Free agency news

BigBlue

Wowsers.  Landing anywhere other than BC seems unexpected.

I guess after missing out on Glenn, Lefevour was the best option available for the Als.

Hard to comprehend what Wally has up his sleeve but this is a good move for the Als.

HAM extends CJ Gable. Gable and Grigsby aint a bad back-field and they still have Mosis Madu.

You think they keep all of them around? Unless Grigsby got some balls surgically added in the offseason he's not as good as the other two guys.

Call me over sensitive but really beginning to think you don't like Grigsby.

He gave us high hopes coming outta camp after.cottons injury... Then we realized he can't block, barely catch and is a lightweight when any contact happens... Any dislike is based upon his brutal season with us AND then blaming everyone but himself..

HAM extends CJ Gable. Gable and Grigsby aint a bad back-field and they still have Mosis Madu.

You think they keep all of them around? Unless Grigsby got some balls surgically added in the offseason he's not as good as the other two guys. 

And you might be surprised to learn that it has nothing to do with the circumstances of him no longer being a Bomber. 

The guy is just a giant ***** as a running back. He actually hampered the offense in Winnipeg and made them worse and easier to defend. God knows how many hits he subjected Willy too because he couldn't establish any kind of run threat and allowed teams to pin their ears back. I just have absolutely no use for a runningback who shies away from contact and refuses to hit the line of scrimmage hard and fast and who goes down if you even touch him with one hand. 

To be honest I wasnt thrilled when I heard he was coming here after what he said in WPG. But this is a case, imo, where you have to hold your nose and put a little blind faith in your coach and GM etc. Austin went out and got him and then retained him - as a fan I owe him the benefit of the doubt.

It might be all academic anyway - if Gable is fully recovered he'll see most of the action regardless of whatever shortcomings Grigsby has.

Lefevour - gawd love 'em he's a gamer but he has no arm.

Cannot win consistently in this league over 18 games without one - that is to say if fans are dreaming him as a starter.

He does make a good change of pace QB to throw in to kick start a stalling offense.  He at least offers a different look because of his speed....  a huge improvement over Brink who has no arm and average speed. 

He gave us high hopes coming outta camp after.cottons injury... Then we realized he can't block, barely catch and is a lightweight when any contact happens... Any dislike is based upon his brutal season with us AND then blaming everyone but himself..

That's just incorrect... catching is one of the things he is good at... I believe there was even discussion around here about how effective is would be in the slot...