2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

I believe I read/heard that former CFL player (former Bomber???) Rob Crifo is involved in the video review process in some way. Always thought it was cool when players transition into officiating. Didn't Dave Donaldson or someone like that become an official after they were done playing...? 

Dd being in the cc review process would make a lot of sense lol 

Last nights Bomber Coaches Show. It was a “really big shoe”.

Topics, Bye week, Collaros signing - according to DT sets the bombers up for 6 straight grey Cup wins. Coach says difference with ZC is that he is a leader, work ethic, just spending time around him “you can tell”.
Caller on great scouting, ie Schoen and DB’s.

Legg’s kicks , knew was just outside his range. 
Illegal Kick! Knew it was a rule, Bombers even practice the receiving team roles!! As a player and young coach, wasnt aware of the rule, but has been aware for awhile. But still a rule he does not like.

working on coverage teams.

Brady’s 1000 yard and Schoens TD record for a rookie, the players would say, the priority is winning. 

9 minutes ago, Nolby said:

As Per Dunk,Bombers working on Jefferson extention. This is likely a slam dunk as he just moved his family here,my guess is the contract will be a little less but likely filled with bonuses/incentives.

The article says the offer is in the neighbourhood of 225K which is up from his current salary of 205K which comes from a result of a contract restructure where the original value was 265K.

I dont know...I know every season is different, but I haven't "loved" the season Willie has had so far. I'm in no way saying he's a liability of any kind, but given he's starting to get some tread on the tires, I wonder if he can get the form back he had in 2019 and 2021.

I'm curious about what the proposed length of the deal would be. Truthfully I'd be a little worried signing him to a three year deal as we did with ZC, but we'll see what happens.

WJ is seeing a ton of extra attention because Jeffcoat is in and out of the lineup. He is still making a lot plays even if his numbers aren’t jumping off the page (people were complaining about him not doing enough in his DMOP year too).

He is still a nightmare for other teams and a game changer.

DEs have a long life span, Willie is only 31. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

The article says the offer is in the neighbourhood of 225K which is up from his current salary of 205K which comes from a result of a contract restructure where the original value was 265K.

I dont know...I know every season is different, but I haven't "loved" the season Willie has had so far. I'm in no way saying he's a liability of any kind, but given he's starting to get some tread on the tires, I wonder if he can get the form back he had in 2019 and 2021.

I'm curious about what the proposed length of the deal would be. Truthfully I'd be a little worried signing him to a three year deal as we did with ZC, but we'll see what happens.

Get Willy a proper Nevis/Stove type nose tackle and watch the plays roll in…

21 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

The thing with WJ is that he isn't always playing for the sack. He often does an initial push and then hangs back. Probably looking to bat the ball down.

If we're talking extension - he's clearly doing what Hall wants him to do - even if the counting stats are down.

35 minutes ago, Jesse said:

The thing with WJ is that he isn't always playing for the sack. He often does an initial push and then hangs back. Probably looking to bat the ball down.

If we're talking extension - he's clearly doing what Hall wants him to do - even if the counting stats are down.

100%

During the game this past week they talked about how Willie was leading the league in pass knock downs for a good chunk of the year which is normally something only a DB does.  He's currently in 2nd place, only 1 knockdown off the lead.  He is the only non-DB in the top 25 (Bighill is next in 27th spot).

16 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I believe DT mentioned his pressures are pretty much in line with previous years, just fewer sacks. Believe the lack of a Nevis/Stove hurts. I'd be happy to see WJ reup.

Not only the changes at DT but Jefferson being on and off the IR all year impacts every thing. Also the changes at LB impact things and changes in the secondary. 

Contrary to what certain rider fans think our D has been held together with bubblegum and packing tape all season.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Not only the changes at DT but Jeffcoat being on and off the IR all year impacts every thing. Also the changes at LB impact things and changes in the secondary. 

Contrary to what certain rider fans think our D has been held together with bubblegum and packing tape all season.

FYP.

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Last nights Bomber Coaches Show. It was a “really big shoe”.

Topics, Bye week, Collaros signing - according to DT sets the bombers up for 6 straight grey Cup wins. Coach says difference with ZC is that he is a leader, work ethic, just spending time around him “you can tell”.

Funny, a friend and I were joking about this the other day... a few years ago we were desperate for a GC win... now we're like "six in a row or bust!" 😂

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Also, just his presence alone changes the way an offence schemes against us. He is one of the big reasons our D still has the fewest ppg surrendered. He creates nightmares for OCs around the league and the QBs simply are in chuck and duck mode and that takes sacks away from him.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Not only the changes at DT but Jefferson being on and off the IR all year impacts every thing. Also the changes at LB impact things and changes in the secondary. 

Our D has been bombarded by injuries all year for sure.