Week 20: Bombers @ Stamps "Week Of" Thread

Noeller

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why is anyone surprised that LeFevour is starting?   Davis has what 1 start in his career?   LeFevour has much more and has had way more success in the league to date compared to Davis.    

How long has Davis been a Bomber?  Two or three seasons?  If he isn't the go to guy at this point will he ever be?

17 minutes ago, mfranc said:

How long has Davis been a Bomber?  Two or three seasons?  If he isn't the go to guy at this point will he ever be?

He's been with the team since late June of 2015 and has one career regular season start under his belt. The sample size is still way too small, so it's anyone's guess if he'll ever be the go-to when Nichols can't.

On 10/30/2017 at 10:32 PM, Eternal optimist said:

The other thing that is kind of a "pick your poison" scenario for the Blue & Gold is, omitting the possibility of a tie, Winnipeg is going to play a team coming off a 3-game winning streak.

I think Edm is currently on a 4-game win streak... 

17 hours ago, ddanger said:

A friend of mine works at the arena, and Harris was there on Sunday night watching the Jets Philly game. If he can watch a hockey game his head is fine.  Watching the puck and the players will tell you right away about the status of your head and whether you have a concussion or not.  But like Westwood said on the Big Show this morning, I too will say a little prayer for #33 if he takes the field in Calgary. Get him to his 1000 and get him out.

I think being around the noise of  the arena would be a better indicator of how is head is doing...

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why is anyone surprised that LeFevour is starting?   Davis has what 1 start in his career?   LeFevour has much more and has had way more success in the league to date compared to Davis.    

Was Davis not the #2 QB on the depth chart since the beginning of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

LeFevour, Harris, and Flanders run for over 200 yards combined.

I don't think enough people appreciate how valuable Flanders is in this offense... everyone keeps mentioning losing Adams (which is obviously huge too)... but I think our offense runs best around Adams, Flanders and Harris, with Dressler as the 4th option...

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don't think enough people appreciate how valuable Flanders is in this offense... everyone keeps mentioning losing Adams (which is obviously huge too)... but I think our offense runs best around Adams, Flanders and Harris, with Dressler as the 4th option...

I'm expecting a big, big game from Flanders.  He'll be hungry.

38 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Was Davis not the #2 QB on the depth chart since the beginning of the season. 

He was,  but blew his chance from his shakey performances.    I would assume they think Danny Le-Fever would give them a better shot at winning since he has more experience of being a starter and since Davis has looked uncomfortable.

11 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

If O Shea actually starts the Fevour over Dom I will be dumbfounded. If O Shea has been one thing he has been consistently stubbornly loyal to his guys.

Example 1- last year  he continued to play Willy even though every fan and player knew it wasnt working. He played Willy until his job was on the line.

Example 2 - he has played Sam Hurl when everyone knows the guy is basically a non-moving object. Loyalty to a FAULT. 

This year he has always stated that Dom was his 2nd string...and now against all reason it looks like he will start LeFevour. 

The only stupid reason I can see behind this madness is that O Shea wants to lose as badly as he can to Calgary so we can lull our playoff opposition to sleep!!

How in any way, shape or form can we deduce that Lefevor is his "guy"?

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He was,  but blew his chance from his shakey performances.    I would assume they think Danny Le-Fever would give them a better shot at winning since he has more experience of being a starter and since Davis has looked uncomfortable.

If Davis looked uncomfortable, then The Fever looked incompetent.

I don't understand the why they're starting him. There's plenty of tape to show that The Fever is a great short-yardage guy but that's it.

Just now, BBlink said:

Davis has been our #2 guy, taking more reps throughout the year.  We need a playoff #2 guy and I guess they figure that LeFevour has a higher upside for playoff performance.  I guess that makes sense.

thinking you are right.  Fevor has the experience and is more "CFL ready" then Davis showed last week.. which is a shame, I'd hoped his development would have been further along.

48 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think people are underestimating how badly this regime wants to host a home playoff game. If they feel LeFevour is their best option (besides Nichols)... right now, today...they'll go with him.

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

MOS’ loyalties are confusing to me. Davis may not be great or even good but we really can’t know yet. Lefevour is what he is. And what he is is terrible. 

ya or maybe Davis has looked like **** all week and Lefevor looked better and thus giving us a better chance at winning?  Couldn't be that hey?  Or Lapo giving Fevor his nod of approval, as we do know O'shea defers to his co-ordinators..

couldn't be that we don't see what they see.. we are much more able to evaluate QB talent and skills from our couches and seats at the game.

I agree that LeFevour didn't look good. However, he has at least shown something at some point. The stat line for Davis from the last game is a bit deceptive too. It doesn't look too bad because there is no official "Stood there, looked confused, and got sacked" category. I think starting LeFevour is the right call.