Free agency news

BigBlue

Rider homerism seems to be at an all time high right now...

via http://www.rodpedersen.com/2015/02/daytona-homes-monday-morning-goalie_23.html

"THE WINNERS AND LOSERS:  It's too early to crown a winner in 2015 CFL free agency but because we get all wrapped up in wins and losses, it's prudent to look at what's gone on so far.  Clearly the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Ottawa RedBlacks signed the MOST players and both clubs certainly upgraded their talent.  Not coincidentally both franchises finished at the bottom of their respective divisions in 2014 so they had to do something.

However, to me, the most intriguing free agent on the market was quarterback Kevin Glenn and I pointed that out on the SportsCage prior to the Feb 10 deadline.  So given the fact he signed with Saskatchewan, you'd have to think the Riders are near the top when you're deciphering a free agency winner.  Plus, they were able to retain all the players they were hoping to while the Calgary Stampeders were ravaged.

It's also interesting to note that two-time Grey Cup champion with the Stampeders, Nik Lewis, is still floating around in free agent space.  The Roughriders declared weeks ago that they have to interest in Lewis."

To summarize... signing Kevin Glenn = winning in FA so far

via http://www.rodpedersen.com/2015/02/daytona-homes-monday-morning-goalie_23.html

"THE WINNERS AND LOSERS:  It's too early to crown a winner in 2015 CFL free agency but because we get all wrapped up in wins and losses, it's prudent to look at what's gone on so far.  Clearly the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Ottawa RedBlacks signed the MOST players and both clubs certainly upgraded their talent.  Not coincidentally both franchises finished at the bottom of their respective divisions in 2014 so they had to do something.

However, to me, the most intriguing free agent on the market was quarterback Kevin Glenn and I pointed that out on the SportsCage prior to the Feb 10 deadline.  So given the fact he signed with Saskatchewan, you'd have to think the Riders are near the top when you're deciphering a free agency winner.  Plus, they were able to retain all the players they were hoping to while the Calgary Stampeders were ravaged.

It's also interesting to note that two-time Grey Cup champion with the Stampeders, Nik Lewis, is still floating around in free agent space.  The Roughriders declared weeks ago that they have to interest in Lewis."

The also won the bidding war for Gord Hinse.

Its a great signing if you know for sure that Durant is not going to be effective any more and also that Sunseri and whomever else are going to suck.  Let the Rider fans gloat. If they are looking to Glenn to lead them to the promised land, they are going to be wandering in the wilderness for a while yet.

via http://www.rodpedersen.com/2015/02/daytona-homes-monday-morning-goalie_23.html

"THE WINNERS AND LOSERS: It's too early to crown a winner in 2015 CFL free agency but because we get all wrapped up in wins and losses, it's prudent to look at what's gone on so far. Clearly the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Ottawa RedBlacks signed the MOST players and both clubs certainly upgraded their talent. Not coincidentally both franchises finished at the bottom of their respective divisions in 2014 so they had to do something.

However, to me, the most intriguing free agent on the market was quarterback Kevin Glenn and I pointed that out on the SportsCage prior to the Feb 10 deadline. So given the fact he signed with Saskatchewan, you'd have to think the Riders are near the top when you're deciphering a free agency winner. Plus, they were able to retain all the players they were hoping to while the Calgary Stampeders were ravaged.

It's also interesting to note that two-time Grey Cup champion with the Stampeders, Nik Lewis, is still floating around in free agent space. The Roughriders declared weeks ago that they have to interest in Lewis."

The also won the bidding war for Gord Hinse.

LMAO!!!

HAM extends CJ Gable. Gable and Grigsby aint a bad back-field and they still have Mosis Madu.

You think they keep all of them around? Unless Grigsby got some balls surgically added in the offseason he's not as good as the other two guys. 

I was thinking a similar thing. He may not make it out of camp. I'm assuming no guarantees were given to him.

HAM extends CJ Gable. Gable and Grigsby aint a bad back-field and they still have Mosis Madu.

You think they keep all of them around? Unless Grigsby got some balls surgically added in the offseason he's not as good as the other two guys. 

I was thinking a similar thing. He may not make it out of camp. I'm assuming no guarantees were given to him.

Can't understand why Bellefueille and Oshea kept Grigsby as starter once Cotton was healthy. They stuck with him long after it was clear he is the kind of back who is slow to read the gaps and is down on first contact. Makes you wonder what they were thinking.

Agreed. It pains me to say this, but I think Grigsby will have a decent season for you guys. He looked good at times for you guys last season.
Cut in camp or IR'd.. He isn't better then gable or madu..

Call me over sensitive but really beginning to think you don't like Grigsby.

Call me over sensitive but really beginning to think you don't like Grigsby.

And you might be surprised to learn that it has nothing to do with the circumstances of him no longer being a Bomber. 

The guy is just a giant ***** as a running back. He actually hampered the offense in Winnipeg and made them worse and easier to defend. God knows how many hits he subjected Willy too because he couldn't establish any kind of run threat and allowed teams to pin their ears back. I just have absolutely no use for a runningback who shies away from contact and refuses to hit the line of scrimmage hard and fast and who goes down if you even touch him with one hand.