Suggestions for us old timers... and thoughts on long term

Actually, Moosomin has an interesting history. It was the center of a community consisting of remittence men- bad boys who were exiled from England to Saskatchewan and would receive remittences (mailed money) only if they stayed there. They tried to recreate British lifestyles (good luck with that) which included fox hunts, building a opera house and (honest to God) "gopher farming" which locals persuaded the fops to invest in.

From my experience a hooker emporium would have been a much better investment.

patron, proprietor,  or employee?

As always, start at the bottom work your way up!

Yeah when I lived in Regina I went back and forth a lot. I always filled up in Moosemin. Usually stopped for lunch at Red Barn.

When I drive between Calgary & Winnipeg stopping at Moosomin is never an option. I divide the trip into 4 segments... Calgary to Medicine Hat, stop for gas as it's the cheapest before Saskatchewan. Medicine Hat to Swift Current, stop for a quick bite along the highway.... McDonalds or A & W. Swift Current to Regina, stop at the Husky Station for gas before heading out of town... Regina to Brandon. Stop for a quick fill along the highway... then Brandon to Winnipeg. Vice versa the other way. Dividing up the drive like that is a helluva lot better than thinking 14 hours OMFG it's going to be Hell... Each segment is 2 1/2 to 3 hours...

Yeah when I lived in Regina I went back and forth a lot. I always filled up in Moosemin. Usually stopped for lunch at Red Barn.

When I drive between Calgary & Winnipeg stopping at Moosomin is never an option. I divide the trip into 4 segments... Calgary to Medicine Hat, stop for gas as it's the cheapest before Saskatchewan. Medicine Hat to Swift Current, stop for a quick bite along the highway.... McDonalds or A & W. Swift Current to Regina, stop at the Husky Station for gas before heading out of town... Regina to Brandon. Stop for a quick fill along the highway... then Brandon to Winnipeg. Vice versa the other way. Dividing up the drive like that is a helluva lot better than thinking 14 hours OMFG it's going to be Hell... Each segment is 2 1/2 to 3 hours...

I'm more or less the same, but we cut out Swifty....usually the Hat to Regina in a single shot. I'm a big "Get Where I'm Going As Fast As I Can" kinda guy....no unnecessary stops.....

I'm more or less the same, but we cut out Swifty....usually the Hat to Regina in a single shot. I'm a big "Get Where I'm Going As Fast As I Can" kinda guy....no unnecessary stops.....

plus why spend any more time in Saskatchewan then you have to? 

plus why spend any more time in Saskatchewan then you have to?

Because you might want to got to Rocanville to see the World's Largest Oil Can.

I've been a Bomber fan since 1965 & I can tell you that even though I've seen a number of Grey Cup victories in my lifetime, going through this drought is no more easier for me or someone else who is a passionate fan yet never experienced the thrill of the Bombers winning a championship. I'm just as frustrated as everybody else & I suspect other older fans are as well. 

Didn't I see you in the $2,50 Salisbury House end-zone seats?

I was the kid tossing the peewee football. LOL!