CHAMPS at Leo's GDT

Nolby

5 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

You’re an admin, I assume. I’m not breaking any rules friend. You can check my posts. I’m just here to talk football, if you want to ban me for that, go ahead.

I got banned from RF after the west final last year for starting a thread that simply stated the Bombers were 2-0 in the playoffs at IG west...

So yeah, talking football can get you banned🤣

Just now, Dodge and Burn said:

I got banned from RF after the west final last year for starting a thread that simply stated the Bombers were 2-0 in the playoffs at IG west...

So yeah, talking football can get you banned🤣

Haha well… if you started a thread saying that, it’s more likely you were banned for trolling, especially immediately after the game.

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Haha well… if you started a thread saying that, it’s more likely you were banned for trolling, especially immediately after the game.

MBB ain’t going to be rushing to have you sign up and post is my guess. But I don’t know. 

Just now, Rod Black said:

MBB ain’t going to be rushing to have you sign up and post is my guess. But I don’t know. 

I joined in 2019 right after the WF to congratulate you guys, actually…

Just now, Mike said:

I mean … what do you think you’re doing here?

Mike if you can point out where I’m trolling, I’d be happy to apologize.

After 20+ years of misery finally ending 2 years ago, and the dreadful coaches, (like Reinbold, Daly,  Kelly) GM's (Joe Mack), and QBs (like Lefors, Bishop, Brink, Brohm) the fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have an immense sense of pride in a Winning football team.    And noone saw a 7-1 start for the Blue.

Most of the people I've dealt with on this board are neither cocky nor arrogant fans (Jcon, Noeller, 17to85 to name a few) . In fact they quite knowledgeable and can facilitate discussion on what is supposed to be a discussion board.

What I also see from this board is a passionate and knowledgeable fan base.  Many will confuse that with being arrogant/cocky.  We may post stuff that sounds arrogant, but it's backed up with research and fact.  There is also lots of good natured ribbing that goes on here too.  We're adults and can take a joke 

So take off the green, orange, gold, or whatever team color lenses you wear and try to look at things objectively for a change and engage in discussion.  

If you post ****, be sure to back it up.  Also keep an open mind that your viewpoint may be different and be open to correction from your peers.

I'm off my soapbox now.

Just now, captaincanuck12 said:

After 20+ years of misery finally ending 2 years ago, and the dreadful coaches, (like Reinbold, Daly,  Kelly) GM's (Joe Mack), and QBs (like Lefors, Bishop, Brink, Brohm) the fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have an immense sense of pride in a Winning football team.    And noone saw a 7-1 start for the Blue.

Most of the people I've dealt with on this board are neither cocky nor arrogant fans (Jcon, Noeller, 17to85 to name a few) . In fact they quite knowledgeable and can facilitate discussion on what is supposed to be a discussion board.

What I also see from this board is a passionate and knowledgeable fan base.  Many will confuse that with being arrogant/cocky.  We may post stuff that sounds arrogant, but it's backed up with research and fact.  There is also lots of good natured ribbing that goes on here too.  We're adults and can take a joke 

So take off the green, orange, gold, or whatever team color lenses you wear and try to look at things objectively for a change and engage in discussion.  

If you post ****, be sure to back it up.  Also keep an open mind that your viewpoint may be different and be open to correction from your peers.

I'm off my soapbox now.

That's a good post. Emotions got the better of me this evening. Frustrated more than anything. And mad at myself for letting the game get to me. I'm really just happy there is football to watch after all we've been through. I forgot that  

sorry folks  

4 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Dominant. Best D in the league. 

You called our fan base a bunch of ass holes on the rider board. Please don’t pull that ****. A mans word is their honour I like you as a poster but why are you catering towards those guys and then sucking up here. I’ve noticed you taking shots at our fan base on that site multiple times. Anyways have the guts to say it here or not at all. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

That's a good post. Emotions got the better of me this evening. Frustrated more than anything. And mad at myself for letting the game get to me. I'm really just happy there is football to watch after all we've been through. I forgot that  

sorry folks  

Sorry for the posts here or over at riderfans?

man what a bunch of whiny lil b*tches over there! You included 

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

You called our fan base a bunch of ass holes on the rider board. Please don’t pull that ****. A mans word is their honour I like you as a poster but why are you catering towards those guys and then sucking up here. I’ve noticed you taking shots at our fan base on that site multiple times. Anyways have the guts to say it here or not at all. Thanks. 

