Free agency news

BigBlue

I really hope someone at Twitter tweets that dummy in Calgary and reminds him that "when you can't recruit, you buy" after they signed a DE

Who are you referring to?
Dan Federkeil, who was none too pleased that we bought Bryant away from them...

I really hope someone at Twitter tweets that dummy in Calgary and reminds him that "when you can't recruit, you buy" after they signed a DE

Who are you referring to?
Dan Federkeil, who was none too pleased that we bought Bryant away from them...

Well, he went to the NFL for more money. So, it was okay for him to get the money but not Bryant? 

I am surprised in the lack of interest around the league for Sam Giguere. I wonder why that is?

Probably just expects too much money. His rookie contract was crazy overpriced, he squeezed out every penny possible based on combine numbers and a short stint with the Colts. Now people will be offering him significantly less than what he made previously. Most players don't go into FA thinking that will happen, and with the limited choices available for NI receivers, he probably thought he'd get comparable numbers to what Hamilton paid him the first time around.

He's going to have to get past his disappointment before a deal gets done.

There seems to be two camps with him; one that still buys into all the hype from his combine numbers and another that thinks he's a bust. He's somewhere in the middle of all that, and given what we have right now I'd be pleased if the Bombers signed him. Kohlert, Feoli-G, Goodrich and that kid from the Watson trade - unless we've already decided to take a receiver with that 2nd overall pick, I think we need another good NI receiver on the roster to meet our ratio needs. I hope Goodrich and whatshisface are amazing, but right now they have a combined 0 catches for 0 yards in the CFL. If Kohlert gets injured, we are in trouble.

it's only touch football but I played against Kurt Goodrich, the guy is a big time athlete with killer speed and crazy good hands.

Funny story, our team was playing against his team and he was playing on defense. He was matched up against me, a guy who's 1/10th the football player he is. I kept trying to run my 5 yard outs/ins and the guy would continuously hold, jam and block me which you aren't supposed to do in touch football. I eventually got fed up and when I was running my route, I made my cut and gave him a shot to the gut. Let's just say if it was in the parking lot I would've gotten my ass kicked as he's got about 20 lbs of muscle on me....and I frequent the gym.

Lee is beyond Richardson

Could rotate lee and Thomas through the line for 7th cdn, only 24 could have breakout year - sign him

My guess is Ivan Brown has already replaced Louie Richardson.

Thats what I was thinking as well.

However I would still like to pick up Lee to ensure we get Pall off the roster as well... I'm pretty sure he's our slowest D-lineman.... There are actually OL faster than that guy

Lee is beyond Richardson

Could rotate lee and Thomas through the line for 7th cdn, only 24 could have breakout year - sign him

My guess is Ivan Brown has already replaced Louie Richardson.

Thats what I was thinking as well.

However I would still like to pick up Lee to ensure we get Pall off the roster as well... I'm pretty sure he's our slowest D-lineman.... There are actually OL faster than that guy

Agree here. I would rather have David Lee, who both played for O'shea (Tor) and Hall (Ssk).

Dump Pall now. 

Before we make any moves, can't we at least name a D-Line Coach? 

I'm sure we don't have to do the roster planning for them in the meantime.

Players will get what they deserve…one way or another.

Pall's had it pretty easy for a long time. Do nothing & get paid. Nice gig if you can get it. 

Pall's had it pretty easy for a long time. Do nothing & get paid. Nice gig if you can get it.
Pall played in a couple games for the Bombers late last season.

Pall played in a couple games for the Bombers late last season.

Great, that makes 4 in 3 seasons. #specialteamsterror