Time for some tough love on....

KptKrunch

The speaker in the helmet works for the whole game, heck the whole season, except for the one play we take a stupid time count.  That doesn't make you go Hmmmm?

So, conversely, why was Marve halfway onto the field trying to yell the play in...  Didn't really hear about him doing that on any other play...?

The speaker in the helmet works for the whole game, heck the whole season, except for the one play we take a stupid time count.  That doesn't make you go Hmmmm?

The men in the tinfoil hats would surmise that the CFL needs the eastern teams to win and they must have blocked the communication channel that the WBB's were using ensuring that the call couldn't be communicated from MB to Willy.    There's really no other explanation.    

Should take 2 seconds to go helmet not working, honey booboo on 2.

Folks believe that helmet speaker stopped working on the one play we took a time count violation at the end of the game?  Sounds more like an excuse to me.

As has already been mentioned before my post, and repeating what O'Shea stated on the Coach's show, it was a radio issue that was garbled…hence Marve running on the field, followed by the radio signal getting through, then the play was called, formation was broken…and as Maxwell Smart would say….

Missed it by that much…..Misseditbythatmuch.jpg

Seems to me that the Bombers don't practice this scenario. if they did they'd have been ready for it. Willy couldn't hear? Fans were excited. Asking them or even EXPECTING them to shut up is unrealistic. This never should have happened. Inside the 5 for gosh sake's just call a run on the LOS. Have a signal system along with the play call in the helmet mic.

It was very very quiet in that stadium.

Seems to me that the Bombers don't practice this scenario. if they did they'd have been ready for it. Willy couldn't hear? Fans were excited. Asking them or even EXPECTING them to shut up is unrealistic. This never should have happened. Inside the 5 for gosh sake's just call a run on the LOS. Have a signal system along with the play call in the helmet mic.

I was watching on television... I could hear crowd sounds.
And I was there and I'm telling you it was much quieter than any other play that game.

Yeah, I agree. Just sayin' it sounded loud on television... Hard to get a true gauge when I wasn't there.

That missed call I will chalk up to inexperience on Willy's part. That is going to happen, and it happened to have occurred at the worst possible time in the game. I won't forgive Willy again though. Sorry boys, I make a mistake a work, my boss doesn't mind, as long as I don't do it again. Willy is in the same boat - I'll forgive once, but now that he's gone through it, if it doesn't work he'll have to call his own play or set up something that he signals it's not working and the 'boss' then has to tell Willy by hand signals what the play is. 

Folks believe that helmet speaker stopped working on the one play we took a time count violation at the end of the game?  Sounds more like an excuse to me.

So let me get this straight.  If Mike O'Shea stated on the radio that the helmet speaker stopped working, you think he's lying and is trying to cover up for some screw up on their part.

But if Lawless, Wiecek or Friesen say anything...OMG IT'S THE TRUTH!!!!  HOW CAN YOU GUYS NOT BELIEVE THE MEDIA, AS IF THEY WOULD LIE TO US!!!!!1111!!!  YOU GUYS ARE ALL CONSPIRACY THEORISTS!

Seriously man, this is why people question the things you say.  Because you believe the guys who just want to bash on the Bombers, but you won't believe the head coach when he said there was a malfunction.

I was watching on television... I could hear crowd sounds.
And I was there and I'm telling you it was much quieter than any other play that game.

Yeah, I agree. Just sayin' it sounded loud on television... Hard to get a true gauge when I wasn't there.

It was dead quiet. Noise was not an issue..

So let me get this straight.  If Mike O'Shea stated on the radio that the helmet speaker stopped working, you think he's lying and is trying to cover up for some screw up on their part.

But if Lawless, Wiecek or Friesen say anything...OMG IT'S THE TRUTH!!!!  HOW CAN YOU GUYS NOT BELIEVE THE MEDIA, AS IF THEY WOULD LIE TO US!!!!!1111!!!  YOU GUYS ARE ALL CONSPIRACY THEORISTS!

Seriously man, this is why people question the things you say.  Because you believe the guys who just want to bash on the Bombers, but you won't believe the head coach when he said there was a malfunction.

Your not drawing me into yet another media argument.   This one has absolutely nothing to do with the media.

