Bombers add 2, release 2

Mike

It's been almost a year since Greg Peach had a sack.

A more important criteria than sacks would be how disciplined and effective is Peach with his Gap assignments.  

Gap assignment is important, however, a DE has to have the ability to rush the QB. Saying that Peach's zero sacks is excusable because of gap assignment is like saying a receiver with zero catches is worth starting because he blocks well downfield. Stats don't tell the whole story on a player's abilities or worth, but they shouldn't be ignored either. Gap control...sheesh...if that's all we want out of a DE then no wonder our DL is in shambles.

I've been told several times by posters on this board that the Bombers are nowhere near the cap, so these "experts" must know what they're talking about, right?

This post is just sad irony. You are attempting to mock people's knowledge without any clue or evidence to suggest that they are wrong. You can disagree...but this post comes off as you being proved correct, yet I don't see an iota of evidence to support your indignation. Sometimes you should just accept the fact that some people know more about the Bombers than you do and quit trying to make it a competition.

It's been almost a year since Greg Peach had a sack.

A more important criteria than sacks would be how disciplined and effective is Peach with his Gap assignments.  

Gap assignment is important, however, a DE has to have the ability to rush the QB. Saying that Peach's zero sacks is excusable because of gap assignment is like saying a receiver with zero catches is worth starting because he blocks well downfield. Stats don't tell the whole story on a player's abilities or worth, but they shouldn't be ignored either. Gap control...sheesh...if that's all we want out of a DE then no wonder our DL is in shambles.

Absolutely, ideally I want the whole package from my DE not just one component. Great comparison with the receiver too.

O'Shea did say in his presser that they "hope" to keep Cole in the fold.  Good possibility that he turns up elsewhere as other CFL teams will not ignore what he accomplished in his limited playing time and may make him a better offer than the Bombers in the off-season.  Not protecting him on the 6 game doesn't make sense.

did cole get hurt outside of football , ie not in a game or practice, sounds like it, any one know

Interesting thought, might actually come down to insurance coverage or the CBA. if he did injure himself playing basketball or building a birdhouse would he be eligible to go on the 6-game?

Da'rel Scott ended up on the 6 game IR after hurting his back working out in the weight room. Not the same as building a birdhouse, but not really football related either.

did cole get hurt outside of football , ie not in a game or practice, sounds like it, any one know

Interesting thought, might actually come down to insurance coverage or the CBA. if he did injure himself playing basketball or building a birdhouse would he be eligible to go on the 6-game?
Da'rel Scott ended up on the 6 game IR after hurting his back working out in the weight room. Not the same as building a birdhouse, but not really football related either.

I think you could make the argument that working out was football related. It's part of his job.