WSF: Bombers @ Stamps

White Out

27 minutes ago, JCon said:

Maybe they could have started earlier in the year to secure home field? 

Their record through the first half of the season was pretty good (7-2), so one could argue the team did enough. However, those two ugly road losses to the Argos and the Als now loom large, as many said they would. Couple those with the mediocre second half record (4-5) and the third place finish comes as no surprise. A good start was easily forgotten when a lousy finish became realer with each mounting loss.

The Bombers' playoff campaign will be tough once again and they have nobody to blame for it but themselves.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Their record through the first half of the season was pretty good (7-2), so one could argue the team did enough. However, those two ugly road losses to the Argos and the Als now loom large, as many said they would. Couple those with the mediocre second half record (4-5) and the third place finish comes as no surprise. A good start was easily forgotten when a lousy finish became realer with each mounting loss.

The Bombers' playoff campaign will be tough once again and they have nobody to blame for it but themselves.

I was meaning over the last few games of the year, where we still could have secured first overall against the Riders and the Stamps. 

But good point. 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

I was meaning over the last few games of the year, where we still could have secured first overall against the Riders and the Stamps. 

But good point. 

I think if the team had addressed the QB issue a bit earlier, their chances would've been much better in either game. That loss to the Riders was just nauseating to watch.

I think if the team had addressed the QB issue a bit earlier, their chances would've been much better in either game. That loss to the Riders was just nauseating to watch.

I think they tried. 

But, even if they could have got Collaros earlier, do you think they would have put him in? 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I think they tried. 

But, even if they could have got Collaros earlier, do you think they would have put him in? 

Nope, not until Streveler was reduced  to pulling himself around on his belly like a Harp seal fleeing a thirsty Newfie.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

27 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think they tried. 

I don't know the specifics of Collaros' health prior to his acquisition. I'm merely speculating but a week or two less of inaction on the WFC's part could've helped their chances in either game.

I don't know the specifics of Collaros' health prior to his acquisition. I'm merely speculating but a week or two less of inaction on the WFC's part could've helped their chances in either game.

They tried to get Collaros earlier but Popp wouldn't trade him. My understanding was that Collaros was cleared to play in the summer but never suited up for the Argos. 

Even if he were here four weeks earlier, I don't think they would have put him in. It was only when they broke Streveler that they finally had to get in in there. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

They tried to get Collaros earlier but Popp wouldn't trade him. My understanding was that Collaros was cleared to play in the summer but never suited up for the Argos. 

Even if he were here four weeks earlier, I don't think they would have put him in. It was only when they broke Streveler that they finally had to get in in there. 

I don't think the trade happened until Popp was booted out the door, it was Pinball who pulled the trigger.

We match up well. If the O can do enough, we . Cuz in my opinion, special teams will play a role and we own Calgary on special teams, i see no reason why we don't waltz in there and leave with a W. Im telling you.. Collaros beating Sask to get to the cup is gonna be the story.. Will it end with him beating his other former team in the cup final? The Collaros story is the storyline here. There are no other interesting storylines but ZC beating Sask then Hamilton. This is storybook **** here

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

We match up well. If the O can do enough, we . Cuz in my opinion, special teams will play a role and we own Calgary on special teams, i see no reason why we don't waltz in there and leave with a W. Im telling you.. Collaros beating Sask to get to the cup is gonna be the story.. Will it end with him beating his other former team in the cup final? The Collaros story is the storyline here. There are no other interesting storylines but ZC beating Sask then Hamilton. This is storybook **** here

It's gonna be epic .....it's gonna be fun.... 

Don't let the Stamps beat you guys before the coin flip. All this talk about how good the Stamps are on and on....pi$$ on them. They are as good as the Bombers let them be. I can guarantee you each and every Bomber on that team is not thinking a damn thing as you guys are talking about. They are frothing at the mouth to get out there and smash these prick$ into oblivion. And I for one am going scream and yell and high five the crap outta every man, woman, kid and animal within my vicinity on Sunday as the Bombers kick the crap outta Dlck and Sons and toss them aside and show the Sackstenchwan Riders and their stenchy fans who the hell is coming into that toilet bowl of a stadium to kick their A$$ next! I don't care if they cheat, steal or even stab some white horse on the sideline to get the win in Calgary just as long as they get that Big W! This Sunday Calgary is the land for glory, for hope, and for the future of the Bombers and their fans to march in the streets of Winnipeg with that Grey Cup! Go fu(king get em boys!

The pundits give a slight edge to the Stamps due to their passing game and the Bombers' porous pass defence. So, it looks like the Bomber running game vs the Stamps' passing. I do not expect the Bomber front seven to apply much pressure to Mitchell, and that could be decisive.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The pundits give a slight edge to the Stamps due to their passing game and the Bombers' porous pass defence. So, it looks like the Bomber running game vs the Stamps' passing. I do not expect the Bomber front seven to apply much pressure to Mitchell, and that could be decisive.

The first time u expect the bombers to do well will be the first time also

2 hours ago, Firekid said:

Don't let the Stamps beat you guys before the coin flip. All this talk about how good the Stamps are on and on....pi$$ on them. They are as good as the Bombers let them be. I can guarantee you each and every Bomber on that team is not thinking a damn thing as you guys are talking about. They are frothing at the mouth to get out there and smash these prick$ into oblivion. And I for one am going scream and yell and high five the crap outta every man, woman, kid and animal within my vicinity on Sunday as the Bombers kick the crap outta Dlck and Sons and toss them aside and show the Sackstenchwan Riders and their stenchy fans who the hell is coming into that toilet bowl of a stadium to kick their A$$ next! I don't care if they cheat, steal or even stab some white horse on the sideline to get the win in Calgary just as long as they get that Big W! This Sunday Calgary is the land for glory, for hope, and for the future of the Bombers and their fans to march in the streets of Winnipeg with that Grey Cup! Go fu(king get em boys!

What’s section are you sitting in? My usual partners in crime can’t make it so I am going solo and will be a big bad loud obnoxious bastard like the last game 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ouch...

Consider that the head coach is working on an expiring contract; three quarterbacks – Matt Nichols, Chris Streveler and Zach Collaros – are all pending free agents; ditto for the team’s Most Outstanding Player and Most Outstanding Defensive Player in Willie Jefferson, cornerback Winston Rose – who led the league in interceptions – and two-time reigning CFL Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman Stanley Bryant. And those are just some of the more notable names of players who will need new deals.

Can we at least make a valid argument that the Bombers will be much hungrier for a playoff win than the Stamps?  Just hope they play that way.

I've got a strange feeling that this year's Grey Cup Final will be between the 2 teams with the longest Cup droughts.