Suggestions for us old timers... and thoughts on long term

We won last year...killed the demon, as far as I'm concerned. Same as winning in Regina...it counts. Now, to Commonwealth......

you are being way too positive.
I want to say "there's no such thing.." but..........Spuds.........
Yeah Spuds takes it to an all new level. About half-way to Rider-ville. Spuds is the Moosomin of Bomber fans. :)

Moosemin sucks,period. I, do not.

There are lots of us... We are plentiful.. We are many, we are legion.

Over the past 15 years most of the coaches that have won Cups have had no CFL head coaching experience before taking the job.

Yep you're right. Buono, Higgins, and Don Matthews stand out but the rest had no HC experience before being hired.

2014 Hufnagel

2013 Chamblin

2012 Milanovich

2011 Buono

2010 Trestman

2009 Trestman

2008 Hufnagel

2007 Austin

2006 Buono

2005 Maciocia

2004 Clemons

2003 Higgins

2002 Matthews

2001 Buono

While winning championships is the ultimate measuring stick for success perhaps we should not overlook championship appearances. Winnipeg leads the CFL in trips to the Big Game with 24 appearances. Since 1984 Winnipeg is tied for the lead in appearances with Edmonton . Has there been a long drought since yes but let's all take a breath.

Any championship team in any sport relies on more than just coaching excellence and player excellence. Injuries at inopportune times like broken arms in a Final or an achilles tear in the first game can derail the best or worst teams. There is a lot of luck involved here too.

On the other hand when I see Reinbold (spelling an approximation) on the sidelines I can't help but think of the motorcycle riding ear stud wearing placeholder of a coach and how inept those teams were. I don't think luck had anything to do with how bad those teams were. 

While we are wallowing in past misery just think how many Sask Grey Cups in a 100 years (is it 4 or 5).  The Bomber 10 seem downright glorious in comparison. Someone mentioned while those Eskimo teams that won in the 70's were almost unbeatable the Bombers were still very good teams that just could not get tot the top of the mountain. 

While winning championships is the ultimate measuring stick for success perhaps we should not overlook championship appearances. Winnipeg leads the CFL in trips to the Big Game with 24 appearances. Since 1984 Winnipeg is tied for the lead in appearances with Edmonton . Has there been a long drought since yes but let's all take a breath.

This sounds like another case of accepting mediocrity as progress... the old saying is "you're either first or you're last"... getting the big show is nice, but once you're there, winning is all that matters...

We won last year...killed the demon, as far as I'm concerned. Same as winning in Regina...it counts. Now, to Commonwealth......

Yeah Spuds takes it to an all new level. About half-way to Rider-ville. Spuds is the Moosomin of Bomber fans. :)

The Red Barn restaurant in Moosomin was a good place to stop for a bite on the way to/coming back from Regina.  Definitely eased the pain for at least one Labour Day drive back to Winnipeg.

This sounds like another case of accepting mediocrity as progress... the old saying is "you're either first or you're last"... getting the big show is nice, but once you're there, winning is all that matters...

If you were worse than mediocre then mediocrity is progress.... Is this a difficult concept to grasp? Sometimes it just takes time to make drastic improvements and patience is required and yes that means accepting mediocrity as progress. 

Yer both nuts.. its KFC buffet or nothing in that jerk water..

Hey, don't dis the town. They have a new hotel and a Tim Horton's now. Change is coming at a dizzying rate in Saskatchewan.

Lol, colour me shocked by that. Everywhere seemingly has a Tim's nowadays. Doesn't matter how big the place is.

Actually, Moosomin has an interesting history. It was the center of a community consisting of remittence men- bad boys who were exiled from England to Saskatchewan and would receive remittences (mailed money) only if they stayed there. They tried to recreate British lifestyles (good luck with that) which included fox hunts, building a opera house and (honest to God) "gopher farming" which locals persuaded the fops to invest in.

Actually, Moosomin has an interesting history. It was the center of a community consisting of remittence men- bad boys who were exiled from England to Saskatchewan and would receive remittences (mailed money) only if they stayed there. They tried to recreate British lifestyles (good luck with that) which included fox hunts, building a opera house and (honest to God) "gopher farming" which locals persuaded the fops to invest in.

From my experience a hooker emporium would have been a much better investment.

The Red Barn restaurant in Moosomin was a good place to stop for a bite on the way to/coming back from Regina.  Definitely eased the pain for at least one Labour Day drive back to Winnipeg.

I wonder how many businesses in town will move out to the highway? I drove thru there a couple of years ago & the KFC hadn't yet. Can't remember if any other chains had as well. 

True story. During the 1950 flood my mother, brother & sister evacuated & left the city for a couple of weeks to stay with family in Saskatchewan. My dad stayed behind to watch over our newly built house in Riverview & his auto body shop in Norwood (that used to be) on Marion Street beside the Norwood Hotel. They stayed in Fleming, SK. Everytime I drive by Fleming I think of that. There's nothing there now so I can't imagine how much more nothing there was 65 years ago or how bad the (gravel & mud) highway must've been to get there. I never met our family out there. I don't even know who they were. I guess I should ask my brother as he's the only left who can tell me. 

From my experience a hooker emporium would have been a much better investment.

patron, proprietor,  or employee?

There is two hotels now with a third being built. There is a A&W by the highway and a subway just beside the new RedBarn. Also a new Co-op gas bar beside the Tim Hortons

I bet more people stop now because the stores & restaurants are new & right beside the highway than when the TCH went thru town.