Rumor is Richie Hall may not be able to coach this year

Mike

Looked into it after reading it on Riderfans this morning and there is a real concern that Richie might not be able to resume coaching this season due to some health issues. Not entirely sure what it is and don't really feel like we're in a position to know until he's ready for us to, but it sounds serious enough that it could prevent him from coaching.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a speedy recovery from whatever it is that is affecting Coach Hall. This is not good news, but for so many reasons other than football. :(

17 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Hypothetically if Richie can't go, who would coach the defense? someone internally or would they bring somebody else in?

I believe LB coach Glen Young is already very involved with the defence and O'Shea obviously has lots of knowledge there as well.

absolutely zero chance you bring in a new guy at this point. It's someone within the system to just carry on with what they're doing. At any point, this seems like entirely the wrong time to be speculating on that sort of thing. Let's just keep it to "Hope Coach Hall is okay, and will recover soon!"

55 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Stubler probably or is he in Toronto still. I don't doubt the story but at the same time would like to hear it from a source with the bombers. If true... hope all Is well with coach.  If not true... well, that's pretty evil. 

I doubt Mike would have started this post if there was nothing to the story.  Just got to hope it's nothing too serious and Ritchie pulls through it ok.

I hope he will be okay. He lives in Regina in the off-season, doesn't he. I guess that could be why it hit RiderFans before the media here has heard anything.

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Stubler probably or is he in Toronto still.

Stubler wasn't kept on by Trestman. Chamblin is the Argos DC.

A friend of mine knows Richie well and says he should be good to go this season if his recovery stays on track...which it has. His attendance at mini camp was a very good sign apparently. He wouldn't tell me what the medical problem was out of respect for his friend, but did confirm that it is not life threatening.

Edited by gcn11