Bombers add 2, release 2

Mike

"Cole ended up hurting himself... We're going to try and keep him in the fold." - Coach O'Shea on Cole

— Blue Bombers (@Wpg_BlueBombers)

September 29, 2015
For people jumping to conclusions

Why not put him on the injured list? Are we just cheap and trying to avoid paying him?

Watch him get 15 sacks for the Stamps next year.

The question now is why not put him on the 6-game IR instead?

So even if he's injured I can release him for other reasons and can't release him only because he's injured?

If so, this would be a close call wouldn't it. Did they decide to cut him prior to knowing of his injury? I don't know what the official rule is and how it's determined and the sequence of things and if that has any bearing on releasing players that are injured.    

Lets take the bombers at their word he's injured maybe wants to rehab closer to home so they released him.

Man, you really must be new here  :lol:

No i just don't think everything the bombers do is wrong ,or there trying to put one over on us believe or not but there has been some positives this season.

If you want to keep a player you put them on an IR, you don't cut them and take a chance that no one else will  pick them up. I didn't think you could cut an injured player anyway.

Does it have something to do with the cap? Marve retires mid-season. Cole is cut. (6 game doesn't help as you don't get to take the salary off of the cap until they've finished their first 6 game stint and we don't have 7 games left.)

If you want to keep a player you put them on an IR, you don't cut them and take a chance that no one else will  pick them up. I didn't think you could cut an injured player anyway.

Does it have something to do with the cap? Marve retires mid-season. Cole is cut. (6 game doesn't help as you don't get to take the salary off of the cap until they've finished their first 6 game stint and we don't have 7 games left.)

That doesn't sound right. Is this really a thing?