Time for some tough love on....

KptKrunch

Over 300 yards passing, no turnovers, over 65 per cent completion percentage. Yes, lets blame the quarterback. Unbelievable. By the way, the guy who 95 per cent of this message board wanted in the offseason was just over 55 per cent passing, didn't throw or run for a touchdown and had under 200 yards passing.

and he got the win, didn't he? What point are you trying to make? Me - ONE and SIX

What did Collaros do to actually contribute to that win? Pretty sure their only touchdown came off of a blocked punt followed by a blown assignment in the run defence that was a 20+ yard TD from Madu. We gave up 5 sacks and had 15 penalties for 130 yards. The fact that we even had a chance to win this game shows the QB Willy is.

If we were to get six wins all season, back in June people would have taken that easily considering our roster and record from last year. The team we see now is the team we are. We exceeded expectations at the start. There are holes on this roster in terms of Canadians, receiver depth, and the offensive and defensive line. We'll get there. Quarterback is not in any way, shape, or form the issue on this team.

My point - You need to get a clue, because you have none. Remember the thread about keeping Renaud? You proved your knowledge of this football team in that thread considering he can't kick off or kick field goals, nevermind the creation of this thread which quite frankly goes beyond stupidity.

Really Mr. P. 9 Td's in 12 games, and 11 int's, if you want to talk stats. Only stat I care about are wins and loses. You are so smart you dissed me about Crompton remember. Don't look now but Crompton is only TWO wins behind Willy. I could care less about stats though - it's wins. And Willy is 5 and 1, now 1 and 6. I have the clue you don't. And don't call me stupid it's an opinion mr arrogant

Actually if you take the time to READ what I said, I said this thread was stupid. I never said you we're stupid.

Our team is simply not good enough to give away ten points on special teams mistakes and still win.

I'm not sure who was responsible for the blocked punt but we need a dedicated long snapper. Having Ian Wild doing the job is just too risky. Signing Chad Rempel would've been a great move.

tsn guys were blaming lirim, it was a bad snap though. said lirim should have recognized the pressure and adjusted and kicked the ball to the other side... 

however, in my opinion he probably didn't recognize it because he had to basically grab the ball off the turf first. 

Over 300 yards passing, no turnovers, over 65 per cent completion percentage. Yes, lets blame the quarterback. Unbelievable. By the way, the guy who 95 per cent of this message board wanted in the offseason was just over 55 per cent passing, didn't throw or run for a touchdown and had under 200 yards passing.

and he got the win, didn't he? What point are you trying to make? Me - ONE and SIX

What did Collaros do to actually contribute to that win? Pretty sure their only touchdown came off of a blocked punt followed by a blown assignment in the run defence that was a 20+ yard TD from Madu. We gave up 5 sacks and had 15 penalties for 130 yards. The fact that we even had a chance to win this game shows the QB Willy is.

If we were to get six wins all season, back in June people would have taken that easily considering our roster and record from last year. The team we see now is the team we are. We exceeded expectations at the start. There are holes on this roster in terms of Canadians, receiver depth, and the offensive and defensive line. We'll get there. Quarterback is not in any way, shape, or form the issue on this team.

My point - You need to get a clue, because you have none. Remember the thread about keeping Renaud? You proved your knowledge of this football team in that thread considering he can't kick off or kick field goals, nevermind the creation of this thread which quite frankly goes beyond stupidity.

Really Mr. P. 9 Td's in 12 games, and 11 int's, if you want to talk stats. Only stat I care about are wins and loses. You are so smart you dissed me about Crompton remember. Don't look now but Crompton is only TWO wins behind Willy. I could care less about stats though - it's wins. And Willy is 5 and 1, now 1 and 6. I have the clue you don't. And don't call me stupid it's an opinion mr arrogant

Actually if you take the time to READ what I said, I said this thread was stupid. I never said you we're stupid.
actually every item you referenced and the way you put your post together you pretty much called him stupid, you know it, i know it we all know it. Play with words all you want.

Yes you're right, I did call you out on Crompton. Look at last night. He was under FIFTY PER CENT passing against Ottawa, and had two interceptions to boot. Hell, Tino Sunseri put up better numbers against Ottawa than Crompton did. That's all that needs to be said. Yes Montreal last night but it was NOT in any way, shape or form because of him. He has more interceptions than he does touchdowns this season(seven to four FYI) and he's barely over 60 percent passing. I stand by my comments on Crompton.

actually every item you referenced and the way you put your post together you pretty much called him stupid, you know it, i know it we all know it. Play with words all you want.

There was no personal attack or personal insult in anything I said. He made his points, I made my counter points and explained them. Welcome to a discussion on a message board. Like I said in another thread this afternoon, I'm not going to apologize for making counter points to posts that someone makes. If someone gets offended by that, then chances are they need a thicker skin. This isn't daycare.