Is it possible that it was just bad luck and bad timing at a critical part of the game?  Sure.  Probable?  Not in my opinion.  Worth arguing about?  Nah.

If O'Shea fed you pablum and called it a steak, you'd not only believe him, but you'd argue with everyone else that is was the best steak you ever ate.

Your not drawing me into yet another media argument.   This one has absolutely nothing to do with the media.

Is it possible that it was just bad luck and bad timing at a critical part of the game?  Sure.  Probable?  Not in my opinion.  Worth arguing about?  Nah.

If O'Shea fed you pablum and called it a steak, you'd not only believe him, but you'd argue with everyone else that is was the best steak you ever ate.

Yeah, because we're just sheep that believe everything he says and does and have never argued about some of the choices he's made this year.  :rolleyes:

My point above doesn't have has anything to do with the media, it's the fact that you make no sense in who YOU specifically choose to believe in your posts, so it dirties your rep.  What would make you think O'Shea is lying to everyone about this?  It's not like he walks around telling everyone a bunch of BS all the time.  But according to you he's making an excuse, or in fact lying to everyone, to cover his butt.  Yet you choose to believe practically anything the media says and defend them at all stakes.  The comparison I made is not media vs O'Shea, it's about how you interpret who is telling the truth and who is BSing you.

MOS is a very matter of fact guy who seems pretty down to Earth.  I don't agree with him on all his choices (run defense, starting certain players, etc...), but I can't see what the point would be for him to lie about this.  His team already made enough mistakes all game, there's no reason for him to lie about this one thing.  He didn't even mention the bad calls the refs made during the game.  That right there shows integrity.  Even though he knew they were wrong he didn't go around calling them out on it.

Wow there is a lot of dumbness contained in this really dumb thread.

I love talking about Bomber football but if some losses is all it takes for people to start plumbing the absolute depths of idiocy then coming here isn't the best way to spend my time.  Okay, it never was, but at least it was an enjoyable way to mismanage it.

Tough love...

What's unbelievable is the length you will go to try to contradict what has been stated by more than one about that radio/helmet issue.

Drew Willy stated the same post game. (only on the radio breakdown - not about you contradicting)

But hey if you want to be fed steak, and call it pablum…that's up to you.

Yeah, I agree. Just sayin' it sounded loud on television... Hard to get a true gauge when I wasn't there.

No problem, just no one had mentioned how quiet it was, so I just wanted to clear up that it was quite quiet live.  Likewise I didn't watch it on TV so couldn't say what it sounded like on there!

As for the TERM tough love - I have no doubt that Willy fully knows what he, or the receivers, did wrong.  He's a smart guy, these are just growing pains.  He has always admitted his mistakes and the last game was no different.  I sure don't think the sky is falling and Willy won't be an effective starting QB - but he needs to make better decisions sometimes.  And he would be the first to admit it.

It's rather pointless to question the technical problems with the helmet receiver.  It would be more appropriate to discuss why we did not use the other 58.8 minutes to get it done. Just like bad ref calls/nocalls we have to put ourselves in a position to overcome the effects of these. Waiting until the last 3 seconds to win a game when we had scored only 11 points till then is not something you should hope for or betch about if it did not happen. 

It has become very obvious the refs will not get any better so we should use their incompetence as a 13th man we have to account for. As sad as it is that is a fact of the game at the moment and this man can have a break out game at any time. 

Yeah, because we're just sheep that believe everything he says and does and have never argued about some of the choices he's made this year.  :rolleyes:

My point above doesn't have has anything to do with the media, it's the fact that you make no sense in who YOU specifically choose to believe in your posts, so it dirties your rep.  What would make you think O'Shea is lying to everyone about this?  It's not like he walks around telling everyone a bunch of BS all the time.  But according to you he's making an excuse, or in fact lying to everyone, to cover his butt.  Yet you choose to believe practically anything the media says and defend them at all stakes.  The comparison I made is not media vs O'Shea, it's about how you interpret who is telling the truth and who is BSing you.

