WSF: Bombers @ Stamps

White Out

Just now, captaincanuck12 said:

6 more than we've had in that timespan.  Man I'm getting depressed.

Imagine if the Bombers had had the brains/foresight to bring in Hufnagel back in the mid 2000's instead of going with napkin boy Taman and then "Handled Internally" guy in 2009.  Wow, just wow.  

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Imagine if the Bombers had had the brains/foresight to bring in Hufnagel back in the mid 2000's instead of going with napkin boy Taman and then "Handled Internally" guy in 2009.  Wow, just wow.  

Or even when they passed on Jim Barker b/c he wanted final say on all player personnel... and opted for Joe Mack (please correct me if my memory has the wrong connection there)...

Best not to think about these things... just puts us in a deeper Bomber-based depression...

4 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Is there a Bombers fan crisis help-line... i need to call it ... so many painful memories...

don't even get Speedflex going on 1972.  Thankfully I was still blissfully unaware of football at that point in my life....it wasn't until 1982 that I really tasted the bitterness of being screwed over in the playoffs....

Reading last week insiders in the Penton column interesting comments, 

Listening to (John) Murphy on the phone can be worse than having field ants on your nuts, but Kyle (Walters) got (the trade) done. (Zach) Collaros makes them better. To be honest with you, we know they could be a tough out for us in the playoffs if Collaros stays healthy.

(Zach) Collaros surprised me last week. Pleasantly, I might add. He looked composed and comfortable, which is a bad thing for the teams out west and also (Matt) Nichols and (Chris) Streveler. He looked better than he did in Saskatchewan last year. He made the plays they haven’t gotten from Nichols and never will from (Streveler). If he stays healthy they are a threat again in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Anyone catch any of the South Africa/England rugby game?  England was supposed to destroy SA and instead SA came out and just punched England in the mouth, continuously, for the entire game, and England didn't know what to do.  I think this Bomber team can do that.  Three games.  Just go out there and punch the other guys in the mouth.  It's amazing what you can achieve if it all comes down to one game to get by an opponent, unlike hockey where you can have a bad game or two, and still recover.

Depends what LaPo shows up calling this game. Do we get innovative running the ball with misdirection? Do we mix it up on first down? With Collaros do we challenge the Stamps DB's throwing the ball downfield & stretching the field? Or does LaPo cling to a 5 point lead in the second half running off tackle on first down & throwing safe outs, curls, flats & checkdowns trying to play it safe on second down? This game wil hinge on LaPo having a set of balls willing to be aggressive & taking chances trying to win instead of shriveled up ones afraid of losing. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

don't even get Speedflex going on 1972.  Thankfully I was still blissfully unaware of football at that point in my life....it wasn't until 1982 that I really tasted the bitterness of being screwed over in the playoffs....

The Western Final 1972. The Bombers had a 21-7 halftime lead & we all thought we was Grey Cup bound. And then.... Oh, the pain.

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

Or even when they passed on Jim Barker b/c he wanted final say on all player personnel... and opted for Joe Mack (please correct me if my memory has the wrong connection there)...

Best not to think about these things... just puts us in a deeper Bomber-based depression...

Right, and I'm as guilty as the next guy, so let's continue to stream positive vibes towards our team and help them take 3 wins in a row. We just need to get on a roll.

If you compare the two teams by position I think you can argue that both teams are pretty equal but for one position . Unfortunately it’s one that can be a game breaker and that’s at receiver. And it’s not even close. 

It probably helps to have BLM throwing them the ball but they seem to have a plethora of playmakers. 

17 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

If you compare the two teams by position I think you can argue that both teams are pretty equal but for one position . Unfortunately it’s one that can be a game breaker and that’s at receiver. And it’s not even close. 

It probably helps to have BLM throwing them the ball but they seem to have a plethora of playmakers. 

A cold, snowy, blustery day can erase that advantage in a hurry.

37 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

They have Dickenson calling their plays. We have LaPo & that scares the **** out of me. 

42 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Indeed.  Watching those two Calgary games again - the options BLM has when he's surveying the field are truly impressive. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Indeed.  Watching those two Calgary games again - the options BLM has when he's surveying the field are truly impressive. 

I still don't understand this about our D. Receivers wide open all over the field. Easy pickings for Bo. All because we don't want to give up the big explosion plays, which we do anyway. Or, Bo just throws underneath our coverage or into the soft spots in our zones and marches the length of the field in 14 plays and chewing up clock. Extremely frustrating style of defense. 

12 hours ago, J5V said:

I still don't understand this about our D. Receivers wide open all over the field. Easy pickings for Bo. All because we don't want to give up the big explosion plays, which we do anyway. Or, Bo just throws underneath our coverage or into the soft spots in our zones and marches the length of the field in 14 plays and chewing up clock. Extremely frustrating style of defense

Not only frustrating but completely ineffective.   We consistently get shredded and yet Hall never adjusts.    It's not ok to give up an explosion play but it happens. It's inexcusable to continue to leave receivers wide open which is what this Bomber defense does game in game out.   I've said it all year and I'll say it again, we have very rarely stopped a 2nd and long all year.

I dream that the Bombers are ‘setting up’ the opposition. All year long the defence has been pliable and subject to many completions. Many. The worst pass defence in the league. 
Maybe now, starting this Sunday, we will play a different style. All to the point of confusing BLM and forcing him to make bad decisions. They’ll play right into our hands.

But then again, I thought they would have had a better game plan in the last Saskatchewan game where we would really show them a master game plan. Well, we must have showed them alright, because they knew everything we were doing.

Sunday. Keep the penalties down. Restrict Calgary’s second down conversions. Have turnovers as a snack, unless we treat the Stamps to them. And most of all, don’t sit back. Let’s attack that whiny group.

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

I dream that the Bombers are ‘setting up’ the opposition. All year long the defence has been pliable and subject to many completions. Many. The worst pass defence in the league. 
Maybe now, starting this Sunday, we will play a different style. All to the point of confusing BLM and forcing him to make bad decisions. They’ll play right into our hands.

But then again, I thought they would have had a better game plan in the last Saskatchewan game where we would really show them a master game plan. Well, we must have showed them alright, because they knew everything we were doing.

Sunday. Keep the penalties down. Restrict Calgary’s second down conversions. Have turnovers as a snack, unless we treat the Stamps to them. And most of all, don’t sit back. Let’s attack that whiny group.

Maybe they could have started earlier in the year to secure home field?