Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition

Wanna-B-Fanboy

3 hours ago, BBRT said:

Sorry dude - trying to blame this on on the ref's failure to call what Adams did is just sour grapes IMHO. The Bombers offense and defense just plain gave up the ghost in the second half. I believe the office scored 3 points in the second half and we all know what to expect from a Richie Hall Defense - Nothing more to say - A Richie Hall defense will never ever win you a Grey Cup!

Im not blaming it on the refs or eye in the sky letting Adams try to injure a guy.. The point is.. Refs did **** up.. So did our players.. Hell our kicker missed a convert and FG. Theres more than 1 person to blame. 

Im just saying Adams trying to legit injure someone and not getting ejected for it is a problem. Its actually the biggest problem. Imagine he connected hard and bighill got knocked out?  Ya the D sucked.. Ya OC DC are 2 conservative but a guy legit tried to injure a guy and theres barely a peep from anyone about it. 

Edited by Goalie

20 hours ago, BBRT said:

Sorry dude - trying to blame this on on the ref's failure to call what Adams did is just sour grapes IMHO. The Bombers offense and defense just plain gave up the ghost in the second half. I believe the office scored 3 points in the second half and we all know what to expect from a Richie Hall Defense - Nothing more to say - A Richie Hall defense will never ever win you a Grey Cup!

See- it's **** like this that gets my goat. No one is saying that the loss is solely on the refs for not ejecting vaj. It's an issue, a huge one that has big ramifications. The Bombers did enough (didn't do enough?) to lose that game, but that shouldn't dismiss the fact vaj should have been ejected. I don't think anyone would have thought that would have been a controversial call if they ejected him.   

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Take that heart-breaking crap filled loss, and THEN go to a dinner party where there are a bunch of Rider fans who insist on rubbing it in all night. A small corner of hell. One guy even said "Lancaster was a better QB than Ploen". I never saw Kenny Ploen play but I assume some of the old-timers here would have started throwing punches at that point. 

LMFAO Kenny Ploen has won as many Grey CUps as their entire organization, since it's existence, and he did it in the short span of 10 years. He also played as an all-star halfback, the guy was an engineering student too, he had smarts.

Lancaster won just as many Grey Cups, but one of them (Ottawa - 1960) was as a backup, and the other two (1993, 1999) he was a coaching staff. So really, as a bona fide staring QB, he won one Grey Cup. As a team leader, more often than not Lancaster came up short, when he was with the 'Riders, they made the playoffs 14 consecutive years, only managing to win the Grey Cup once in that entire time frame (how's that for choking).

Ploen got the Bombers to more Grey Cups (6 to Lancaster's 5 as a player) and he took four years less to do it. He also won more Grey Cups for the Bombers (4) than Lancaster did as a player for the SSK 'Riders (1).

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Im not blaming it on the refs or eye in the sky letting Adams try to injure a guy.. The point is.. Refs did **** up.. So did our players.. Hell our kicker missed a convert and FG. Theres more than 1 person to blame. 

Im just saying Adams trying to legit injure someone and not getting ejected for it is a problem. Its actually the biggest problem. Imagine he connected hard and bighill got knocked out?  Ya the D sucked.. Ya OC DC are 2 conservative but a guy legit tried to injure a guy and theres barely a peep from anyone about it. 

Confirmation from Biggy, that Adams didn't just swing the helmet...he actually hit him with it

Edited by Deiter Fan

13 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Tough loss. But sometimes a loss like that has a positive impact. Better it happen in Sept. than late October. Lots of football left. 

Yeah except for the fact that they did the exact same thing in Toronto over the summer. You let it happen once and you can say OK they got cocky and a bad thing happened, but twice is the starting of a pattern. 

Stomp.

That’s what we did. 

We stomped.

Unfortunately, we lost. 

But once we figure out the end game, who’s going to beat us?

No one.

The first half was about as dominant and varied and controlling as you can put out.

And it was Streveler who performed.

I’m not disappointed with that effort at all. The result? Yes, but not the overall game.

It wasn’t an elimination game.

We’re going on.

We got it..

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

did this same collapse not happen as well with the Stamps and Als?  And the Stamps were at home if I recall correctly.  They seem to have recovered.

We ain't the Stamps.

Furthermore- I don't recall the Stamps fritter away two 20+ point leads.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wonder if Bailey comes on for Whitehead this week.  We need that smoother, savvier route runner.  

Whitehead caught everything thrown to him...  He got one of our few first downs in the second half... not his fault that Lapo decided to gameplay for Mike Miller...

Woli not involved in the game at all other than blocking schemes...  Petermann sits while Miller gets his number called - hard to understand

Had to stay away from here for the remainder of the weekend to let myself cool down. I can't remember being that upset over a loss in a long long time.

Still unbelievable that they lost. However, this time last year things were looking even worse. Bombers still control their destiny, they've made the playoffs. Just need to stop thinking the game is one with 30 minutes left in it.

Also I really like the way Streveler is developing. Made a few mistakes, but also made a few great plays. Here's hoping he continues movin on up.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Had to stay away from here for the remainder of the weekend to let myself cool down. I can't remember being that upset over a loss in a long long time.

Still unbelievable that they lost. However, this time last year things were looking even worse. Bombers still control their destiny, they've made the playoffs. Just need to stop thinking the game is one with 30 minutes left in it.

Also I really like the way Streveler is developing. Made a few mistakes, but also made a few great plays. Here's hoping he continues movin on up.

Agreed, but I allowed myself the freedom to vent. We are two thirds of the way through the season, and still making the same dumb mistakes. 

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

So, when do we hear from the CFL that perhaps something more should have been called when Adams went a little berserk on Bighill...with a weapon? 

Wednesday? Thursday? Tuesday?

If the wife could handle attending the Montreal game in Winnipeg I would like to get tickets close to the allouettes bench so I could yell at VAJ all game about it until I got into his head.  

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

Whitehead caught everything thrown to him...  He got one of our few first downs in the second half... not his fault that Lapo decided to gameplay for Mike Miller...

Woli not involved in the game at all other than blocking schemes...  Petermann sits while Miller gets his number called - hard to understand

I remember yelling at the tv, "Mike Miller? WTF???" Frigging LaPo.