Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah. Ripper.  Your team is very very guilty and huge egomaniacs are running that team. I honestly hate the riders but even I don't wish this much crap on them. 

Nah this is just the whole league being jealous of SK dontchaknow?!  Ripper's said so. Pedersen's said so. Gainer's said so.  If the 3 most qualified football people in SK say so, then it must be true. 

Not sure how long Jones is gonna last in riderville. 

I personally would send his ass packing soon. Seriously all he needs is to be accused of beating up his wife or girlfriend and yeah... 

I can't believe I'm going to say this but... I don't even think Mike Kelly was this much of a gongshow 

Come on tell me this isn't getting to or has already gotten to the Mike Kelly level yet? LOL ... 

Kelly loses his cool

?size=40x40&site=blogs&authtoken=3ef318eKirk Penton - July 15th, 2009

Bombers head coach Mike Kelly stormed out of his daily media briefing Wednesday after questions kept coming about the team’s scout that was caught taking notes at Hamilton Tiger-Cats practice on Tuesday.

The session got off on the wrong foot when Kelly noticed the larger-than-normal media turnout and said: “Lazy asses. You wait ’til something happens, then you show up. Right? OK.”

Q: Were you aware of the scout’s plans in Hamilton?
Kelly: “Non-issue. It’s handled internally. I’ve got nothing to say.”

Q: It’s an issue. The Canadian Football League just sent a directive out.
Kelly: It’s a non-issue to me.

Q: Hamilton Tiger-Cats are accusing you of cheating. That’s not an issue, coach?
Kelly: I don’t care what anybody has to say about it. It’s a non-issue, it’s been handled internally, and I’m not talking about it.

Q: You constantly tell us you’re the head of the football operations here, responsible for everything …
Kelly: Right. Non-issue. Handled internally. I’m not talking about it. Now what don’t we understand about that, OK?

Q: It seems a contradiction …
Kelly: Non-issue. Handled internally. Not talking about it. There we go. We’re done. Next question.

Q: When you handle it internally, does that mean meetings or …?
Kelly: Do you understand what internally means? It’s been handled internally. We’re not talking about it. It’s over with. Move on. Next question.

Q: What’s the normal procedure for pre-scouting, the relationship you would have with your scouts. Would it be normal operating procedure kind of thing for scouting a game?
Kelly: Sure. You tell me what normal operating procedure is, and then we’ll go from there. Next question.

Q: On a normal week, would you have scouts at a practice?
Kelly: Did you not listen to anything I said. I’m not talking about this. It’s a non-issue, it’s over with, it’s done. Now unless you have something else to say, I’m not talking about it. So you can take that and leave the building. It’s that easy. Do we all understand each other now? Good! Next question! Got nothin’ to say? Enjoy your day, fellas. We’ll see you at Ivor Wynne Stadium.

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What is a tourist hit?

A "Tourist Hit" by definition in the 2015 CFL Rule Book

Unnecessary physical contact, including but not limited to, running into, diving into, cut blocking
or throwing the body on a player who is:

A)  out of the play, or
B ) should not have reasonably anticipated such contact by an opponent, before or after
the ball is dead;
C) throwing a ball carrier to the ground after the ball is dead.

http://www.tsn.ca/reports-popp-makes-inappropriate-comments-to-als-players-1.543569

Alouettes receiver Duron Carter offered his thoughts on what the coach told the team.

"Personally, I just take it for what it is. I don't really put too much into it," Carter told RDS on Wednesday. "It happens to be 2016 and you can't say stuff like that. If this was ten years ago then I guess it wouldn't be a problem but here we are answering that question."

Who are the leaders on this Al's team? You have Popp going crazy, and you have your best player wont keep his mouth shut. Second most dysfunctional team in the league besides you know who ;)

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

A "Tourist Hit" by definition in the 2015 CFL Rule Book

Unnecessary physical contact, including but not limited to, running into, diving into, cut blocking
or throwing the body on a player who is:

A)  out of the play, or
B ) should not have reasonably anticipated such contact by an opponent, before or after
the ball is dead;
C) throwing a ball carrier to the ground after the ball is dead.

So... Chung's hits were they cheap or in defense of our QB or other team mate?

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Yeah. Ripper.  Your team is very very guilty and huge egomaniacs are running that team. I honestly hate the riders but even I don't wish this much crap on them. 

I don't know what to think, guess we'll see how this unfolds.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Nah this is just the whole league being jealous of SK dontchaknow?!  Ripper's said so. Pedersen's said so. Gainer's said so.  If the 3 most qualified football people in SK say so, then it must be true. 

I'm not so sure you should be lumping that homer Pederson in with Gainer and myself.

16 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I don't know what to think, guess we'll see how this unfolds.

I feel bad for you. It's getting past the point of stupidity. I'll say this here as I've said this about the Bombers in the past. Jones was an experienced HC but a rookie when it comes to building & managing a team. Murphy seemed like the next up & coming GM but under Jones isn't as disciplined as he was under Hufnagel. Together they are inexperienced with no one to reign them in so  huge mistakes are happening. We saw that here with the Bombers under Mike Kelly & Joe Mack & it set the team back years. But even under the unhinged Kelly we've never seen what is happening with the Riders now. Rider fans should be asking what the hell is going on instead of being upset with Bo Levi Mitchell.

Edited by iso_55