GDT - Western Final - Riders @ The Champs

JCon

29 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

LMFAO, like unreal. What kind of shaven monkeys would call that a catch. He doesnt even have a single hand under it! Jesus H Christ that is a joke of a f***king call. There is nothing they can say to justify that a catch, other than a couple of melonheads at the controls.

Being in the stands it's much easier to get stuff wrong than at home. But that play was the most baffling thing I've seen. Seriously. And I watched a bunch of Tim Donaghy refed nba games that were fixed. Plus way too many angel hernandez called baseball games. 

The cfl needs to do a serious overhaul on the command center system and fire every decision maker involved this year. The reviews are soo bad this year there is no point to even having them. 

I might be wrong on this one but I'm 90 percent sure I'm not. On the roughing play where proulx couldn't get the team names right 91 for the riders rolled up on one of our ols knees from behind late and about 15 yards away from the play. They gave the Bombers a first but didn't move the ball forward. Unless I'm mistaken and they called it off setting but I was sure they gave us the first. That play was Dyson Esq and should've drawn an ejection. 

Also the side line judge on the west side kept over ruling the spot of the ball from 30 plus yards away. Some of the worst spots I've seen this year. Not just for us though bad across the board. 

The lack of all kinds of holding and illegal block calls was sickening too.

They botched the too many men call on the fake punt too. Idk why we didn't challenge. That rider slide but didn't come close to getting off the field in time. 

This one was close all through out and turned into a great game. The best the post season of 2021 will probably have to offer. But man the reffing was horrid. 

7 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

In case anyone wants another clear view of the "catch".  It seems pretty definitive from this:

https://twitter.com/timmwes/status/1467645502724329473?t=Wr9WQ5JkjEtXTNgoageFzQ&s=08

And he pushed off as usual.

1 hour ago, White Out said:

I've never flown home so disappointed. Especially after such a great sports Sunday. That said I'd trade it  for nothing, important thing is we will have a chance to defend the cup next week. And we beat the miserable riders! 

Glad you feel better, dude!

14 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I’m happy it wasn’t the forecasted beat down many thought it was. Riders just couldn’t get the points they needed off turnovers. Proud of my boys.

Oh....but it was. Just not on the scoreboard because of ball security. Realistically we beat yo ass around that field all day long. Our mistakes kept you in it but this game was NEVER in doubt.

13 hours ago, Booch said:

Just cause guys are hurt dowsnt mean they better...we had to replace guys too...kicker..backup QB...2 dbacks...and still dominated...Harris..Adams..Demski...stove..Wilson all missed time and we were still 11 and 1...that's depth my friend

Average teams bemoan their injuries. Good teams just keep on winning and you don't notice their injuries.

13 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

Riders need to invest in the oline. I think there was a circular cycle of oline struggling, mass afraid to trust the oline so that effects the play calling, and fajardo not trusting oline. This resulting in him scrambling early, not stepping into throws resulting in him floating throws and also looking at the rush and not at the defence. 

In fairness to Maas and Fajardo, who would trust that bunch of pylons. Just a terrible OL straight across the board.

12 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Massive. Watching Bryant & Desjarlais block on the left side compared to Lauderdale & Ferland is just night and day. Bryant is the best tackle in the league, has been for many years… Desjarlais may be the best guard. In his second season.

I don't even know how we will work Dobson into the lineup. Just an embarrassment of riches at NAT OL in our organization.

33 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

This.

I get that everyone is on “the catch” but the hand in the back .. the push off so he could make a play on the ball .. what are you watching refs?

Osh made a big mistake not challenging for offensive PI. Glad it didn't cost us.

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

How many catches or even targets did Shaq Evans have? 

Was at the game. He was half arsing it all game long. He doesn't want to be a Rider anymore imo...but what a crap attitude.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

In fairness to Maas and Fajardo, who would trust that bunch of pylons. Just a terrible OL straight across the board.

I don't even know how we will work Dobson into the lineup. Just an embarrassment of riches at NAT OL in our organization.

Christ...Gray and ELi cant even crack the starting roster....but would be top guards/center any where else in the league...it is embarrassing...but in a good way....

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

How many catches or even targets did Shaq Evans have? 

to be honest....you wouldn't even know he even played if you didnt see him on sidelines...we doesnt wanna be there...didnt they have a DB as well walk away near end of season..Hendy?...tell's you something about that culture and locker room....A whole lotta me...and I there....not much us...we....and showed up on sunday....If the start we had was reversed and the Riders did that..they would have been pointing fingers...freaking out on sidelines....frustrated and losing cool...we just kept it together...played as one for each other, and won...plain and simple....team vs individuals wins everytime 

A thought - Looking at the highlights and on the Wolitarsky fumble play the Riders probably got away with pass interference - The defender very clearly initiated contact with Wolitarsky before the ball got to him

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IJ7CwC1Rhaw?start=103" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

A thought - Looking at the highlights and on the Wolitarsky fumble play the Riders probably got away with pass interference - The defender very clearly initiated contact with Wolitarsky before the ball got to him

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IJ7CwC1Rhaw?start=103" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought it was well timed. I don't think they would have reversed that. 

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

Christ...Gray and ELi cant even crack the starting roster....but would be top guards/center any where else in the league...it is embarrassing...but in a good way....

to be honest....you wouldn't even know he even played if you didnt see him on sidelines...we doesnt wanna be there...didnt they have a DB as well walk away near end of season..Hendy?...tell's you something about that culture and locker room....A whole lotta me...and I there....not much us...we....and showed up on sunday....If the start we had was reversed and the Riders did that..they would have been pointing fingers...freaking out on sidelines....frustrated and losing cool...we just kept it together...played as one for each other, and won...plain and simple....team vs individuals wins everytime 

He is definitely gone this off season, and thst locker room is not the tight knit group they claim it to be.

This is also Biggie on Duke Williams:

“Unfortunately, I’ve seen too many things with Duke over the last couple years where he’s doing that extra stuff,” said Adam Bighill. “I think he’s a great player, but if he cut that out of his game, I think people would respect him a lot more… the victory for us is not retaliation, it’s going to the Grey Cup.”

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

I thought it was well timed. I don't think they would have reversed that. 

You could see Wolitarsky's body reacting to the contact with the ball still in frame (not being hidden by Woli's body so obviously not being touched yet)

Not an egregious miss by any means, but if it was challenged...