Free agency news

BigBlue

Absolutely. I was one who

HAM extends CJ Gable. Gable and Grigsby aint a bad back-field and they still have Mosis Madu.

You think they keep all of them around? Unless Grigsby got some balls surgically added in the offseason he's not as good as the other two guys.

Call me over sensitive but really beginning to think you don't like Grigsby.

He gave us high hopes coming outta camp after.cottons injury... Then we realized he can't block, barely catch and is a lightweight when any contact happens... Any dislike is based upon his brutal season with us AND then blaming everyone but himself..

That's just incorrect... catching is one of the things he is good at... I believe there was even discussion around here about how effective is would be in the slot...

Absolutely, I was one of a few members here who mused that perhaps we could convert him to receiver.

HAM extends CJ Gable. Gable and Grigsby aint a bad back-field and they still have Mosis Madu.

You think they keep all of them around? Unless Grigsby got some balls surgically added in the offseason he's not as good as the other two guys.

He gave us high hopes coming outta camp after.cottons injury... Then we realized he can't block, barely catch and is a lightweight when any contact happens... Any dislike is based upon his brutal season with us AND then blaming everyone but himself..

That's just incorrect... catching is one of the things he is good at... I believe there was even discussion around here about how effective is would be in the slot...

His blocking was also very good. One of the factors sited by O'Shea for why he kept his job so long.

His blocking was also very good. One of the factors sited by O'Shea for why he kept his job so long.

It wasn't initially .. Willy took a lot of unnecessary shots while he sorted his sh@t out ..

I like Lefevour better than Crompton. I think he wins the starting job.

If it happened it wouldnt be for long after Green etc. start to complain Lefevour cant get deliver.

Luke Tasker, as quiet and nice a guy as they come, admitted openly, HAM's rec. corps played with no confidence when he was starting last year.

Biggest question about lefevour is if he is going to be as effective running the ball now. That made him dangerous. Pretty severe injury to recover from.

This and he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a pass..

LeFevour never impressed me that much. He's Ken Hobart 2.0. And Hobart stunk as a qb. 

The roster tinkering continued for the RedBlacks on Thursday.

Already with five quarterbacks on their roster, the RedBlacks made it a half-dozen with the signing of international QB Jordan Johnson.

The RedBlacks also announced the signing of defensive end Eric Harper while releasing linebacker Anton McKenzie.

Johnson played college ball for the Montana Grizzlies from 2010 to 2014 where he threw for 8,615 yards and 78 touchdowns while rushing for 896 yards. The 22-year-old made headlines in 2012 when he was charged with rape. He was ultimately acquitted and reinstated to his college team.

The 6-foot-3, 238-pound Harper played college football at Louisiana Tech and Grambling State University.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/02/26/ottawa-redblacks-add-sixth-quarterback?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I really have to say it's such a shame that Desjardins is such a putz because Ottawa's group of scouts keeps bringing in pretty legitimate prospects. I like Johnson as a CFL QB and Harper is just an overall interesting athlete. DE/TE in college. LB in NFL.

LeFevour was good for Hamilton last year.  Without him they don't make the Grey Cup.  IMO, he's the guy who finally convinced Austin to take the shackles off his mobile QB's.  They signed a stable of scrambling QB's and ran an offence early in the season that forced them to exclusively pass from the pocket.  LeFevour made a ton of plays with his legs and arm when he got a chance and the TiCats scheme did a 180 by the time Collaros came back.

LeFevour was good for Hamilton last year. Without him they don't make the Grey Cup. IMO, he's the guy who finally convinced Austin to take the shackles off his mobile QB's. They signed a stable of scrambling QB's and ran an offence early in the season that forced them to exclusively pass from the pocket. LeFevour made a ton of plays with his legs and arm when he got a chance and the TiCats scheme did a 180 by the time Collaros came back.

My thoughts exactly. There are times when a coach's stubbornness is simply beyond reason.

LeFevour was good for Hamilton last year. Without him they don't make the Grey Cup. IMO, he's the guy who finally convinced Austin to take the shackles off his mobile QB's. They signed a stable of scrambling QB's and ran an offence early in the season that forced them to exclusively pass from the pocket. LeFevour made a ton of plays with his legs and arm when he got a chance and the TiCats scheme did a 180 by the time Collaros came back.

My thoughts exactly. There are times when a coach's stubbornness is simply beyond reason.

kelly_mike_487_381.jpg

Yeah he improved his blocking and was always good at catching and running in space, but he had a tremendous ability to find a tackler to run into and to go down at the slightest hint of contact and to play like he was afraid of getting hit. No use for a runningback who is a giant *****. 

That's funny. I like your post. Made me chuckle. Grigsby's a POS. 

Lotsa angry rider fans at that cut.. Imagine he will be back at a reduced rate but will shop around first.. Nobody is paying him over 100k again tho..

Angry that he was released or angry that it took so long? He was quite the whipping boy for Rider fans for a while.