Im curious why people always want to blame one guy after a loss or a few losses? their arguments never really make sense. It's never just one guy or one play.. could be argued at times that our special teams play (in general) has cost us some games but... i'm blaming the entire unit, not just one guy.

Don't like the blaming one guy thing in very much the ultimate team sport cuz it rarely to never is one guy that cost us the win.

Today? I'm gonna say it was special teams (in general) and i'm gonna say our oline crapped the bed a wee bit too.. same old problems really.

Blaming willy? i dunno, maybe he deserves some praise for having the BALLS to play behind that swiss cheese oline. Pretty tough to get going when you basically on every other play (especially in the first half) have a guy in your face 2 seconds after the ball is snapped, hell 1.5 seconds. 

Oline is the biggest issue, without an oline, your offence will struggle at times. 

The best teams in the league, calgary especially, what do they have? a great oline, sask a great oline. The oline matters lots. we have a below average oline. 

There was no personal attack or personal insult in anything I said. He made his points, I made my counter points and explained them. Welcome to a discussion on a message board. Like I said in another thread this afternoon, I'm not going to apologize for making counter points to posts that someone makes. If someone gets offended by that, then chances are they need a thicker skin. This isn't daycare.

Its your profile pic that makes it personal.

Drew Willy

Sorry boys not good enough. It took nearly TWO full games to get one stinking TD. And yes, Drew missed the second half against B.C., cause we would have won that game if he stayed healthy wouldn't we - as Willy and the juggernaut offense under Willy in that first half put up THREE points. First half tonight -THREE points. That's not good enough. Period. I like Willy, he's a keeper, but enough of Grigsby, our run defense, and special teams.

Willy got all the glory on the 5 -1 start, he deserves the horns for being 1 - 6 since.

QB is the least of your worries! Riders would take him back right now in a New York second.

He said he needs to get a clue

He then tried to cite another instance that had nothing to do with this thread and use it as an example that kpt as no clue

Then said the creation of this thread was beyond stupidity.

Pretty clear to me he was not attacking the thread or discussing anything, but rather attempting to attack the credibility of kpt with an insult thrown in...

Then when called out he tried playing with his words and backing out...

He then tried to cite another instance that had nothing to do with this thread and use it as an example that he has no clue

Pretty clear to me he was not attacking the thread or discussing anything, but rather attempting to attack the credibility of kpt with an insult thrown in...

Ok officer butthurt. Im pretty sure krush can fight his own battles so not sure why you feel the need to try and police mr.perfect...

Smh.

He then tried to cite another instance that had nothing to do with this thread and use it as an example that kpt as no clue

Lol. why bother. 

I really don't think the tough love approach works these days. athletes these days are much softer than they were in the past. You could whip them boys in the past with well whips and they would come out the next week and respond, you do that to todays athlete and you probably don't get much reaction. You probably get the opposite actually. 

I really don't think the tough love approach works these days. athletes these days are much softer than they were in the past. You could whip them boys in the past with well whips and they would come out the next week and respond, you do that to todays athlete and you probably don't get much reaction. You probably get the opposite actually. 

I think it can work, but there's a time and a place. Coaching has certainly evolved, you don't see as many "hard asses" as you do in the past. That being said, I don't think tough love on anybody is going to accomplish anything. This team is just not talented enough to be where we all want it to be. If this wasn't a talent issue, I could see it being useful in certain situations. Running the hogs hard in practice all week for example isn't going to make them perform better against Ottawa because they just aren't good enough yet.

How could Willy not hear the play call?  The stadium was dead quiet and if their was an issue why not at least run a sneak up the gut???? Also did we not have our time out??? 

Willy isn't *bad* but he definitely is showing his inexperience.    

I don't know who to fully blame....  it was clear that he didn't have the time to make all his reads and we had success doing quick hitters early on.... yet we abandoned this until late in the 4th quarter?  Was it the play call , was it Willy being scared.... regardless something wasn't right. 

Also the blocking of our receivers was downright awful.

Contrary to what Goalie thinks..Watson was limping an awful lot and me thinks the receivers need to get healthy and or some guys need to go. 

Oh, I bet we see some 'tough love' in ST drills this week.

How could Willy not hear the play call?  The stadium was dead quiet and if their was an issue why not at least run a sneak up the gut???? Also did we not have our time out??? 

Willy isn't *bad* but he definitely is showing his inexperience.    

I don't know who to fully blame....  it was clear that he didn't have the time to make all his reads and we had success doing quick hitters early on.... yet we abandoned this until late in the 4th quarter?  Was it the play call , was it Willy being scared.... regardless something wasn't right. 

Also the blocking of our receivers was downright awful.

Contrary to what Goalie thinks..Watson was limping an awful lot and me thinks the receivers need to get healthy and or some guys need to go. 

I'm sure I saw Pontbriand playing SB for a good chunk of this game, like pretty much blocking the way Watson usually blocks but also actually running routes.