Time for some tough love on....

KptKrunch

Drew Willy 

Sorry boys not good enough. It took nearly TWO full games to get one stinking TD. And yes, Drew missed the second half against B.C., cause we would have won that game if he stayed healthy wouldn't we - as Willy and the juggernaut offense under Willy in that first half put up THREE points. First half tonight -THREE points. That's not good enough. Period. I like Willy, he's a keeper, but enough of Grigsby, our run defense, and special teams. 

Willy got all the glory on the 5 -1  start, he deserves the horns for being 1 - 6 since. 

I'm a little surprised it's not Bellefeuille who's getting the tough love.

Mind you, I'm not down on him, completely, nor am I one of the crazies who wants him fired ..... yet.  But I do think he could 've called that goal line situation at the end a little better.  There was still enough time to try and run Robert Marve sneaks or draws in that situation, or even trick them and have Marve throw on a bootleg.  I don't see any reason we couldn't have called that.

But I agree with Grigsby, he needs to sit, and when we're down in the goal line, bring in the rock and let Volny pound it.  I've been saying that for years.

Over 300 yards passing, no turnovers, over 65 per cent completion percentage. Yes, lets blame the quarterback. Unbelievable. By the way, the guy who 95 per cent of this message board wanted in the offseason was just over 55 per cent passing, didn't throw or run for a touchdown and had under 200 yards passing.

Over 300 yards passing, no turnovers, over 65 per cent completion percentage. Yes, lets blame the quarterback. Unbelievable. By the way, the guy who 95 per cent of this message board wanted in the offseason was just over 55 per cent passing, didn't throw or run for a touchdown and had under 200 yards passing.

and he got the win, didn't he? What point are you trying to make? Me - ONE and SIX

Mind you, I'm not down on him, completely, nor am I one of the crazies who wants him fired ..... yet. But I do think he could 've called that goal line situation at the end a little better. There was still enough time to try and run Robert Marve sneaks or draws in that situation, or even trick them and have Marve throw on a bootleg. I don't see any reason we couldn't have called that.

But I agree with Grigsby, he needs to sit, and when we're down in the goal line, bring in the rock and let Volny pound it. I've been saying that for years.

its not bellefielle that threw incredibly stupid interceptions vs ssk and its not belle who piised the last three plays of our game today.

Mind you, I'm not down on him, completely, nor am I one of the crazies who wants him fired ..... yet.  But I do think he could 've called that goal line situation at the end a little better.  There was still enough time to try and run Robert Marve sneaks or draws in that situation, or even trick them and have Marve throw on a bootleg.  I don't see any reason we couldn't have called that.

But I agree with Grigsby, he needs to sit, and when we're down in the goal line, bring in the rock and let Volny pound it.  I've been saying that for years.

no you don't understand, Grigsby is fine. Willy has been god here since his 5 and 1 start. Well, with Willy we're 1 and 6 (and no way we beat B.C. last week even with Willy). It's time to start pointing fingers elsewhere. his TD pass now he has 13 in 13 games. And btw - he had four in the season opener against Toronto. Like I said, I like Willy but he's to blame now. He can't finish drives. 

He can't finish drives. 

Funny, I could have sworn he finished some pretty big drives at the end of week 2 and week 6 but what do I know...

SmokinBlue, on 27 Sept 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 27 Sept 2014 - 9:55 PM, said:

its not bellefielle that threw incredibly stupid interceptions vs ssk and its not belle who piised the last threw plays of our game today.

Dude, if you're gonna bring that up can you at least read what I said in it's entirety?  I said I thought he just mishandled that situation where Willy threw the ball in the last few plays of the game.  I said, he could've ran some Marve sneaks or Volny power runs down in that goal line.  Nothing wrong with that when there was still time.

Bigger culprits of tonight's loss were those ****** refs.  Ellingson fumble ruled an incompletion, and that awful call on the guy running into the kicker when he was blocked into him.

Those 2 fail calls changed this game and what should've been a drive with a FG to win it ended up becoming needing a TD.  No excuse for the CFL to put up with that.

Willy's not the problem. How many holes did we have to fill after last season & how many holes remain?? Lots. 

and he got the win, didn't he? What point are you trying to make? Me - ONE and SIX

What did Collaros do to actually contribute to that win? Pretty sure their only touchdown came off of a blocked punt followed by a blown assignment in the run defence that was a 20+ yard TD from Madu. We gave up 5 sacks and had 15 penalties for 130 yards. The fact that we even had a chance to win this game shows the QB Willy is.

If we were to get six wins all season, back in June people would have taken that easily considering our roster and record from last year. The team we see now is the team we are. We exceeded expectations at the start. There are holes on this roster in terms of Canadians, receiver depth, and the offensive and defensive line. We'll get there. Quarterback is not in any way, shape, or form the issue on this team.

My point - You need to get a clue, because you have none. Remember the thread about keeping Renaud? You proved your knowledge of this football team in that thread considering he can't kick off or kick field goals, nevermind the creation of this thread which quite frankly goes beyond stupidity.

First, I will say that the single biggest factor in the game was the blocked punt that went for a TD.  You don't usually beat an evenly matched opponent when you let that happen.

But...they went with 5 receivers on the last drive...leaving an extra blocker to help the OL.  They'd had success on some quick slants, but Hammy had those covered.  I would say Hammy focussed on the quick, short stuff and hoped their guys in the back would be able to cover.  Turns out they didn't have to...back to back overthrows and a time count violation.

