Week 20: Bombers @ Stamps "Week Of" Thread

Noeller

So Irving reporting that Harris is good to go and will play this weekend, but Nichols "Not so much...", for what that's worth. Regardless of what's wrong with him, hopefully Davis is put in a position to succeed and looks better than he did last week. Curious to know how much closer (if at all) Flanders is this week. Hoping we'll have everyone that's not "done for the year" ready for the 12th...

With Davis and/or LeFevour behind Center it would be a good time to change up to a read react veer type offence. Untilize the skills these two bring. Both have issues in Lapos check down game, Davis takes to long to release and Fever hasn’t got a strong enough arm to whistle it when he see’s it. A change of pace might mess up the Stamps D. Only issue is the running back if Harris is not 100%. Don’t know who we throw in.

1 hour ago, coach17 said:

With Davis and/or LeFevour behind Center it would be a good time to change up to a read react veer type offence. Untilize the skills these two bring. Both have issues in Lapos check down game, Davis takes to long to release and Fever hasn’t got a strong enough arm to whistle it when he see’s it. A change of pace might mess up the Stamps D. Only issue is the running back if Harris is not 100%. Don’t know who we throw in.

Could be - but resting Harris this week gives them the best chance to win the east semi. 

5 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

And please have some plays where Davis can actually roll out.

It was talked about in chat a bunch we need to see some shovel pass and pa boots. Option offense stuff too. 

Id like to see couture get a start. Rest bond/hardrick for the play offs. Cant say if spooner is ready, but would love to see him draw in as well to reward his loyalty declining the BC pick from the PR. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Is it still possible for us to cross over?

The three possible (realistic) outcomes are:

Bombers win, Edmonton wins -> WSF in Winnipeg VS Edmonton

Bombers lose, Edmonton wins -> WSF in Edmonton VS Winnipeg

Bombers loses, Edmonton loses-> WSF in Winnipeg VS SSK

This is why I hate the crossover system - one of these three teams has to go play in Ottawa / Toronto, despite the fact that team will, at worst, have one more win than the first place team in the east. The other thing that is kind of a "pick your poison" scenario for the Blue & Gold is, omitting the possibility of a tie, Winnipeg is going to play a team coming off a 3-game winning streak.

29 minutes ago, bustamente said:

As funny as it sound the Riders hold all the cards, if they feel they can get to the Grey Cup by crossing over and winning 2 road games against the east they they might not try as hard against the Esks. plus it will be warmer for their parka wearing qb. :P

Only problem with that logic is you have to go through Ottawa - who have the opportunity to win the GC at home... that stadium will be raucous.

49 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Only problem with that logic is you have to go through Ottawa - who have the opportunity to win the GC at home... that stadium will be raucous.

Far more concerned with going through Toronto... 

I re-watched the game again this morning.

I still can't get over the fact that they pulled Davis when the game was still in reach.  He started off poorly but then got in a groove and the offense was moving. Sure, they were still only getting 3s instead of 7s but they were actually moving the ball. Then he took a couple of sacks and they hooked him. I would guess that one of the reasons for the sacks was our receivers struggling to get separation. 

We had the fumble recovery in the red zone and promptly put in LeFevour, to hand off once and then miss on a screen pass.

Davis is our best shot to win this week (obviously with Nichols out). I'm hopeful he can move the offense and we can get a bit more going on around him.

42 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

I re-watched the game again this morning.

I still can't get over the fact that they pulled Davis when the game was still in reach.  He started off poorly but then got in a groove and the offense was moving. Sure, they were still only getting 3s instead of 7s but they were actually moving the ball. Then he took a couple of sacks and they hooked him. I would guess that one of the reasons for the sacks was our receivers struggling to get separation. 

We had the fumble recovery in the red zone and promptly put in LeFevour, to hand off once and then miss on a screen pass.

Davis is our best shot to win this week (obviously with Nichols out). I'm hopeful he can move the offense and we can get a bit more going on around him.

I think they yanked him because he began to look shell-shocked.  After that last hit he took when he scrambled forward, he looked even more apprehensive then he did when he started..

hopefully a weeks worth of work will let him get into a groove early and he can work out any anxious moments he might have

They pulled Davis because he could not get rid of the ball.  He took sacks because of indecision.  At the time, putting the veteran backup in appeared to be a good decision.

Knowing now that LeFevour was going to be worse , it is easy to second guess.  LeFevour can be good or bad.  He took over a game plan that was not suited for his skill set and he wasn't able to adjust.

12 minutes ago, MC said:

They pulled Davis because he could not get rid of the ball.  He took sacks because of indecision.  At the time, putting the veteran backup in appeared to be a good decision.

Knowing now that LeFevour was going to be worse , it is easy to second guess.  LeFevour can be good or bad.  He took over a game plan that was not suited for his skill set and he wasn't able to adjust.

Davis is the kind of guy who would get sacked if he was the 2nd last man on earth.

My fave from the last game was he somehow thought the best play was to run into the back of the Olineman holding the BC player.

Having said that he's got better arm IMHO then LeFevour though LeF is smarter.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Davis is the kind of guy who would get sacked if he was the 2nd last man on earth.

My fave from the last game was he somehow thought the best play was to run into the back of the Olineman holding the BC player.

Having said that he's got better arm IMHO then LeFevour though LeF is smarter.

I'm not sure if high football IQ is something I would associate with run across the field and throw it across my body to the opposition Dan LeFevour.