2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

17 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

I wouldn't mind it but to me it doesn't make sense when there is Duke Williams playing down the road.

I don't think it's deliberate but a lot of people here (probably due to autocorrect) have been calling Ellingson 'Ellington' I think that's where it came from

20 hours ago, Booch said:

always figured Lawler was gonna bolt for 1 yr then be back here...almost happened sooner than expected with a trade, but still think he re-ups here next yr

I doubt it, some cake-sniffer is still going to offer him at least $250k in F.A. and that's too much to pay a single target when the job can be better executed by a committee of very good receivers like they've assembled in Wpg.. Have to pay Desmki more next year as well.

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don’t follow the Argos very closely but I’ve never heard of either Churchill or Giffen… meanwhile the bombers got the league MOP and a top 3 P/k in the league… I’d say that trade worked out ok 

Churchill has only really been mentioned when he left the team for a bit earlier this year (for family reasons iirc). He's back with the team but both guys are on the PR.

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...steal of a deal...Leggs has become automatic almost now...no concerns there for me...his demeanor and body language is night and day diff than last yr...and early this yr...i think he well on his way now

I wasn't worried about him at all. He was a rookie last year and just needed to mature. His leg strength this year is really improved as well.

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Do we want the Riders to win mostly because of a better chance of us beating them if by a miracle they make it to the Cup?

The majority here seem to not want them to make it. The only reasons I would want them to get to the Cup through the back door are:

1. It would make Grey Cup week in Regina a lot more alive for all the fans in attendance. Since I will be there, I’d want to enjoy that energy. 

2. Beating them again at the Grey Cup would complete the cycle of Winnipeg winning another “first time” event at Mosaic over the Riders, and would completely avenge the 2007 loss to them and could erase that bad memory forever.