MOS is a very matter of fact guy who seems pretty down to Earth.  I don't agree with him on all his choices (run defense, starting certain players, etc...), but I can't see what the point would be for him to lie about this.  His team already made enough mistakes all game, there's no reason for him to lie about this one thing.  He didn't even mention the bad calls the refs made during the game.  That right there shows integrity.  Even though he knew they were wrong he didn't go around calling them out on it.

I don't always believe what players, coaches, management or media say.  Years of experience lead me to believe that all of them lie or massage or spin the truth or give a version of the truth that puts them in the best light.  They all go through the same media training.  

O'Shea's never going to blame a player or coach or any of the management team for that matter in public.  It's been his MO since the day he took the job.  He's never wavered from it and I don't think he ever will.  If a coach didn't get the play call in in time, O'Shea wouldn't call him out.  If Willy didn't get the play off on time, O'Shea wouldn't call him out.  If other players didn't get lined up in time, O'Shea's not going to call them out.  If a player or coach was supposed to be watching the clock and didn't do it, O'Shea's not going to call him out.  O'Shea's not calling the plays, so he can't fall on his sword and take the blame, which he's done on other occasions.  Blaming the tech is an easy way out.

O'Shea is hardly up front about most things in the media.  He keeps stuff behind closed doors.  Lots of folks around here have commended him on that, but they still want to believe that everything he says is gospel.  You can't have it both ways  IMHO.

Willy said he couldn't hear the play call.  He ran towards the sidelines to get it.  He thought he still got the play off in time, but he apparently he didn't.

Those more or less are his words, expressed to Bob Irving and relayed to the populace via the medium of radio.

Not sure why I'm wasting my time.

The tin foil hat is strong with this one.

I don't always believe what players, coaches, management or media say.  Years of experience lead me to believe that all of them lie or massage or spin the truth or give a version of the truth that puts them in the best light.  They all go through the same media training.  

O'Shea's never going to blame a player or coach or any of the management team for that matter in public.  It's been his MO since the day he took the job.  He's never wavered from it and I don't think he ever will.  If a coach didn't get the play call in in time, O'Shea wouldn't call him out.  If Willy didn't get the play off on time, O'Shea wouldn't call him out.  If other players didn't get lined up in time, O'Shea's not going to call them out.  If a player or coach was supposed to be watching the clock and didn't do it, O'Shea's not going to call him out.  O'Shea's not calling the plays, so he can't fall on his sword and take the blame, which he's done on other occasions.  Blaming the tech is an easy way out.

O'Shea is hardly up front about most things in the media.  He keeps stuff behind closed doors.  Lots of folks around here have commended him on that, but they still want to believe that everything he says is gospel.  You can't have it both ways  IMHO.

That bolded one is what bothered me about this. Usually an o-lineman is watching so that if he has to, he can take a procedure penalty to avoid the time count. It's basically giving up 5 yards for a time out.

The men in the tinfoil hats would surmise that the CFL needs the eastern teams to win and they must have blocked the communication channel that the WBB's were using ensuring that the call couldn't be communicated from MB to Willy.    There's really no other explanation.    

Am I the only one that saw Austin on the sidelines with rabbit ears and a HeathKit?

Am I the only one that saw Austin on the sidelines with rabbit ears and a HeathKit?

No way, he borrowed a walkie talkie set from a kid in the stands.  They taped it to the centre's butt and all Collaros had to do was listen for the calls.

Just for the record, i'm on the side of logic meaning the headset malfunctioned, That's really the only logical explanation considering that was what has been said multiple times now. Not sure why someone IN BC seems to think otherwise, and the explaining of the microphone TSN stuff was in response to Brandon who keeps going on and on about it was quiet in the stadium, It  doesn't matter how quiet it is in the stadium or how loud it is really if the headset isn't working. The headset is used for MB to communicate the plays to Willy. If that mucked up then really, It's not like MB is yelling the plays to WIlly over a megaphone for gods sake, he's saying it to willys headset in his helmet, If that messed up then how quiet it was in the stadium makes no difference at all, hell people could have been hooting and hollaring as loud as they wanted too be and it still wouldn't matter if the headset mucked up like it did. Jesus, why is it so hard for people to understand that how loud or quiet in the stadium doesn't matter if the headset in willys helmet messed up.