Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rich

GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019

Recommended Posts

And with that ... A little reminder that this is the Black/Suitor muter

https://globalnews.ca/radio/cjob/

 

And keys to the game:

1. Get a beat on the Edmonton pressure look and if they seem more apt to bring extra rushers, use the screen, swing pass or draw.  If they're more backed away from the line, bait em up with a lot of play action to fire down field for Adams or Matthews.

2. Move Hecht around a bit to try and confuse Harris a bit and make him try a few throws he's not comfortable with.

3. Special teams must come through big

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY! I have high hopes for this game. We should have a good crowd with lots of energy. 

As always, the game will be won in the trenches but even more so tonight. I expect our "lines" to outshine theirs. 

Willie is going to have a game! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IT’S GAME DAY!

Bye,bye bye..👋    

Matt Nichols is excited I would think..- Matt Nichols is 4-2 as a starter for Winnipeg against Edmonton - 3 of his best 10 CFL games have come against Edmonton including his career high of 390 yards (Aug 17/17: 40-32-390-0-1). He has games of 390, 330, 320 & 300 yds vs Edmonton.

Pressure’s on for....Fenner and Rose. Hope the Bombers have a great game plan on defence.

Remarkable. Goes to show you......7 of the last 9 EDM-WPG games have not been decided until the final 3:00.

Scoring First Matters. Edmonton is 11-5 when scoring first since 2017 and Winnipeg is 17-5.

Chris Streveler started at QB for Winnipeg in 2018 - Matt Nichols started only the 30-3 win on Sep 29th.

I hope they keep this stat going...Winnipeg has gone 5-0 when coming off a bye over the last two years as they will be this week.

Andrew Harris' 148 rushing yards in Week #1 was the 3rd-highest game of his career and most ever in a season opener.…

The last Edmonton QB before Mike Reilly to start vs Winnipeg? By coincidence - Matt Nichols in 2015, the projected Bombers starter in this game. (Reilly has started 13 of the last 14 matchups vs Winnipeg)

The Bombers did not commit a Turnover at BC and forced 3 by the Lions (2 INTs and one on downs). Their 2-point defensive convert tied the game but for the record is not counted as a T/O since no new series of downs occurs. But it scored points!

The 2-point defensive convert by Chandler Fenner was the first in the CFL since 2017 (2 that year, Courtney Stephen and Duron also on blocked 1-point converts similar to Fenner's).

Trevor Harris is 2-2 career vs Winnipeg, 1-0 for Toronto vs the Bombers and 1-2 for Ottawa. Conversely, NONE of Harris' Top 14 career performance have come against the Blue Bombers.

Cut the Gable! - C.J. Gable has the entire CFL in rushing in each of Week #1 and Week #2. He now has a career-best 3 straight 100-yard games.

- The Esks lead the CFL in BOTH Net Offence and Net Defence averaging 508 yards for and just 221 yards against thus far.

- This game features the Club with the MOST TDs on Offence (EDM with 8) vs the team allowing the LEAST (WPG with just 1 against)

The last QB to throw 6 TD passes in the first games of the season before Harris? Chris Streveler last season.

Last week vs BC, Edmonton scored on 4 straight possessions driving 71, 59, 75 and 75 yards for scores generating 17 first downs.

- Trevor Harris has led the Esks to a 2nd down conversion rate of 64%, #1 in the CFL through Week #2. 

Eskimos surrendered 165 yards on 14 penalties last game.

Key for Winnipeg - discipline. Let the ‘Schmoes lose yardage en Maas (sic) with undisciplined play.

GO BLUE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Like always Bombers do two things and they win.

1. Win the turnover battle

2. Limit penalties 

Pretty simple formula for the Bombers over the past four years

The discipline was lacking a bit in game 1, I can only assume based on his post game comments that oshea will have them back to playing a clean game this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

What i want to see 

1) Lots of Jet Packages.

2) Pistol formations. 

3) more Jet Packages.

4) Long bombs down the field that are over thrown.

If the Harris and CO deploy that formula we are in good shape.

 

 

If they could sign Michael Bishop before game time that would be ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Like always Bombers do two things and they win.

1. Win the turnover battle

2. Limit penalties 

Pretty simple formula for the Bombers over the past four years

Exactly and pressure T Harris to throw some errant passes! 

Bold Prediction - Shmoes get their first 3 sacks against them of the season! They have been flapping their lips on how their OL hasn't allowed any sacks in two games and you can bet your last dollar that the Blue & Gold DL have been listening and are motivated to smack those lips shut! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t be important to go to work today.

Really hoping for good showing in the trenches.   Saw bombers live in Vancouver 2 weeks ok  — first game in few years — kids and wife actually liked it — and was very relieved and happy to watch our OLine — their play and their attitude — Gray pumping up others before the game (little chest strikes) — and the play to the whistle and beyond.

Want Jefferson and Matthews to make all-star plays.

And Harris runs all over them. It’s a blowout and Brady gets to play.  Demski scores.  Winnipeg boys all proud.

Wish I was in Winnipeg today.  Who says that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, no71 said:

Can’t be important to go to work today.

Really hoping for good showing in the trenches.   Saw bombers live in Vancouver 2 weeks ok  — first game in few years — kids and wife actually liked it — and was very relieved and happy to watch our OLine — their play and their attitude — Gray pumping up others before the game (little chest strikes) — and the play to the whistle and beyond.

Want Jefferson and Matthews to make all-star plays.

And Harris runs all over them. It’s a blowout and Brady gets to play.  Demski scores.  Winnipeg boys all proud.

Wish I was in Winnipeg today.  Who says that? 

At least we know we have some guys behind enemy lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adrenaline_x said:

What i want to see 

1) Lots of Jet Packages.

2) Pistol formations. 

3) more Jet Packages.

4) Long bombs down the field that are over thrown.

If the Harris and CO deploy that formula we are in good shape.

 

 

Stewie Family Guy - YOU SUCK!

You forgot "Bring in Stefan LeFors as our QB"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

And with that ... A little reminder that this is the Black/Suitor muter

https://globalnews.ca/radio/cjob/

 

And keys to the game:

1. Get a beat on the Edmonton pressure look and if they seem more apt to bring extra rushers, use the screen, swing pass or draw.  If they're more backed away from the line, bait em up with a lot of play action to fire down field for Adams or Matthews.

2. Move Hecht around a bit to try and confuse Harris a bit and make him try a few throws he's not comfortable with.

3. Special teams must come through big

On point #1, this might be where Demski becomes crucial leaking out of the backfield as a swing pass option so they can't spy on Harris all game. Also, pitch outs and sweeps  for running plays outside the tackles would be good. Nice to establish inside runs, but spread it out to keep them from loading the box.

As also mentioned, penalties and turnovers. Edmonton was awfully undisciplined against the Lions last week, and were also against the Als - we need to take advantage of the free plays they give us. I see the Eskimos keeping the refs busy picking their laundry up off the turf tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

What i want to see 

1) Lots of Jet Packages.

2) Pistol formations. 

3) more Jet Packages.

4) Long bombs down the field that are over thrown.

If the Harris and CO deploy that formula we are in good shape.

 

 

Jet sweep to Wolitarsky 5 times at least this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...