2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Or.. Walters had some cap space and didn’t anticipate any of the NFL guys coming back this season so they decided to get one more weapon for Zack. I wouldn’t put too much into it being bad news about Ellingson. 

Yeah, 17to85 and I were just talking about this.... Walters maybe just loading up. It's the kind of long-cock move that Walters loves to pull on the rest of the league. Just drop a bag of **** you on everyone's doorstep.

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

always figured Lawler was gonna bolt for 1 yr then be back here...almost happened sooner than expected with a trade, but still think he re-ups here next yr

You said a few weeks back there was a big deal in the works was it this.

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

You said a few weeks back there was a big deal in the works was it this.

Heard a receiver but thought was just talk...The Darby one tho was what I got tipped on...also think that why we used Wilcotts a lot too against Sask...kind of a showing off the talent for the Cats to see...he is on their roster tomorrow as well I believe

3 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Especially when the temperature drops.

Yep

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Ellingson, just some of his comments when he signed with the Elks about the Bombers not ponying up  having more to do in Edmonton being one of the reason he signed there.

V sensitive 

He didn’t really say anything that bad

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I agree a Lawler move was more Walters doing this to the rest of the CFL. Credit @Noeller for saying it first.

major-league-gif-7.gif

so just a bit of back story.... and this is actually kind of insane to think about in retrospect, but do you guys remember the year we grabbed Big Stan in FA? We were actually trying to get Sir Vincent Rogers (yikes...) and missed on that, so they went out and got Bryant, who of course, is even better. And I'd been running around doing stuff that day, and 17to85 sends me a text "Kyle Walters just long cocked everyone in the league..." and we've been laughing about that ever since. I feel like Walters does this a lot. Just the best GM in the league...

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

so just a bit of back story.... and this is actually kind of insane to think about in retrospect, but do you guys remember the year we grabbed Big Stan in FA? We were actually trying to get Sir Vincent Rogers (yikes...) and missed on that, so they went out and got Bryant, who of course, is even better. And I'd been running around doing stuff that day, and 17to85 sends me a text "Kyle Walters just long cocked everyone in the league..." and we've been laughing about that ever since. I feel like Walters does this a lot. Just the best GM in the league...

So, I recall these events differently.

As I remember it, we signed Bryant immediately. And we were ALSO trying to get Sir Vince.

Same long cock attitude, of course.

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I know of him, I do like Jazz....not sure the nick name makes any sense really or has ever been used before. Not hating on bustamente...just don't think that name works

been used on Ellignson a lot before actually