Prediction time

Well, someone might as well start this up. Let's hear everyone's predictions for team standings (records included if you want, but only if you make sure every team has 18 games and the total wins and losses are equal!!!!!), playoff results, and awards candidates if you'd like. I'm going to let others go first, since I really have very little idea how things will shake out this year. New coaches in all western cities except Winnipeg, no Cornish in Calgary, Harris out of BC and into Wpg, Durant back but all new receivers in Sask., no Collaros to start in Hamilton, no Owens in Toronto, Popp coaching Kevin Glenn in Montreal, Trevor Harris backing up Burris in Ottawa but lost their starting tailback already. New uniforms, new stadiums, new season. Off we go.

This is the most unpredictable start I have ever seen for the Blue. Every team leans heavily on their starting QB, but no one more so than the Bombers. If Willy gets his poop together, we ought to be looking at 10 and 8, but if Willy is as tentative as he did in the pre-season outings, or the O-line and/or game plan let the team down, we could be looking at 8 &10 or even 6 &12 followed by a bloodbath in the coaching ranks. We have to be at or very close to .500 after the Labour Day game, or the sharks will start to circle.

25 minutes ago, tracker said:

This is the most unpredictable start I have ever seen for the Blue. Every team leans heavily on their starting QB, but no one more so than the Bombers. If Willy gets his poop together, we ought to be looking at 10 and 8, but if Willy is as tentative as he did in the pre-season outings, or the O-line and/or game plan let the team down, we could be looking at 8 &10 or even 6 &12 followed by a bloodbath in the coaching ranks. We have to be at or very close to .500 after the Labour Day game, or the sharks will start to circle.

This is make or break for OSH this year and I think Willy too.  If he is healthy all season and still poops the bed then he is out of excuses and it's time to start looking for yet another new number one.  Does Bo Levi have a younger brother?

I'm gonna predict the standing but not the records... Why? I just think it could be a very even race across the entire CFL this year... eg 11-7 could win the division while 8-10 misses out on the playoffs... anyways...

West:

1. Calgary

2. Edmonton

3. Winnipeg

4. Sask

5. BC

East:

1. Hamilton

2. Toronto

3. Ottawa

4. Montreal

58 minutes ago, TransconaBomberfan said:

Winnipeg wins Grey Cup on final play missed field goal by Lirim 

at which point Lirim whips off his Argo jersey to show his Blue Bomber jersey he is wearing underneath, and the entire nefarious plan launched by Kyle, MOS and LH last year to go deep under cover with the Argos to purposely tank the 2016 Grey Cup is finally revealed.

I'm hoping Wpg can get off to a fast start. Eskies look like they're picking up from where they left off - but it's only preseason so I take it all with a grain of salt.

I agree that this is probably as tough as ever to predict what will happen. I'm really looking forward to the season as I think it's wide open. My biggest question marks in the west though are Sask and B.C. I think Sk will struggle early - they might not win a game until Labour Day (sorry boys they almost always win on Labour Day), but once they start winning I could see them winning 5 or 6 in a row. B.C. I think will be inconsistent.

As KBF said and myself earlier - this is Willy's make or break year, and perhaps O'Shea. Willy for sure though. He's making big dough and really hasn't done a whole lot to earn it. Though he does represent still the Bombers best chance to win. The key is can he stay healthy? 

Ok so I think it will be:

West:

Calgary - 12 - 6

Edmonton - 12 -6 (lose tie break to Calgary

B.C. 9 - 9

Wpg - 8 - 10

Sask 6 - 12 

East:

Hamilton - 11 - 7 (will take Collaros a while to get in the swing of things)

Toronto - 11 - 7 (Hamilton wins the tie break but Ricky Ray will have a resurgence and stay healthy

Ottawa - 7 - 11 (that means Wpg makes it in the east in the cross over - Henry Burris will struggle this season)

Montreal  - 3 - 15 (that team is a mess)

Not sure if the math works, but that's what the order anyway.