GDT - Western Final - Riders @ The Champs

JCon

3 hours ago, White Out said:

I've never flown home so disappointed. Especially after such a great sports Sunday. That said I'd trade it  for nothing, important thing is we will have a chance to defend the cup next week. And we beat the miserable riders! 

I’m guessing it all worked out for you healthwise. Glad to hear. 

6 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

You could see Wolitarsky's body reacting to the contact with the ball still in frame (not being hidden by Woli's body so obviously not being touched yet)

Not an egregious miss by any means, but if it was challenged...

I may have blue tinted goggles but that contact was clearly before the ball. But in comparison to the bounce pass catch by the ignoble Duke, this is an understandable miss. 

14 hours ago, bustamente said:

Are the Riders commissioning a Duke Williams statue, just wondering

What pose are they going to use? 

-a working fountain that portrays the duke of dooches spitting on opponents?

- A statue depicting duke pointing out into the distance to commemorate his penchant for eye gouging?

-Or a more relaxed landscape ornament of duke sprawled out on the ground to encapsulate the (un)conscience embodiment of knocking one's self out. 

duke playing pool

4GRWYAS.gif

duke cosplaying:

74476ec40db158b4fd0b06e5df4ffff9.gif

What a ******.

14 hours ago, Booch said:

So...some news has come out...superstar Duke poked Alexander in eye in an after the play skirmish....pretty much makes the spitting more believable....shamefully disgrace of a pro

I re-watched the last few minutes of the first half.  BA hits Faj as he is sliding, and the Riders aren't happy about it.  Next possession with 9 seconds left I saw Duke holding BA's head and talking into his ear hole.  Then when the half is over, you see Faj and a bunch of Riders suddenly start running towards something, but there is no real explanation as to what is going on, as they cut to Duthie and Barker in the end zone.  So we really had no idea what was going on for those watching on TV.

6 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Nope.  On the post-game show, Nick Taylor said the refs told MOS that the whole play was reviewed, including OPI.  He had the flag in hand ready to go but was told he couldn't challenge.

Coaches are not allowed to challenge in the last 3 minutes of the game, only the review booth. At least that is how I understand the rule. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I re-watched the last few minutes of the first half.  BA hits Faj as he is sliding, and the Riders aren't happy about it.  Next possession with 9 seconds left I saw Duke holding BA's head and talking into his ear hole.  Then when the half is over, you see Faj and a bunch of Riders suddenly start running towards something, but there is no real explanation as to what is going on, as they cut to Duthie and Barker in the end zone.  So we really had no idea what was going on for those watching on TV.

Yup all happend in front of us. Duke had his hand on BAs mask and then BA was running around and took his helmet off and was covering his eye as other players and staff were trying to break things up. Refs were pretty much all inside the tunnel already 🙄

Rider fans are saying it’s all a lie and defending Duke lol. 

18 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Yup all happend in front of us. Duke had his hand on BAs mask and then BA was running around and took his helmet off and was covering his eye as other players and staff were trying to break things up. Refs were pretty much all inside the tunnel already 🙄

Rider fans are saying it’s all a lie and defending Duke lol. 

I realize that it was freezing but do you think anyone had the wherewithal to haul out their phone and get some video?

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Coaches are not allowed to challenge in the last 3 minutes of the game, only the review booth. At least that is how I understand the rule. 

This has to change.....they obviously had a rider fan in the booth going over that one,,,,,That was a catch made off of a short bounce.....everyone in the telecast knew it as well as the stadium.....When the game is down to the short strokes and a 'supposed impartial' review booth has the last say on a play like that and comes up with the conclusion they did, something is rotten....Duke got away with one there, that was so blatantly bull$hit....I'm still fuming that the eye gouging poor excuse for a football player could have been the catalyst for a late td ....then who knows....Thankfully Taylor put an end to the threat and we go on

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

This has to change.....they obviously had a rider fan in the booth going over that one,,,,,That was a catch made off of a short bounce.....everyone in the telecast knew it as well as the stadium.....When the game is down to the short strokes and a 'supposed impartial' review booth has the last say on a play like that and comes up with the conclusion they did, something is rotten....Duke got away with one there, that was so blatantly bull$hit....I'm still fuming that the eye gouging poor excuse for a football player could have been the catalyst for a late td ....then who knows....Thankfully Taylor put an end to the threat and we go on

yes, I'm glad the Bombers survived that disgusting missed call.  There might have been rioting in the streets otherwise.  

4 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I really wish I had! My phone was in my pocket under three layers and I didn’t want to take my gloves off lol. I’m sure someone out there has video of it!!

yeah I can see that it would have been a giant pain to get your phones out in that weather, no worries.  I don't think it would matter if Bomber fans had video of Duke trying to stick a shiv into Alexander on the sidelines, the CFL wouldn't do anything anyway.

Onward and upward! Cup #12 time!

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I really wish I had! My phone was in my pocket under three layers and I didn’t want to take my gloves off lol. I’m sure someone out there has video of it!!

Who cares if it’s on video, Rider Nation will just claim deep fakes anyways.

Haven’t you heard them going on and on about “Android” Harris as if their best D Lineman didn’t just get suspended for literally the exact same thing? I’m surprised they’ve been smart enough to keep Lawler’s name out their mouth. 

These are literally the same fans that were suggesting they take out Collaros and pay the 15 yard price tag a week ago and now crying into their sister’s cleavage about how Alexander hit Fajardo. 

These are the same fans that were screaming for an investigation after the Banjo Bowl because there were murmurs of some bottom of the pile cheap shots by the Bombers with nothing on camera to support it.

They play by their own rules and honestly, whatever. It looks good on them. I feel for the few good ones in that fan base, because they do exist, but dummies like Stronson and Pappcam and RDavidson over at that hellhole make it so easy to hate them. Throw in a bunch of morons like Marshall, Duke, Gainey, Maas, Marino and a sensitive little crybaby like Cody Fajardo and you’ve got all the makings of one easily hateable franchise. 

On riderville.......It seems they're so desperate over there for a winner that they'll say and do anything to bring it about.....They hate us because we are solid brick wall not allowing that to happen....All of the media horse$hit that's pumped their way won't change the fact they are a middling team that gets a lot of undeserving headlines....Saskabush ......the place that looks great in everbody's rearview mirror

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

One of my little highlights of the game... Gainey jumps around like he did anything on the demski volley int, but later on Harris gets through to the second level and Gainey tries to make the tackle..

And Harris just absolutely runs him over like he isn't even there. Guy will always be a *****.

This happened AT LEAST 3 times in the game (I was counting after the first one I noticed). Harris went directly into Gainey and plowed through him. Knocked him on his ***. I noticed towards the second half Gainey was mostly avoiding straight on contact with Harris and was initiating contact from the side.

1 minute ago, WildPath said:

This happened AT LEAST 3 times in the game (I was counting after the first one I noticed). Harris went directly into Gainey and plowed through him. Knocked him on his ***. I noticed towards the second half Gainey was mostly avoiding straight on contact with Harris and was initiating contact from the side.

I’ll admit that it would ****** hurt to be hit by Harris head on. But I’m old, fat, and I wouldn’t want Harris messing up my incredibly attractive face.