Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

28 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I equate to a cop will not pull you over if you are doing 105 in a hundred but if you are doing 150 you are getting the book thrown at you

good analogy

just curious if anyone has popped over to riderfans to see what the spin is over there?

Bring down the roof on these buggers...No wonder guys like BLM spoke up...This has totally tainted the league and skewed it in favour of one team.. If something 'heavy' doesn't come down, there's going to be a lot of questions being asked of our commissioner...This blatant, flagrant abuse of the bylaws  cannot be allowed, now or in the future, and the proper punishment should be levied...I don't care if the riders are viewed as the 'cash cow' of this league...that cash cow has just dropped a huge  'cow patty' and now the rest of the league are going to have to step in it...What the hell was Jones thinking over there, that nobody would blow the whistle..They better be prepared for a shyte storm over there because it's brewin and this one ain't going away.

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Bring down the roof on these buggers...No wonder guys like BLM spoke up...This has totally tainted the league and skewed it in favour of one team.. If something 'heavy' doesn't come down, there's going to be a lot of questions being asked of our commissioner...This blatant, flagrant abuse of the bylaws  cannot be allowed, now or in the future, and the proper punishment should be levied...I don't care if the riders are viewed as the 'cash cow' of this league...that cash cow has just dropped a huge  'cow patty' and now the rest of the league are going to have to step in it...What the hell was Jones thinking over there, that nobody would blow the whistle..They better be prepared for a shyte storm over there because it's brewin and this one ain't going away.

Again just my opinion based on his behavior to date, because of his bravado and brazen approach to the game. 

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Embarrassed?  This isn't embarrassing. I'm more embarrassed about how bad we are this year. I was really wanting to believe we were going to be greatly improved this year. Our start to the season has been painful to watch, to say the least.  Only one thing bothers me about having extra players around, it means we did a shyte job in the winter of bringing in the correct people that we have to Fake around now trying to fix it. That I am definitely not happy about. But Bomo getting his panties worked up because we have more here than the other teams do means nothing to me. Its pretty simple in my mind, if rules have been broken then fine the team and investigate to the letter of the law. If there turns out to be something to this then Jones/Murphy can face the music which may end up being their jobs. BUT BUT BUT, investigate every team in the league to the exact same degree and handle things the same way.  The other side of the coin here is that unless something can be proven, Mitchell should be fined by the league for slanderous comments

That statement is absurd. Saskatchewan is being investigated because of evidence, you want ALL teams investigated because YOUR team got caught AGAIN?

I'll review Saskatchewan and their use of numbers.

Several years ago over the salary cap and sanctioned.

Recently sanctioned for misuse of ratio.

Evidence of more players than 46 on roster. 

Evidence of more players than 10 on practice squad.

Smoke billowing that there maybe 10 more players participating in club activities.

and of course the sign said "let the 13th man be your worstest nightmare". And blowing a Grey Cup, by an inability to count.

AND 10 Grey Cups wins is more than 4.

collectively your group must be the biggest bunch of drop outs in the league. I get it. You'll say the whole league is bad at the gozintas.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

So punishing the Riders will hurt the league?  Are they going to make the Riders worse this season somehow?

Yeah I don't get that.  Are the Riders going to stop showing up to games?  Boycott the league?  I don't see what possible recourse the Riders would have to damage the league.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

The >46 / >10 thing doesn't really mean anything, that just has to be cleared before they declare their roster for the week. Ours looks like that sometimes too, it's just clerical stuff.

No kidding. websites are not always up to date, its what's filed with the league that matters

18 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

That statement is absurd. Saskatchewan is being investigated because of evidence, you want ALL teams investigated because YOUR team got caught AGAIN?

Investigated, fine. I have no problem with it. when its common knowledge other teams are doing it, would it not seem appropriate to you to investigate all the teams?? I know you guys are hoping beyond hope that the riders get nailed to the wall but I think you may be disappointed.

Edited by Ripper

35 minutes ago, Stickem said:

That he's above the law. This is not a new thing for him either. Remember how he left Calgary for Toronto? That broke the rules too, then there was his departure to Saskatchewan which was again shady as ****. Guy thinks he doesn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else and I hope beyond hope that the CFL finally nails him to the wall for being an absolute **** head but I am not hopeful. The league can't even suspend players never mind disciplining a GM. 

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Investigated, fine. I have no problem with it. when its common knowledge other teams are doing it, would it not seem appropriate to you to investigate all the teams?? I know you guys are hoping beyond hope that the riders get nailed to the wall but I think you may be disappointed.

Is it common knowledge?  Not so sure about that... I've never heard of other teams doing what the Riders are doing.  Can you point to anyone outside riderfans.com that has this common knowledge?

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

The many faces of ripper and it all begins with "yeah but...". You should change your handle to Yeah But, know that?

It's not common knowledge that other teams carry more players than the rules state. Your making up junk. You have no evidence. Therefore there is no evidence to start an investigation of other teams. I'll characterize your statement as others are guilty as equivalent to a young immature boy getting caught stealing cookies. 

and now your saying it's ok to be investigated AND you have no problem with that. Well you YOU do have a problem with the investigation because you've said "but but but...". 

I think you'll be disappointed when the title "cheater" is attached to your coach and the entire franchise, for years and years to come. Every time a green jersey is seen in an opponents stadium, you'll be hearing, whispers and shouts, "there's the cheaters".

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

The many faces of ripper and it all begins with "yeah but...". You should change your handle to Yeah But, know that?

It's not common knowledge that other teams carry more players than the rules state. Your making up junk. You have no evidence. Therefore there is no evidence to start an investigation of other teams. I'll characterize your statement as others are guilty as equivalent to a young immature boy getting caught stealing cookies. 

and now your saying it's ok to be investigated AND you have no problem with that. Well you YOU do have a problem with the investigation because you've said "but but but...". 

I think you'll be disappointed when the title "cheater" is attached to your coach and the entire franchise, for years and years to come. Every time a green jersey is seen in an opponents stadium, you'll be hearing, whispers and shouts, "there's the cheaters".

Well there already are whispers and shouts and certain names being used, but adding cheaters is fine too I guess ;) ...