Suggestions for us old timers... and thoughts on long term

Is 34 really that old? I dont know, it feels like it. Last time my Bombers were a good team was the 80's We've had sporadic success since then.... a few Grey Cup appearances then we would just as quickly sink back into mediocrity. So it's actually been a really lousy 2 and a half decades of being a Bomber fan (holy crap 25 years..)

I feel like us older guys maybe lack some perspective and are easier to anger. I guess I'd ask for patience from others who wonder why I fly off the handle a little too fast. I'm just exhausted from my team that I grew up with become the worst team in the league, and for so long.

Now with that said, it's not O'Shea's fault what happened for 23 of those years. It's not Walters fault for... 22? Willy has thrown some really bad, awfully timed interceptions but it's not his fault either that this team has been so bad for so long. So honestly, how do you a lot of people around here stay focused on the long term seemingly and not get so disheartened after losses like this? I mean this post in all earnest , no bs. I find myself the same way with some Jets players but can think longer term with them... and they've been gone since 15 years and didn't win a thing when I was a kid.

Do the Bomber fans out in the internet land think Walters is the long term key? Is O'Shea a good long term gamble, and these blunders will only make the coach stronger moving forward? I dunno. I guess I'm just thinking out loud. In a way I feel bad for some negativity I bring after losses, but I don't know how else to react anymore after so many years.

Once you've tasted success, nothing else measures up.

The world and especially sports cannot be viewed so such a black and white version of the world. There is a plethora of grey area to consider IMO.

The world and especially sports cannot be viewed so such a black and white version of the world. There is a plethora of grey area to consider IMO.

I guess my larger, over arching point is that this is still a sports league, where championships matter. No championships in 24 years, compounded with a really poor regular season record has left me with almost no fuse left for this team. And it sucks because I recognize that this club has improved and we're 2-2.

You either win the GC or you don't, that's the black and white of it.

I guess my larger, over arching point is that this is still a sports league, where championships matter. No championships in 24 years, compounded with a really poor regular season record has left me with almost no fuse left for this team. And it sucks because I recognize that this club has improved and we're 2-2.

Well I see where your coming from as a quarter century is a lengthy drought no doubt. I have to say tho that successful regimes always have longevity.. We haven't had longevity in a very long time. I know people always will cry out 2 years or less for a rebuild! Cuz it's happened before. It's happened for teams who can convince the cream of the crop to come down and coach and GM.. for some bizarre reason our previous Higher ups (and possibly the current ones) have yet to bring in the right mix. I hope Walters and Oshea are that tandem but we have to give them some time to prove it. As long as progression is made then I'm happy. If all we see is burkesesque bed shutting then I'm just as pissed as the rest of you guys.

You either win the GC or you don't, that's the black and white of it.

Ok Ricky bobby. I'll keep thinking that getting better and finishing higher in the standings until we get a grey cup is a solid method.

I actually do like O'Shea. I think his players play hard for him and he's a steady voice in the locker room.

I like Walters as the GM in the management sense. Also like his drafting so far.

I'm a little concerned about our import talent though. It seems like we are finding steady players but need to be finding more impact players

Suggestions. Lol. All you can do is keep watching and hoping they win. Guess reality is the grey cup ain't won in week 4. Only suggestion tho is indeed to realize the grey cup isn't won or lost in week 4. Pretty simple. Don't get so high after wins or too low after losses. 14 games to go. We are 2 and 2. Long ways to go. Didn't a 8 10 Calgary beat a 14 4 bomber team in the grey cup b4?

I don't know if Walters and O'Shea are the "right guys" but I do know that Mack/Lapo got to a Grey Cup and Berry/Taman got to a Grey Cup and these guys seem to be better at their respective jobs than those guys ever were.... In my opinion, of course.

There is a lot of parity in the league right now. If the Bombers get hot at the right time, they could win it all. Why not? I don't know why so many people stand out on the ledge after a loss. It's one game, we're .500. We almost stole one in Calgary... By which I mean, any win in Calgary has to be considered a steal for the Bombers with their history there. I've been a lot more worried about the team than I am right now... They look ok to me.

Have to agree about the frustration...I think fans would have more patience if there wasn't such a bloody long time between Cup wins....Losing close ones like that just increases the frustration..Many fans are losing patience already and poor coaching decisions are not helping matters...Cal. could've/should've been had and we let it slip away...I wish Mike O' would take a good belt of that stuff he's sniffing on the sidelines, before some of the decisions being made by this club and wake the hell up.

Have to agree about the frustration...I think fans would have more patience if there wasn't such a bloody long time between Cup wins....Losing close ones like that just increases the frustration..Many fans are losing patience already and poor coaching decisions are not helping matters...Cal. could've/should've been had and we let it slip away...I wish Mike O' would take a good belt of that stuff he's sniffing on the sidelines, before some of the decisions being made by this club and wake the hell up.

What's up with that?  I noticed him doing that last year.  He probably became addicted to smelling salts in his playing days and now needs them to get out of bed in the morning.

I think the Grey Cup drought just pisses us off and causes a little loss of perspective. That said the past 20 years have seen a lot of bad football.

However 2-2 is better than I thought we might be to start.

Hard not to agree... if that 2001 team had gotten the job done (they really should have)... we would all be a lot more patient today

I do know that while we aren't quite there yet, you have to be blind to the fact that we seem to be moving in the right direction.  For me it's a game by game thing.  Some people seem to think that we were going to go from the bottom (last year) to the top this year instantly, without any growing pains whatsoever.  We're 2-2 but it's like some people here think that anything short of 4-0 is a complete disaster. So before we march on the Bombers offices, take a breath, calm down and let's just wait a see for a bit, shall we?