IMO, this comes down to lack of confidence in the running game and the OL.  

I don't disagree but that time count was inexcusable and you can't expect to win a game when you score 11 points.

Mr. Perfect, on 27 Sept 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

If we were to get six wins all season, back in June people would have taken that easily considering our roster and record from last year.

Very true and if we only finished the season with 1 more over Ottawa, I'd take that too.  But I still say we got issues with not diversifying our run game and using 1 back way too much.

I say, pull Grigsby when we're down in the goal line and feed the ball to Volny or Pontbriand.  We need a big boulder running down in there who will run defenders over and push piles into the EZ.  That's not Grigsby's strength and we need to get Carl or mr M down in there bulldozing it.

I don't disagree but that time count was inexcusable and you can't expect to win a game when you score 11 points.

You score 11 points when you take 15 penalties for 120 yards. As for the timecount, considering this, what would you have liked him to do...?

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 4m

O'Shea says Willy couldn't hear play call, which lead to timecount violation on second and goal in final seconds. #Bombers

Its only on him for not calling a timeout...  MB is just as much at fault for that and for the game.

I don't mind Bellefuile's playcalling but his halftime adjustments are not good - always out-paced by the rival DC.

Bellefuile is the same MB we've always known, a decent playcaller who is just not good enough - the Kevin Glenn of OCs

Truth be told I actually liked Marcel's adjustments this game. Hamilton was blitzing hard because our line is a joke, then Marcel started calling those crossers to Bryant and Grigsby. Hamilton had no answer defensively and couldn't figure out what we were doing defensively. We just ran out of time.

Mr. Perfect, on 27 Sept 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

If we were to get six wins all season, back in June people would have taken that easily considering our roster and record from last year.

Very true and if we only finished the season with 1 more over Ottawa, I'd take that too.  But I still say we got issues with not diversifying our run game and using 1 back way too much.

I say, pull Grigsby when we're down in the goal line and feed the ball to Volny or Pontbriand.  We need a big boulder running down in there who will run defenders over and push piles into the EZ.  That's not Grigsby's strength and we need to get Carl or mr M down in there bulldozing it.

It actually seems to me that both MB and Etch have not changed as the game has changed...  MB's run game is pretty conservative.  Again, we need a power back for these schemes - how is that not sinking in with the brass.

Etch's schemes don't seem all that crazy anymore, lots of guys using different formations but not leaving as many gaps.

Either way, it was ST that lost this game for us.

Its only on him for not calling a timeout...  MB is just as much at fault for that and for the game.

We didn't have a timeout at the time. It was used after the third down play to get us to the 3.

I don't mind Bellefuile's playcalling but his halftime adjustments are not good - always out-paced by the rival DC.

Bellefuile is the same MB we've always known, a decent playcaller who is just not good enough - the Kevin Glenn of OCs

Truth be told I actually liked Marcel's adjustments this game. Hamilton was blitzing hard because our line is a joke, then Marcel started calling those crossers to Bryant and Grigsby. Hamilton had no answer defensively and couldn't figure out what we were doing defensively. We just ran out of time.

This is not necessarily counter to my point...  MB does make decent fourth quarter adjustments but it takes him too long to sort things out.  We always plateau in the second and come out really flat in the third.  By the time he adjusts on the fly, its already into the fourth and we're in comeback mode.

What did Collaros do to actually contribute to that win? Pretty sure their only touchdown came off of a blocked punt followed by a blown assignment in the run defence that was a 20+ yard TD from Madu. We gave up 5 sacks and had 15 penalties for 130 yards. The fact that we even had a chance to win this game shows the QB Willy is.

If we were to get six wins all season, back in June people would have taken that easily considering our roster and record from last year. The team we see now is the team we are. We exceeded expectations at the start. There are holes on this roster in terms of Canadians, receiver depth, and the offensive and defensive line. We'll get there. Quarterback is not in any way, shape, or form the issue on this team.

My point - You need to get a clue, because you have none. Remember the thread about keeping Renaud? You proved your knowledge of this football team in that thread considering he can't kick off or kick field goals, nevermind the creation of this thread which quite frankly goes beyond stupidity.

Really Mr. P. 9 Td's in 12 games, and 11 int's, if you want to talk stats. Only stat I care about are wins and loses. You are so smart you dissed me about Crompton remember. Don't look now but Crompton is only TWO wins behind Willy. I could care less about stats though - it's wins. And Willy is 5 and 1, now 1 and 6. I have the clue you don't. And don't call me stupid it's an opinion mr arrogant

You score 11 points when you take 15 penalties for 120 yards. As for the timecount, considering this, what would you have liked him to do...?

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 4m

O'Shea says Willy couldn't hear play call, which lead to timecount violation on second and goal in final seconds. #Bombers

Call his own play.

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 4m

Call his own play.
exactly last thing i need is more excuses

And Mr P - take some reading lessons ON that Renaud thread I never said he could do anything other than punt. WTF are you reading. Why don't you quote me where I said he did. I said he should punt because if someone breaks through and kills Lirim on a PUNT  then WHO do we have to kick that 45 yard field goal? Where did I mention Renaud there? He can't place kick hence why I didn't say that. English must not be your first language