Duly noted. Thx. 

10 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

Sorry for the posts here or over at riderfans?

man what a bunch of whiny lil b*tches over there! You included 

So sorry is not good enough for you. Fair enough. 

Some random thoughts in no particular order:

- This team reminds me of a gritty boxer. No matter what, you best be prepared to fight - and if not you're going to have a long night. 

- While they do it in totally different ways, I don't know that we've had a Bomber team this dominant since 2001.

- Grant or Nelson returning kicks makes no difference when the punt and kick coverage is as bad as it is.

- Whether it's on the offence or defence, there doesn't seem to be a player we need to hide or protect because of any sort of weakness. 

- Few things make me happier than watching our ends cave in offensive tackles game in and game out.

- Hell of a game by Woli and Stove. Hope both are good next week.

- Mike O'Shea appreciation comment: Very rarely is this team not ready to play. Coming back from a bye at 6-1, many teams would have been flat. We weren't. 

- Golf clap for the hogs. Solid game.

- Onto Edmonton. Best of luck to them....they'll need it.

From week to week you see this Bomber team make it look relatively easy even when the score is close. The teams in the league know they have to play their absolute best to have a shot. They know they have to fight us in the trenches on both sides of the ball and have a run game to keep us honest.

This is finally that game where the opposing team didn't bring any semblance of a run game and looked like a peewee team against our lines. That is a recipe for disaster against this tough Bomber team.

7 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

What a dominant performance tonight.  

Def was relentless up front. Our back end is only getting better. Alford played his azz off. 

ZC was obviously pumped up for this one. He does not get enough credit for how bloody competitive he is. 

Even Nelly was 3 for 3. 

Across the board, the secondary is second to none… Alford-Nichols-Alexander-Taylor-Jones…. Most teams would love to have two players of that quality… we have five…

PS I may have Alford and Nichols in the wrong order…

7 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Nevis is a premiere Canadian talent who likely wanted a lot of $ as well, there are many factors. 

Man u just showed how clueless you are right there, as well as most Rider faithful.

All media as well has been bringing up the Stoves return..and comparable to Marino...that's laughable at best...that's the definition of an insignificant injury 100 percent.

Funny how Richardson is not a game changer coming out of a Rider fan mouth as your while DLine is basically a collection of non game changers..Johnson was at one time...but also a benefactor of talent all around him...why do u think he has done next to nothing in Sask? It's the supporting cast doing him no favours.

Any Rider fan would swap out front 7's in a heartbeat with us if u could..and any saying they wouldn't is just lying....or truly as dumb as we all suspect....

7 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

See, I feel this is the general attitude on this board. I’m a Rider fan so I must be a “knob” it makes posting here an interesting time. 

That's basically ruderfans treatment of opposing fans....personal attacks...name calling...general juvenile behaviours right out of that gate if u post there...so it's funny u feel the need to come here and accuse other sites of what RDfans has cornered the market on....I read there daily for the humourous..baseless and for most part just plain comical nonsense posted with nothing to back it other than the thought that the Riders are awesome and the be all end all...it is truly funny...yet in the same breath kinda sad

35 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Across the board, the secondary is second to none… Alford-Nichols-Alexander-Taylor-Jones…. Most teams would love to have two players of that quality… we have five…

PS I may have Alford and Nichols in the wrong order…

Yeah. I was a bit worried with the prospect of going with relative unknowns on the one side after we lost both Sayles and Rose but the whole unit has been terrific. I don't want to see Josh Miller anywhere near the field again so I hope this group can stay healthy.

8 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Correct. You guys are way better than I thought. But I do admit I want you knocked down a peg or 2. 

Don't get me wrong, I was Bomber fan when you won the Cup, but I don't like 1 team being so dominant. And I don't like cocky fans. So there, I said it. Sling your arrows

What are the examples of being cocky? 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

True enough... I fully expected 8-0....

Could the Hamilton Tiger-Cats go undefeated in 2021? – 3DownNation https://www.google.com/amp/s/3downnation.com/2021/08/03/ticats-season-preview-the-undefeated-season-is-possible/amp/