matters who we play...we win

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Ti-Cats put 48 points against us and we've destroyed Saskatchewan both home and away...   why is it dumb logic?     

Why do you go on a message board and get so upset over a simple  yes/no question?  I find that extremely bizarre.

Jeeze if/when we play Calgary in the play offs and I ask  "Who would we rather face  BLM or Maier"  are you going to throw a massive hissy fit and deem why would anyone create a discussion on a message board because it's such a ridiculous idea? 

You are simple. 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

It is dumb logic because you let one bad game cripple you with fear. 

I don’t know how to make this more clear: I don’t care who we play - and no I don’t care which Calgary QB plays. We are the best team in the league. 

Why would I cheer for an inferior team to get the extra boost of a home field advantage with a Cup on the line?  

Do I think we would lose? No

Would I cheer for it to happen? No, I want it as quiet as possible for our offence.

Compare the last two Grey Cups vs the same team where the shittier version was more competitive at home. 

Also- **** the Gappers, their fans/team deserve to miss the playoffs.

Why do you regularly come on a Bomber board and ask for people to cheer a team that is by far the most hated? 

Two things… beating the riders at their home (our second home) in the GC would, of course, be extremely satisfying… but 1) the riders likely aren’t going to make the playoffs and 2) even if they sneak in, they’ll get killed in Toronto or Montreal in the east semis… and as many people mentioned, it doesn’t matter who or where we play, the team goal is 1-0 every week… and that doesn’t change if we’re playing on nov 20  

ps…. that ended up being like 4 or 5 things 

17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'd rather face BC or Calgary, but the play-off system doesn't work like that.

yeah....need to go to a different format for sure...the top 3 teams this yr are gonna battle each other and knock themselves out to play a mid tier squad....its a shame....if anything should be top team in each division at 1 and 2....and then seed the next best 4...regardless of division

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah....need to go to a different format for sure...the top 3 teams this yr are gonna battle each other and knock themselves out to play a mid tier squad....its a shame....if anything should be top team in each division at 1 and 2....and then seed the next best 4...regardless of division

I have always liked the geographical rivalries. And it doesn't make any logical sense that it's always the East that is so bad, but it just always is.

Not sure how to defend it anymore. 

I'm not sure that the East-West thing as all that important anymore.  It seems to me that it may be nothing more than a nostalgic relic of the "old days".  Top six teams get in.  Might motivate teams to draft/plan better because as it stands right now, in the east you have a minimum 50-50 chance of making the playoffs.  A little motivation is a good thing.

9 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I'm not sure that the East-West thing as all that important anymore.  It seems to me that it may be nothing more than a nostalgic relic of the "old days".  Top six teams get in.  Might motivate teams to draft/plan better because as it stands right now, in the east you have a minimum 50-50 chance of making the playoffs.  A little motivation is a good thing.

I mean, it has the same importance as it always did - tradition and guaranteeing the larger Eastern markets home games and play-off dates. 

34 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Agreed those times have past, traditional rivalries can be played out during the season but for the championship it should be the two best teams going head-to-head to make the event more exciting and worth watching for all fans. The CFL is so small it would be an easy transition and the league needs to do everything it can to spark more fan interest.

Edited by Fatty Liver